Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 26 Jul 18, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
eaglesrest
Apprentice Imagineer

Yaaah! TiW card has been shipped. Should be here for the 30th!

Shame we can't do anything with it for 9 months
eaglesrest is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 18, 11:41 PM  
Link to this Post
skstorm
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by eaglesrest View Post
They've made a withdrawal to my CC so looking good. It lasts 13 months and I was advised to order it a couple of months before we travel as its active from purchase date. The extra month is to cover the delivery time.

I went ahead and ordered ours now as we are only doing 1 Disney trip In the next couple of years anyway.
did you have an annual pass?
skstorm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 18, 06:41 AM  
Link to this Post
eaglesrest
Apprentice Imagineer

No, and I'm not a Florida resident either
eaglesrest is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 18, 07:31 AM  
Link to this Post
skstorm
VIP Dibber

No, and I'm not a Florida resident either
Thats fab! we lost our contract :-( everything back on hold now as we wait to find out if hubby's job is secure) ITs so frustrating as Ive seen some fab contracts just recently
skstorm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 18, 07:46 AM  
Link to this Post
eaglesrest
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by skstorm View Post
Thats fab! we lost our contract :-( everything back on hold now as we wait to find out if hubby's job is secure) ITs so frustrating as Ive seen some fab contracts just recently
That's a shame it was a decent price per point in this market.

At least there are still plenty about to choose from. The first contract is typically the easiest as you're not tied to a specific Use Year. I bought an AUL contract on a different UY because it was the right deal, but man it complicates things In hindsight I would have stuck with an SSR March UY but there were so few about, and the price per point was actually higher than AUL, and with higher dues.

There's been an increase in resale prices due to Disney raising their resale prices, restricting free DDP to DVC properties for UK, and we have a below average exchange rate. I wouldn't worry to much about missing out as I can't see the situation getting much worse from a purchase perspective. Famous last words ...
Old 30 Jul 18, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
eaglesrest
Apprentice Imagineer

TiW arrived today
Old 30 Jul 18, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post
skstorm
VIP Dibber

Thanks for letting us know - If I ever get my contract I will definitely try and get one of these, so I may come back to you for some advice at a later point.
Old 1 Aug 18, 06:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Yaaah! TiW card has been shipped. Should be here for the 30th!

Shame we can't do anything with it for 9 months
Sorry but am I missing something here. Why would you want to order a TIW Card this early and lose months of validity?

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 18, 07:12 AM  
Link to this Post
eaglesrest
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Sorry but am I missing something here. Why would you want to order a TIW Card this early and lose months of validity?
Because we are only doing 1 trip in the next 2 years so its irrelevant as to when we get it, just that we do get it.

It seems to be hit and miss whether or not an agent will sell TiW to resale, so I wasn't going to risk calling back and being told no at a later date for no additional benefit.

Only 1 trip but its a big trip with 7 people, 4 drinking alcohol so Ive guesstimated it will pay for itself 8+ times over.

If we visit back to back years in August then we'll get the AP and TiW at just the right time, but the next trip is Aulani

Edited at 07:14 AM.
Old 1 Aug 18, 07:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Because we are only doing 1 trip in the next 2 years so its irrelevant as to when we get it, just that we do get it.

It seems to be hit and miss whether or not an agent will sell TiW to resale, so I wasn't going to risk calling back and being told no at a later date for no additional benefit.

Only 1 trip but its a big trip with 7 people, 4 drinking alcohol so Ive guesstimated it will pay for itself 8+ times over.

If we visit back to back years in August then we'll get the AP and TiW at just the right time, but the next trip is Aulani
Ahh, now I get it. Can I assure you it is money well spent. We cane it.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List