Link to this Post
summersun
Imagineer

summersun's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
great day x
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...=gonna+get+wed
our dreams can come true pre trip report nov 14 cbbr nov 14
summersun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 18, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

What an amazing first day - you got so much done! That plan was worth locking in cement

The pictures of piglet and pooh with Kate are so adorable, definitely worth the hard work of making the ears.

I’d never heard of the voicemails before, love it! Did you get them every day? Hope they’re still doing that next year!
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 18, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
ShezMcQ
Excited about Disney

ShezMcQ's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 6
What a busy first day! I really salute your stamina

Loving the ears and the character interaction. Also love the number of rides you managed in the morning. I'm hoping for similar queue times after our BOG breakfast our first day as I reckon we'll flag just after lunch.

Blaze looks awesome as well... cant wait to try it!
Polynesian Resort/HRH/The Grove - Nov18
RPR/Floridays/Hollywood Beach - Oct19
ShezMcQ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 18, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Cazzius
Apprentice Imagineer

Shame about missing the opening show, but you got so much done during the morning. I think Chris would kill me if I even suggested a 5:30am wake up on holiday, so you did really well. I may have to tell him how many rides you managed with no wait.

I haven't seen anyone with a photo from Pirates where they don't look bored or like they are in a fight. I think the camera is in the very last scene that you pass, so you're just looking at Jack with all the treasure, and looking around the cave. At DLP the camera was on the drop, so the picture was a bit more exciting!

The cinnamon bun looks delicious. Bet Max was glad he didn't like cinnamon when he got that huge chocolatey croissant to himself.

We had breakfast in Crystal Palace, but your lunch looks really good. May have to try lunch next time.

The character's reactions to Kate's ears are adorable. So worth all the time and effort making them for that.

Your day was packed but you don't seem to be rushing t any point, which seems really nice. Pool time and Blaze Pizza sound like a perfect way to end the day. Must try the seating area at the back of the Hangar Bar... and those cocktails!

Shame about the baby on the bus. Maybe the man was trying to waft the stink away from himself? Not pleasant on a hot bus!

Thanks for sharing so much detail, I am really enjoying reading!

First Time Floribobs (The Irma Remix) - WDW trip report *Complete*
While The Cat's Away, The Caz Will Play With The Mouse - Solo DLP Trip Report
Cazzius is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 18, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

What a busy first day! I wish I had your stamina. Can I ask how Mickey knew you seen the Philarmagic show? I think the kid's would love that xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 18, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A great but busy day with some nice food

Joan
Old 11 Oct 18, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
What a busy first day, great fun though. 30,000 steps helps burn the calories too (that’s my excuse for eating more anyway 😀 )
Yes I like to use the steps excuse for eating more too! It's not long for you now...single figures! Woop, woop have a brilliant holiday.

Originally Posted by Cinderella View Post
Great day 👍
Thank you I loved it!

Originally Posted by Pussycat Doll View Post
Great day and great looking food!
We did really well with food, we do love Crystal Palace not just for the characters.

Originally Posted by Hel22 View Post
Really enjoying reading your report, looking forward to next instalment 😀 You certainly packed a lot in on your first day Fab!
The first few days always start off really hectic as we're so excited to be there! On day 2 we have an hour at HS then the rest of the morning at Epcot followed by Disney Springs in the evening. I was going to say it was a slower day but I think that would be a lie!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 18, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by i love jack View Post
Great first day, food looks lovely and well timed at lunch to miss the rain!
It did work out really well at lunch avoiding the rain. Actually it felt like we had really good weather this year throughout the whole trip, compared to last year where we seemed to have quite a lot of overcast days and also some where the rain seemed to last forever. This year we kept saying to each other there had hardly been any rain. Although we did get rain at Typhoon Lagoon, that is a tradition that we would miss if it didn't keep repeating

Originally Posted by Palm trees View Post
What a fantastic day, you got so many rides covered really early on!
We like to get to the rides early to avoid the waits, then we can shop and look around Main Street when it's busier and also when we're more in need of the air con!

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
Your itinerary did make me laugh. We met a woman in Be Our Guest when they had the IT issues who was panicking a she had a very specific plan and this delay was messing with it! I’d have thought she was a Dibber but she was American.
I loved those little cards! Don't worry I've got one for every day. We didn't see any of the characters on there though or the Friendship Faire show. I love the preparation for the holiday almost as much as the real thing, plus I like to make a plan so that I can fit in all our must do's. We do go off piste sometimes... Well, not at the beginning of the holiday but at the end when we've been to all the parks I'm happier to throw the plans out the window.

Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
You were flying through the rides this morning... 6 before breakfast was it? What a great day.

Kate looks so happy meeting the characters at Crystal Palace. Love both of your ears too.

Busy day, no wonder you were shattered by the end of it.
She does look like she's enjoying meeting the characters doesn't she? I love looking at those photos over again, which is why I put so many in...I'm massively self indulgent! It's so nice to look back on them all. I love Max's face on the bus ride first thing when he's trying to pretend he's not excited and he's acting grumpy.

I remember sitting on the verandah at the hangar bar and we were all so tired but happy to be there and just looking out at the water and seeing all the lights twinkling. It was a lovely evening. We hadn't planned on going to Disney springs on day 1 as I sort of thought we'd want an early night, but I'm glad we went there as it meant we stayed up a little later and in the end we went to bed at a normal time. I think it helped with the jet lag.

