Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 19 Feb 19, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by nkotb4life View Post
We do split stays 3/4nights universal 3/4 nights hotel offsite and week on Disney property. First time we hired a car when we were off-site and I hated driving, next time we decided we'd just get taxis and sure it worked out cheaper than hiring a car. We went through uber and lyft. Both had good deals for new users and if set up accounts on all your phone's and recommend each other you get free rides! Also they don't expect a tip just a good rating. I would never drive in Florida again! Found both services really reliable and the drivers really friendly.
Tipping is customary and the drivers rate the passengers too. If you don't tip eventually your passenger rating will drop low enough you'll struggle with peak time rides... and waiting time as some drivers simply won't accept your ride.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 19, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Burgmeister
Imagineer

Burgmeister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by duchy View Post
Tipping is customary and the drivers rate the passengers too. If you don't tip eventually your passenger rating will drop low enough you'll struggle with peak time rides... and waiting time as some drivers simply won't accept your ride.
Whether you tip or not is up to you. Whether your rating will "eventually" fall probably isn't relevant to most people as they only use them a few times on holiday

uber/en-GB/ride/how-it-works/tips/

Edited at 04:26 PM.
Burgmeister is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 19, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
rafjen
Apprentice Imagineer

rafjen's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Any holiday in Florida can be fantastic. There are pros and cons to both on and off site. Doing things differently will give you a different prospective and may give you some new must dos. Off site we loved the space, the private pool in the villa, the washing facilities, the ease/relatively cheapness of eating out and seeing a little bit more of the area.
rafjen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 19, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
nkotb4life
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

"Lyft told USA Today their tipping system does not affect a rider’s ratings because drivers must rate the rider before finding out if he or she received a tip. Only unusual behavior could lead to bad reviews and being kicked off Lyft."

It was 2016 we last went and tipping drivers wasnt on app. We did tip a few drivers who went out of their way, like providing water for us but most trips we didn't and I never felt like they were expecting one, maybe times have changed...
nkotb4life is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 19, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by nkotb4life View Post
We do split stays 3/4nights universal 3/4 nights hotel offsite and week on Disney property. First time we hired a car when we were off-site and I hated driving, next time we decided we'd just get taxis and sure it worked out cheaper than hiring a car. We went through uber and lyft. Both had good deals for new users and if set up accounts on all your phone's and recommend each other you get free rides! Also they don't expect a tip just a good rating. I would never drive in Florida again! Found both services really reliable and the drivers really friendly.
Luckily DH is happy to drive most of the time but I have read lots about Lyft and Uber and they both seem like good options if we needed them. I think we will probably end up going for a split stay too.

We found the doing the different things worked better in a villa ... room to spread and when we did different things it was easy as we just used a Lyft for the smaller group.
Fourteen days all in one room would kill me though lol
Yes we would certainly appreciate the extra room a villa would give us.

Originally Posted by rafjen View Post
Any holiday in Florida can be fantastic. There are pros and cons to both on and off site. Doing things differently will give you a different prospective and may give you some new must dos. Off site we loved the space, the private pool in the villa, the washing facilities, the ease/relatively cheapness of eating out and seeing a little bit more of the area.
Yes I agree that we may end up enjoying it better. We'll never know unless we try.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List