Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 25 Nov 18, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Another fab day. Food on the ferry and very reasonably priced I'd say. I thought NYC would be so much more expensive food wise, you've done well. Shame about the drink at the theatre though

I remember when we went to the theatre in London and it cost almost £30 for 2 drinks hubby nearly cried

Another fab day xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 18, 11:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie Mum
Imagineer

Mobile

Sounds a cold but great day. I fancy seeing King kong! Definitely wouldnt be buying a drink!😊
Minnie Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 18, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
Another fab day. Food on the ferry and very reasonably priced I'd say. I thought NYC would be so much more expensive food wise, you've done well. Shame about the drink at the theatre though

I remember when we went to the theatre in London and it cost almost £30 for 2 drinks hubby nearly cried

Another fab day xx
Originally Posted by Minnie Mum View Post
Sounds a cold but great day. I fancy seeing King kong! Definitely wouldnt be buying a drink!😊
Ha I think NYC food prices can be really expensive! But we were very much eating in convenient places and wanting to keep costs down abit!

This was probably our coldest day!

Ha the theatre drink was so funny, both our faces must've been a picture

I will do a proper non food report for NYC at least in case you are interested!
debojahh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 18, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Great start, I Ruby Tuesdays but there don’t seem to be as many round anymore. They have similar garlic cheddar biscuits to red lobster and their bbq’y type burger whatever it’s called is my favourite burger anywhere

Thanks for sharing, keep it coming
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 18, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by theCMG View Post
Great start, I Ruby Tuesdays but there don’t seem to be as many round anymore. They have similar garlic cheddar biscuits to red lobster and their bbq’y type burger whatever it’s called is my favourite burger anywhere

Thanks for sharing, keep it coming
I was a bit upset as we didn't get any cheddar biscuits

But yeah, definitely not as many as there were. The burger sounds great!

Update incoming...
debojahh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 18, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

Hi

Day 2-Friday October 19th

Woke up at 6:30 and had a shower etc. We ended up heading out at 7:30 and went to decide on a breakfast place.

Starbucks

This was the Starbucks near 'Frozen', it was relatively busy and we both panic bought in here
We got 2 mochas, I chose the chicken and bacon panini and Arron the egg white bites.

This was $24 altogether, which was quite expensive considering we sat and had a proper meal at Applebees for not much more.

The panini wasn't very breakfasty as it tasted like it had stuffing in it, but it was fine.

Arron's egg bites were quite small, he said they were nice as they had peppers in them too. But he was still a bit hungry!

Before we left we grabbed a banana for Arron too.

We left here just before 8:30 and wandered a bit. We were at Empire State Building at 9am, then from there we went to Macys followed by Uniqlo and Zumiez.

We ended up at Grand Central accidentally! We walked around the food court but were saving ourselves for lunch elsewhere.

Doughnut Plant

I plumped for the Valrhona doughnut which was $4.

We perched in the seating area to eat it and wow! The doughnut was so light and fluffy even though it was massive. I was very impressed!

Our plan was to walk to Chelsea market so we went there now, via Madison Square Park. We got to Chelsea at 1:25 and man oh man it was busy!

Dicksons in Chelsea Market

We went downstairs to the toilets and back up to Dicksons. It was very hectic with a constant queue!

You place your order then wait down the other end of the counter until it is ready. Arron ordered a Reuben and I ordered a Big Fred with onions. This was $20.50, I would say it took about 20 minutes for the food to be ready.

Once we had our food we went to near the craft beer stall as there were spaces to stand. Arron then got a beer from the said stand for $6.

The food was really good. Arron's sandwich was huge and full of meat. It stopped him needing any more Ruebens as it was so yummy.
My hotdog was tasty, really meaty and the skin had a good crunch. But I did feel a bit iffy later, maybe through the sheer amount of red meat

We joined the Highline after 2pm sometime and headed back up towards Times Square.

We walked to the hotel and back out to grab cinema tickets at 4:45. From there we decided to grab a drink.

Bubba Gump

We went up to Bubba Gump and asked to sit at the bar, it was busy but we had managed to get 2 seats. Hurrah!

I had the Rum Forrest Rum, Arron had the Coronarita and a Bud Light. We always enjoy drinks in Bubba Gump so we had a nice time and the drinks were good!

The bartender did the quiz...with the whole bar area! So me and Arron both got a question right and each got the above drinks ^ One was margarita style and the other was quite sweet.

We left $45 with tip and headed to the cinema to see Halloween.

We were out at 8:20.

Carlo's Bakeshop

We got in here and were given a menu to peruse. Then you place the order in one place and wait in another place to pick it up.

It all seemed a bit silly!

We just split the chocolate cookie for $3.87. The cookie was nice and chocolately. Much thinner than my one the previous day.
Old 2 Dec 18, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Another fab day. Those sandwiches look so yummy!

The cocktails at Bubba Gumps also look fab. I loved the ones in London but none took my fancy on the menu in Orlando which I was very disappointed about.

That cookie looks so nice! I could eat that right now. I've heard mixed reviews about Carlos bakery so glad you went 😊 xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 18, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
Another fab day. Those sandwiches look so yummy!

The cocktails at Bubba Gumps also look fab. I loved the ones in London but none took my fancy on the menu in Orlando which I was very disappointed about.

That cookie looks so nice! I could eat that right now. I've heard mixed reviews about Carlos bakery so glad you went 😊 xx
I really enjoyed all our NYC food looking back at it!

Yeah Bubba Gump have removed loads of their cocktail menu which annoyed me a bit as the selection has less fruity options.

The cookie was good but you need to see the ones on the next day

Thanks for reading as always Kelly!
Old 2 Dec 18, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by debojahh View Post
I really enjoyed all our NYC food looking back at it!

Yeah Bubba Gump have removed loads of their cocktail menu which annoyed me a bit as the selection has less fruity options.

The cookie was good but you need to see the ones on the next day

Thanks for reading as always Kelly!
I said to hubby they hardly had any fruity options, that's what I normally go for as I'm not a huge spirit drinker, I find they mask it more.

Ohh you can't tease me like that, I'm looking forward to it! X
Old 3 Dec 18, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I’m seriously thinking about adding a few days on in NYC before or after Disney if we go back after our October trip?

I went with my girlfriends to celebrate our 40ths in 2016 which we really enjoyed and I would really like to go back with my family sometime, as I think tagging it onto a Florida trip would be a good way of doing it.

Enjoying following along.

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List