Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 1 Nov 18, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

Sounds like a fab day Abby, really enjoying your report .

Love the photos from previous trips, it really makes you realise how much the kids have grown. Seren and Freya are similar ages to Max and Kate so I can definitely relate!

We also lost a Test Track PhotoPass photo on our trip this year...we all even scanned it after the ride and it still didn’t show up. I think we got some random people’s instead. It was annoying as we’d had the car to ourselves and it was a really good photo .

Great character meets today too.

Glad you enjoyed Raglan Road, I’ve said it before but it’s one of our favourite restaurants in all of WDW and we never miss it.

Looking forward to reading the rest .
moosha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 18, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by moosha View Post
Sounds like a fab day Abby, really enjoying your report .

Love the photos from previous trips, it really makes you realise how much the kids have grown. Seren and Freya are similar ages to Max and Kate so I can definitely relate!

We also lost a Test Track PhotoPass photo on our trip this year...we all even scanned it after the ride and it still didn’t show up. I think we got some random people’s instead. It was annoying as we’d had the car to ourselves and it was a really good photo .

Great character meets today too.

Glad you enjoyed Raglan Road, I’ve said it before but it’s one of our favourite restaurants in all of WDW and we never miss it.

Looking forward to reading the rest .
I'm glad you're enjoying it, I love writing it. It feels like high praise so thank you.

It's odd looking back at the old photos, Max looks very baby faced in some of them and then in others he doesn't look any different. I love that it's becoming the story of their lives. We have a digital photo frame in our lounge and it has lots of the holiday photos, plus others from when they are tiny. I'm looking forward to putting into the report some direct comparison photos, I've got some great shots of them meeting stitch at Typhoon Lagoon and here they still do the meet in front of 2 sure boards you can really see the height difference. Anyway, that won't happen for a long time yet as I don't think we met Stitch until day 12!

The Spaceship earth photos were all a bit rubbish this year too...we like this ride as the kids like making their story up at the end, but without our faces superimposed it's not the same. I would have been sat to lose a TT photo with just you in too...We always have the 3rd person sitting there next to us.

We really did enjoy Raglan Road, this was the 2nd night in a row we'd been to Disney Springs too, which is almost unheard of for us as we're not massive shoppers we tend to visit it far more rarely than others do, but we had some fab food there this trip so we shall have to make more of an effort. I think having the boat really helped as it felt a far more relaxed way of travelling after the hecticness of parks and buses.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 18, 02:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Mad Hatters
slightly serious Dibber

Another brilliant day.

Getting on those rides early on at HS was brilliant, the parks are great when they are so quiet aren't they? Shame Rock n rollercoaster was down.

Good old Beverly, loved tricking my parents with that one haha.

Food and definitely the drinks looked bang on at Raglan road. Rosemary maple whisky sour would be something i would have too

Edited at 02:07 AM.
Mad Hatters is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 18, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by Mad Hatters View Post
Another brilliant day.

Getting on those rides early on at HS was brilliant, the parks are great when they are so quiet aren't they? Shame Rock n rollercoaster was down.

Good old Beverly, loved tricking my parents with that one haha.

Food and definitely the drinks looked bang on at Raglan road. Rosemary maple whisky sour would be something i would have too
It's so much nicer being in the parks when it's quiet. It does make the early start and not allowing the kids to eat breakfast worth it!

We are going again next summer, but we have my parents in tow. We had already booked up before the holiday this summer and tricking them with the Beverly is something Max and Kate talked about a lot! This will be there first trip (I hope they like wdw).

Raglan Road is a restaurant I've booked many times in the past, but I've always cancelled the adr. I'm glad I didn't this time as it was good food and the show was fun too.

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 18, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Me. I miss the hat. We had some great pics in front of it !
I am wincing at the early starts. No way could I marshall my lot now for early starts but it sure pays off nailing those rides in EMH.
Ah Max, his photos are priceless.
Some lovely pics from the morning. I can’t believe it was only just gone 1 when you went back. I was knackered just reading along ! Glad the rest, pool and cocktails suitably revived everyone.
I can’t get on with Raglan Road , I try but it always looks so much better in everyone else’s trippies . Your food looked good.
Is it only a couple of days in? You are nailing these parks !
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 18, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
Me. I miss the hat. We had some great pics in front of it !
I am wincing at the early starts. No way could I marshall my lot now for early starts but it sure pays off nailing those rides in EMH.
Ah Max, his photos are priceless.
Some lovely pics from the morning. I can’t believe it was only just gone 1 when you went back. I was knackered just reading along ! Glad the rest, pool and cocktails suitably revived everyone.
I can’t get on with Raglan Road , I try but it always looks so much better in everyone else’s trippies . Your food looked good.
Is it only a couple of days in? You are nailing these parks !
I think sorcerer Mickey is too cute for words and the hat is part of that image for me so now that there's no hat is such a shame. I love the tower of terror ride but it's not Disney in the same way that the hat was. Still it's gone and I'm just going to have to accept it. Perhaps the Chinese Theatre is a good reminder that he park is named after tinseltown and maybe this is what they were thinking?

