Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
I love Kate's Belle bow, so pretty.

This year was the first time I've ridden Space Mountain in a good few years and I felt cheated not to get the conveyor belt ride at the end haha, Nik had no idea what I was talking about.

I'm not a big fan of Be Our Guest breakfast, I kind of feel like you have to go as it's such good value of a QS credit, if that makes sense. We'll probably do it next year with an 8am ADR, although I'd say we probably enjoy the Starbucks breakfast sandwiches more.

I am so impressed with how easily Kate chatted away to Gaston, at her age I'd have been so intimidated by him.

I really like Swiss Family Robinson too, I've never come across anyone else who likes it. I've never actually seen the movie, but I had a Ladybird book of the story when I was little and I used to act it out with my Sylvanian Families haha.

We have only ever had a fleeting visit to Tom Sawyer's Island, I had planned it in for this year but stupidely, as it's an 'anytime' attraction scheduled it for the afternoon when it was far to hot, so we never made it.

I am evil laughing at you being chosen at Laugh Floor, we are so naive both thinking we'd beat the system. When Nik was picked on I had exactly the same experience as you, it was the lights I noticed before anything else. We didn't do it this year as Nik was wearing an Incredibles t-shirt the night I suggested it and he was convinced he'd be picked again haha.

I think I have Kate's top she wore to dinner, I always knew she had great style
I'm glad I'm not the only one who missed the conveyor belt for Space Mountain. I guess this is because of the construction for Tron? I'm really hoping that Speedway isn't closed next summer as that is pretty much Max's favourite ride in MK so if they shut it down to make way for Tron then he will not be happy.

I think I will just do a lunch ADR for BOG next summer. I'm not so keen on the breakfast, although you get the bonus of the 'free' pastries. I did have a lunch ADR but I cancelled it as I couldn't be bothered to go back there. Anyway, next year I doubt we will fit in dinner as it's 2 credits and we've done it, plus mum really wants to eat inside the castle so it looks like we'll be back to CRT next year which we skipped this year.

Kate does seem to be at ease with the characters and it's lovely to see I really hope this continues and she doesn't become self conscious.

I would do the Swiss Family Treehouse every visit to MK if I could I just love it! A friend of mine had Sylvanian Families and I was very jealous, I always wanted some of my own but never got them.

Both Max and Kate like Tom Sawyers and for them it was a real disappointment that the best bit - the fort at the end - was closed off for refurb.

Each time I think of me with my fingers making antennae on my head so that Mike can read my mind I laugh I was giggling so much it's a wonder anyone understood me. We did go back this trip, fortunately I wasn't picked. Kate loves it when they ask questions like 'Can anyone tell us where they are from?' and then only a couple of people put their hands up and usually it's kids, then Mike will say 'Really? Only 7 people know where they live? (It's something like that - I can't remember the exact lines). Anyway, it's the perfect humour and honestly I wouldn't mind being picked again. I don't think I'd enjoy it if I had to go up on stage though and look out at everyone. That would be too much.

I went and rummaged through her drawers...The label is still in tact (that won't make sense if you read this before the Beer, Bear and Brat reply). I'm going to assume that you are like me and read everything in chronological order! Anyway, the top is from Zara girl. It's a really pretty design with a split up the back, but it overlaps so it doesn't flap open.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 18, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Once again - so many fantastic photos

That Cheshire Cat Tail looks rather delicious - might need to explore that rather than the usual Cinnamon Roll.

You are not alone about the Space Mountain exit - I will whinge about it too in my upcoming first visit to MK too

Food at the Yachtsman's looks rather impressive - not been there for a very long time - may need to go back

As for Monsters Inc Laugh Floor

They just seek out those who write trip reports - that's my theory
I am more often that not 'That Guy'

Has to be done and you need to get into the spirit as other wise you can be made to look rather silly on the big screen

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 18, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by walt4it View Post
Once again - so many fantastic photos

That Cheshire Cat Tail looks rather delicious - might need to explore that rather than the usual Cinnamon Roll.

