Earning My Ears

Mobile

-1115 for the Satuli bowl 🤢🤢
Old 15 Oct 18, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Sorry to hear about dh ending up in hospital x
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 18, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

Great reviews 👍
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 18, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie Mum
Imagineer

Mobile

Gosh, that must of been scary for you all. Enjoying reading along😊
Minnie Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 18, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
thefergies
Apprentice Imagineer

Great post. Never done on-site dining but still good to see what the options are. Glad husband on the mend. Fascinated by your steps and mileage count - I am not long back from week in Paris with my daughter and she has app on her phone and informed me at
airport on way home that we had walked 142km over the week. Helped offset the daily croissants and pastries!
thefergies is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 18, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
rosiebun3
Apprentice Imagineer

rosiebun3's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Tuesday 18th September

Today was an early start as we had a 8.55 ADR for the Bon Voyage breakfast at Trattoria Al Forno. Having done some forward planning we had found that getting the bus to HS and then walking to the Boardwalk was the easiest journey. I know we could have taken an Uber but it wasn’t necessary and we had lots of time.
We were all looking forward to this and DD in particular as Rapunzel is her favourite princess. We were offered drinks to start. We all had orange juice and DH and I ordered Tea. DD had the specialty iced coffee which she said was good 8/10

We were provided with a Gluten free version of the menu for DD and she chose the golden frittata and she had her own individual plate of GF pastries

She did not eat all of this
Unfortunately, we did not take a photo of the GF pastries although you can just see them on my photo of the frying pan with normal pastries.

The GF ones included 2 small muffins, one of which was bran and horrible and a shortbread which was so soft you could bend it! None of it was nice 2/10
Our pastries were Ok the clam shell being the stand out. I do not like pain au chocolat so that was left. 7/10
DH and I ordered the Royale breakfast but asked for this with poached eggs not the cheesy torte, it also came with fried potato and crispy onions. The steak was really lovely 9/10

The food arrived very quickly after the pastries and we never saw the fruit cup which was mentioned on the menu.
It was very hot in the restaurant and shortly after the first characters arrived DH started to feel unwell. He left to sit in the cool but this rather curtailed the breakfast. Having got quick photos with the characters we left. This was an OOP ADR and we did leave a 20% tip, which now I think about it was generous; as we didn’t receive the fruit or the printed autographs. To complete this Rapunzel didn’t make an appearance and was replaced by Eleanor of Avalor. Flynn however was better than all the other characters put together. The point of the ADR was for DD to see her favourite characters so that was a pity.
At the time I was too concerned that DH was ill again so was happy to get out of the restaurant.
We decided to walk through Epcot to get the bus, dropping into the air con where possible. At this point DD thought she had dropped her purse in the Toilet at Trattoria as she changed after the breakfast. She ran back to find this (she hadn’t dropped it but had forgotten to pack it in our morning rush!)
I went with DH to the Epcot entrance and sent him off to the bus whilst I waited for DD. As she hadn’t found it we also went on to the bus stop to go back to the room. DH was still waiting on the bus as the first bus from Epcot to CBR doesn’t go until 11.00! Luckily, he was now feeling better.
Having returned to CBR we turned around. now with DD ‘s purse, and returned to Epcot as this had been our plan. DH chose to stay in the room.
We did a tour of the showcase and ended back at Artisan d’Glace for another ice cream 8/10 and DD had a Kakigori 9/10; which she loves. 2 snacks

We then walked around to the Board walk to head to DS, our mission to spend some of our excess credits. It was about 14.30 at this point.
Arriving at Ghirardelli’s it became apparent that they had very limited stock. I talked to one of the assistants who told us that they had stock issues due to a warehouse move in San Francisco. Just my luck!
We got a bag of squares. milk and caramel being the only choice and 4 bars of chocolate. They only had the dark 70% one. This was 2 QS credits
We then headed to Goofys hoping for more success. 6 bags of sweets, 2 lollipops, 3 peanut mickey heads and 3 boxes of shortbread purchased for 4 QS and 2 snack credits. On the way back to the bus DD went back into Ghiradelli and got some more squares and 2 heart shaped boxes of chocolates. 2 more QS credits. I popped into the ice cream parlour and had 1 cup of the butter pecan 1 snack credit, 9/10

She then managed to leave these on the counter in the Disney Store and we did not realize until we returned to CBR. She returned and was reunited with them. She then decided to get herself a Blaze Pizza.9/10

We all went swimming and DH and I returned to the CBR tent to eat; similar to before as I only really liked the shrimp curry and caribbean rice, but I tried some different desserts which were all too sweet. 3/10 for the dessert. I hope you like my hidden mickey.