I find reminding the children that they can't eat until we've got out usually puts a rocket up their backsides! Plus I had reminded them that they were not going to get to HS for a while, I think day 6? As they both love terrorising me and Dave they were very keen to head straight for Tower of Terror and Rocknroller! They didn't mind that it was a flying visit as we'd done the most important stuff as far as they were concerned. Max is still an early riser, he never really slept beyond 6am as a baby or small child and even now he's up most weekends by 7.30...I say 'up' I mean still in PJs and playing fortnite. It's funny how he doesn't get hungry at all playing that and can go for a good few hours not even thinking about food. I wonder if he will ever develop that teenage talent for laying in until the afternoon, but at the moment it's showing no signs of appearing.

Anyway, I digress! We had a very busy morning and then it all slows down in the afternoon. Some good cocktails were drunk both at the pool and at Raglan Road. It was a fine restaurant but think this is definitely one that is once and done for us. It's not that there was anything wrong with it, just I'm in no hurry to return.

Old 13 Nov 18, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

That photo on RnR Dave's face has me laughing so much.

2 EMH in one day, your definitely a pro at this! You need to pass these tips on.

So what exactly is open for EMH at Epcot? I can understand the man's frustration to be honest, I wouldn't have been happy either.

My kid's loved the fountains too. I think it really takes away from the Disney buzz and just makes it feel a little more relaxed. Also love figment, so cute!

Max's face when he tried Beverley I only managed to get Caitlin to try it but she didn't like it either. She said it tasted like alcohol ... although how she knows what alcohol tastes like I don't know! I didn't even attempt to try it.

Love all the cocktails and the food at Raglan looks lovely. Another fab day, looking forward to the rest xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 18, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Another great day. You were very lucky with wait times, especially for ToT and the swirling saucers. I agree swirling saucers are a fun ride but not worth a long wait for.

We love Figment too, the song sticks in our head all day afterwards. We love the interactive area too, always make our own Figment and get it emailed to ourselves 😀
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 18, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
That photo on RnR Dave's face has me laughing so much.

2 EMH in one day, your definitely a pro at this! You need to pass these tips on.

So what exactly is open for EMH at Epcot? I can understand the man's frustration to be honest, I wouldn't have been happy either.

My kid's loved the fountains too. I think it really takes away from the Disney buzz and just makes it feel a little more relaxed. Also love figment, so cute!

Max's face when he tried Beverley I only managed to get Caitlin to try it but she didn't like it either. She said it tasted like alcohol ... although how she knows what alcohol tastes like I don't know! I didn't even attempt to try it.

Love all the cocktails and the food at Raglan looks lovely. Another fab day, looking forward to the rest xx
The 2 EMH was just luck with the opening of Toystoryland as they did 7am EMH every day during our trip. I'm not sure I'd recommend the 2 in 1 day for any parks, although I guess it worked out ok for us as we could walk from HS to Epcot. Believe it or not we'd never done any EMH before this trip...then this year I went EMH crazy. I guess before I figured the kids were just too little to be up late and then up early again so we had to let them sleep at least until around 8am in the past. This time I decided that at 11 Kate would probably be alright with the early starts and late nights combo. But even so these first few days I didn't plan any fireworks and no parks in the evening as I didn't want to overload us.

The Beverly is funny ... later in the trip on our 4 parks 1 day they tricked me, obviously l knew what they were doing, but I played along. They did get a really good photo of me drinking it though so that will be funny to put in the report. Funny how Caitlin thinks it tastes like alcohol!

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
Another great day. You were very lucky with wait times, especially for ToT and the swirling saucers. I agree swirling saucers are a fun ride but not worth a long wait for.

We love Figment too, the song sticks in our head all day afterwards. We love the interactive area too, always make our own Figment and get it emailed to ourselves 😀
Yes it was quick pit stop at HS but really good fun. I was in the mood for those rides and we were lucky RnR was back up and running before we left.

I'm glad I'm not the only figment fan. It was Kate's favourite ride on our first trip, although I think mostly because of the play area at the end. We always email ourselves a figment too.

Old 14 Nov 18, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
The 2 EMH was just luck with the opening of Toystoryland as they did 7am EMH every day during our trip. I'm not sure I'd recommend the 2 in 1 day for any parks, although I guess it worked out ok for us as we could walk from HS to Epcot. Believe it or not we'd never done any EMH before this trip...then this year I went EMH crazy. I guess before I figured the kids were just too little to be up late and then up early again so we had to let them sleep at least until around 8am in the past. This time I decided that at 11 Kate would probably be alright with the early starts and late nights combo. But even so these first few days I didn't plan any fireworks and no parks in the evening as I didn't want to overload us.

The Beverly is funny ... later in the trip on our 4 parks 1 day they tricked me, obviously l knew what they were doing, but I played along. They did get a really good photo of me drinking it though so that will be funny to put in the report. Funny how Caitlin thinks it tastes like alcohol!
Oh yeah I forgot that's when you were there, we didn't manage any EMH and tbh I think it worked best for us. I struggled to get them out of bed for an 8am breakfast ADR It must be so much easier when they're older.

Your such a good sport, I still need to try and trick Chris into trying it, I'm still not going to I can't wait to see the photo xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List