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 18, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by yellowrose78 View Post
Fab first day, you did loads, love Crystal Palace, looked like you had a great time in there
It was jam packed! I think Crystal Palace is well and truly at the top of our list for must do restaurants. The food at dinner and lunch has been brilliant and as Piglet is Kate's favourite character there's not really any doubt about us going there.

Originally Posted by summersun View Post
great day x
Thank you, I'm glad you're enjoying it.

Originally Posted by MrsSilverStar View Post
What an amazing first day - you got so much done! That plan was worth locking in cement

The pictures of piglet and pooh with Kate are so adorable, definitely worth the hard work of making the ears.

I’d never heard of the voicemails before, love it! Did you get them every day? Hope they’re still doing that next year!
It was a great plan wasn't it? In the prep stages I decided I wanted to have at least 3 mornings at MK so we could block out Adventureland and Frontierland for one morning, Tomorroland for another and then Fantasyland for the third. It worked really well, as the FP were then booked for rides outside of those areas a couple hours after the park had opened. I honestly don't think we waited much more than 20 minutes for any ride all trip...early mornings are the way to go! Actually, maybe I'm exaggerating as I think we may have waited for 30 minutes during the 4 parks 1 day.

I'm guessing the magic bands tech lets Mickey know you visited Philharmagic. We didn't get the voicemails every day but they are cute. You should definitely use the wake up alarm call on the phone in your room to wake up Heath. I always set my fitbit alarm for me and the phone alarm was for the kids. It's fun to hear Mr Incredible telling you to hurry up and get on with the day.

Originally Posted by ShezMcQ View Post
What a busy first day! I really salute your stamina

Loving the ears and the character interaction. Also love the number of rides you managed in the morning. I'm hoping for similar queue times after our BOG breakfast our first day as I reckon we'll flag just after lunch.

Blaze looks awesome as well... cant wait to try it!
It's easy to keep going at the start of the trip, you'll see the step count dwindle as the trip goes on.

It's much cooler in the morning so well worth getting up and out early to avoid the queues, the parks are nicer when it's quiet. I hope you get to enjoy a quiet park after your BOG breakfast.

Blaze was fab, we wanted to go back but we never made it in the end as there's just so many great places to eat.

Old 11 Oct 18, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by Cazzius View Post
Shame about missing the opening show, but you got so much done during the morning. I think Chris would kill me if I even suggested a 5:30am wake up on holiday, so you did really well. I may have to tell him how many rides you managed with no wait.

I haven't seen anyone with a photo from Pirates where they don't look bored or like they are in a fight. I think the camera is in the very last scene that you pass, so you're just looking at Jack with all the treasure, and looking around the cave. At DLP the camera was on the drop, so the picture was a bit more exciting!

The cinnamon bun looks delicious. Bet Max was glad he didn't like cinnamon when he got that huge chocolatey croissant to himself.

We had breakfast in Crystal Palace, but your lunch looks really good. May have to try lunch next time.

The character's reactions to Kate's ears are adorable. So worth all the time and effort making them for that.

Your day was packed but you don't seem to be rushing t any point, which seems really nice. Pool time and Blaze Pizza sound like a perfect way to end the day. Must try the seating area at the back of the Hangar Bar... and those cocktails!

Shame about the baby on the bus. Maybe the man was trying to waft the stink away from himself? Not pleasant on a hot bus!

Thanks for sharing so much detail, I am really enjoying reading!
We're good at getting up early, but we've never made fireworks on the first day and we've also never been the last to leave the park mornings are our good times! Seriously the kids don't moan at all I guess they realise there is no point and both me and Dave are usually up early, albeit not 5.30 early, but we don't normally lay in bed on weekends and are both up by around 7am anyway so it's not a chore.

I think we figured out where the camera was on Pirates eventually. We did ride it a few times it's one that we all enjoy A LOT!

We've actually not done breakfast at Crystal palace, which I know is probably breaking some dibb rule as it's really popular. We're just not big breakfast eaters. Plus we like to have a proper dinner. I thought that the lunch would be a good choice for day 1 as we'd be tired and it really was. I think I could have gone for a 12 or 12.30 lunch slot as we were flagging by then.

I bet if you asked Dave he'd say it was like following a sergeant major and being on patrol all day. Maybe the way I've written it sounds like it was all laid back and we moseyed on over to places! It was more like a frog march across the park from ride to ride. Ok not quite that bad, but nearly! I tried to remind myself to slow down and take my time. We did have fun watching the candy apples get made in the confectionery shop, which is not normally something we'd stop and just watch. So, maybe I'm being too harsh likening myslef to a drill sargeant.

That was a great bar, again it was some where we wanted to return to and we'd have loved to get another round of drinks but the kids were flagging, heck I was flagging, but I also didn't want that first day to be over so I was trying to stretch it out.

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
What a busy first day! I wish I had your stamina. Can I ask how Mickey knew you seen the Philarmagic show? I think the kid's would love that xx
It was such a fab day.

I think Mickey is very clever and he hides some some pixie dust inside the magic bands so he can figure out where you've been and what you've got up to or something like that! It's not big brother-ish at all!

All those little things are what makes the holiday so special. It's coming up fast for you now. Not long to wait.

Originally Posted by mick View Post
A great but busy day with some nice food

Joan
It really was, fab day, fab food. We had 15 more fab days like that too!