And DH had some vegetable soup 5/10

Watched some of the fireworks around the lake and returned to the room for hot chocolate and to review how we could pack our cases

Stats for 18th
28937 steps 10.6 miles 4 floors
95 degrees F
9 QS credits and 5 snack credits

Total remaining

26 QS and 57 snacks

Edited at 07:11 AM.
rosiebun3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 18, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
rosiebun3
Apprentice Imagineer

rosiebun3's Reviews
Wednesday 19th September

Today was our last full day. We were due to start at HS but felt we had done everything we wanted there and chose to head to MK instead.
First stop to pick up some Starbucks, the usual iced caramel latte for DD, vanilla bean frappuccino for me and a strawberry acai for DH all venti size 1 QS credit

We had a walk around the shops and managed a few rides before DH decided to head back to the resort.
DD collected a few pressed pennies and we were at the top of Main street around 11.30. DD went to Caseys for chilli cheese chips 9/10 and I picked up my favourite butter pecan from Plaza 9/10. We also had some iced water. 2 snacks

We then went to do a meet and greet with peter Pan before returning to CBR.
DH and I had a short rest and then caught the bus to DS, another trip to try and use some credits.
Ghiradellis had received some new stock but were still pretty low. We got 4 more heart shaped boxes of chocolate, 4 more bars of chocolate, they now had milk and cashew too. We also got 2 more bags of squares. This was 4 more QS credits
DH and I then headed over to Blaze and shared a pizza and a side salad; arugula, strawberries and balsamic vinegar, just as great as always and we also had the blood orange lemonade which I really liked. 9/10, 1 QS 1 snack

I then popped back to Ghirardelli’s for a butter pecan ice cream 9/10 1 snack

We headed back to the resort before the chocolate melted.

After another dip in the pool we were back on the bus to MK for our last night.
We had fast passes booked and after this went to Columbia harbour house as DD was hungry.
We had 2 portions of clam chowder 8/10 and a portion of chips and DD had the gluten free chicken tenders and chips again! 9/10. All lovely but the food gets cold very quickly in the air conditioning. 3 snacks and 1 QS

We decided that no one wanted to see the HEA fireworks again. I went to Plaza and got a final ice cream, butter pecan always 9/10.
We popped into the main street and DD bought 3 peanut butter mickey heads to take home and a chocolate strawberry which she ate back at CBR 8/10, 4 snacks.

I got 3 more boxes of shortbread, 6 mickey coin heads and 3 tins of mints (it wasn’t until I got home that I realised 2 were winter mint) yuk , 4 QS
We returned to try and fit all the new purchases in our luggage

Stats for 19th September
16661 steps 7.8 miles 4 floors
96 degrees F
11 QS 12 snacks

Total remaining
15 QS and 45 snacks

Edited at 07:41 AM.
rosiebun3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 18, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
rosiebun3
Apprentice Imagineer

rosiebun3's Reviews
Thursday 20th September - Home time

Thursday 20th September
So today was our last day. Dues to our early flights the ME was picking us up at 10.30
There was enough time to head to the food tent to use 3 QS credits on breakfast.
I really think the breakfast buffet at CBR was a great use of credits and just as good as other TS versions onsite.
We decided to start with cereals and fruit.

Today DD asked them to make gluten free mickey waffles for her. They were over cooked on the outside and uncooked inside and were inedible. 0/10.

To be honest the chef was more interested in serenading the people who were celebrating birthdays and anniversaries.
This was such a pity as we have had great gluten free waffles and beignets when we have stayed at POFQ
We then had cooked food and refilled our mugs to take back to the room.

We had loads of credits left but everyone eating breakfast appeared to have the dining plan. I was hoping to offer to buy a few extra meals.
We stopped at the island market and picked up a banana and some Lays crisps to snack on at the airport
I have added a photo of a banana that DH got as a snack credit at MK but I'm not sure of which day so have included it here. Don’t get too excited

Also a photo of DD’s haul from MNSSHP, she chose not to take the gluten free sweets. She sorted these into ones she could eat and the rest she gave to her friends. She still has some left in her room and we have been back for 38 days

Stats for 20th September

13022 steps 5.7 miles and 3 floors
95 degrees F
3 QS credits and 3 snacks

Total remaining
12 QS and 42 snacks
Old 27 Oct 18, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
rosiebun3
Apprentice Imagineer

rosiebun3's Reviews
Final thoughts

So I have just reviewed how we used our credits
As you can see we were left with 12 QS and 42 snacks

Within the credits we used;
4 QS exchanged for 3 starbucks drinks
14 QS and 6 snacks on Ghiradellis, biscuits and sweets

So there were really 26 QS and 48 snacks if you add the sweets to what we had left. We did have 2 OOP meals so that would have been 6 more QS to take off
This would still have left 20 outstanding. Hope you have kept up with my maths!

It has been great giving the sweets away since we have been home

We were able to exchange QS for 3 snacks everywhere and also to exchange drinks for desserts when we visited resort QS areas.

At no time did we feel hungry and at times we had food when we probably didn't want it.
I am sure the higher than average temperatures for September did not help; as it made us less hungry.

We have booked for next November staying at AS sports with a free QS credit per night and we are sure we will only have to take money for my ice creams and for food and wine festival. We will probably take cereal and tea and purchase fruit and milk as we have done on our last 2 trips.

I hope this has helped to show that the QSDP is definitely more than enough food

Edited at 07:42 PM.
Old 27 Oct 18, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Dutchdisneyfan
Apprentice Imagineer

thank you for sharing!
Dutchdisneyfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List