You are not alone about the Space Mountain exit - I will whinge about it too in my upcoming first visit to MK too

Food at the Yachtsman's looks rather impressive - not been there for a very long time - may need to go back

As for Monsters Inc Laugh Floor

They just seek out those who write trip reports - that's my theory
I am more often that not 'That Guy'

Has to be done and you need to get into the spirit as other wise you can be made to look rather silly on the big screen

We have thousands of photos, yes I do mean plural, so there's a lot I'm leaving out! You're only getting the ones where Max is really happy!

I was wearing my Cheshire cat ears so it's almost like there was a plan to get the tail.

Ah, so that is how they decide who to pick on in Monsters Inc! Thanks for letting me in on the secret. It was excruciating, but so much fun. Poor you being 'that guy' I bet your boys loved it though.

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 18, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

I have genuinely never noticed that missing 'The' - how odd!
Glad to hear there is an absence of cinnamon in the Cheshire cat tail as they do look yummy but I am not a cinnamon fan either..☺
I swapped my mash for the dauphinoise too - great minds!
Another great day, thank you for sharing
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 18, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by GezzasGem View Post
I have genuinely never noticed that missing 'The' - how odd!
Glad to hear there is an absence of cinnamon in the Cheshire cat tail as they do look yummy but I am not a cinnamon fan either..☺
I swapped my mash for the dauphinoise too - great minds!
Another great day, thank you for sharing
I may have read about the 'The' going, or perhaps I saw it in a vlog? I can't remember now when it went but it disappeared somewhere between summer 2016 and summer 2018!

Yes, Max hates cinnamon and those sorts of spices that are often in breakfast pastries, he also doesn't like dried fruit in pastries or cakes. He will eat raisins on their own but not in something! He's quite annoying actually, but the Cheshire Cat Tail was something we all enjoyed.

I love mash, but somehow Dauphinoise seemed better with the steak. They were more than happy to swap the potato over for me.

Old 3 Nov 18, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Looking at photos taken I've Narrowed it down to some time between August 2016 and 2017 when 'The' was removed

At least they don't highlight the TM bit that you see on MDE

Good spot though

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 18, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by walt4it View Post
Looking at photos taken I've Narrowed it down to some time between August 2016 and 2017 when 'The' was removed

At least they don't highlight the TM bit that you see on MDE

Good spot though
Good narrowing down at least we know 12 months now!

I'm sure I read about the 'The' disappearing somewhere ... probably there was a post on the Dibb! I knew before we went to MK that it was gone, it wasn't that I discovered it on the day.

It is one of those weird things that Disney does that I cannot fathom the reasoning behind. Had an imagineer spent some time thinking about how the entrance could be made better and thought the removal of 'the' would be just what was needed? Bizarre!

Old 12 Nov 18, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

What a fun day. A ton of rides done even with wet paint and breakdowns !
Breakfast at BOG looks very average, unlike your snackage and dinner which all looked very yum especially the ice cream treats, they looked amazing.
Never been over to Tom Sawyer Island or done the Treehouse !
Looks like the kids had a good time, you have some lovely pics.
Boo to people pushing on the bus though. It’s just rude.
Not surprised you were all shattered. It was a full on day. Although you did give them a lie in , lol.
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 18, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Fab day, Max reminds me so much of Thomas, that's what he would do I love how much you managed to fit into a day, the photo outside Epcot is a lovely family photo.

The food at the Yachtsman looks lovely too, especially the steaks, I love a good steak xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 18, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Just catching up with your report after our holiday 😀. Such a busy day, you really packed a lot in.
We found a few pushing in at the resort bus queues this year, very surprised as this never happens and we have commented before how civilised the queues are (unlike our local bus queues where everyone just pushes in!)
I keep meaning to try the Cheshire Cat tail, it looks s good. So many snacks and so little time 😀
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List