Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 27 Jan 19, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ploppy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Norwegian don’t fly from Manchester to Florida- wish they did!
I’m sure I saw someone post on a December flightthread that they’d booked Norwegian from Manchester. Perhaps they’re going via London

Villa - '84, '85, '86, '91, '92, '93, '97, '04
West coast - '87, '89, '94, '98, '01, '10, '14
Onsite - '95, '99, '00, '02, '03, '05, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, ‘18
Disney cruise - Wonder May '11, Fantasy NY 2011/12, Magic NY 2012/13, Dream Sept '16
Princess Ploppy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 19, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Princess Ploppy View Post
I’m sure I saw someone post on a December flightthread that they’d booked Norwegian from Manchester. Perhaps they’re going via London
Hi Princess- Norwegian unfortunately don't offer anything from Manchester to USA- not even connecting flights- I suspect someone who normally comes from Manchester was posting they would get down to Gatwick for them due to savings. norwegian/uk/destina...lldestinations
I wouldn't blame them - if I wasn't working and didn't have the kids and could travel when i wanted there are some great bargains to have. Maybe in 10 years! £400 returns would be wonderful.
Manchester has a real 'lack of competition' issue on flights to Florida, particularly direct. I would absolutely love Norwegian to come in, and even emailed them to ask them if they had any plans- alas I received no reply.
Old 27 Jan 19, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Stace I have just been looking- unfortunately most flight seem pricey. Ive just spotted 15/12 to 29/12 (not sure what dates you need) with Thomas Cook for £610 each with baggage. Unfortunately you'd have to take them out of school for 3 days.

Edited at 02:33 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 19, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
stace
Imagineer

Stace I have just been looking- unfortunately most flight seem pricey. Ive just spotted 15/12 to 29/12 (not sure what dates you need) with Thomas Cook for £610 each with baggage. Unfortunately you'd have to take them out of school for 3 days.
thats a good price actually - and i would consider taking a few days out, however i am pref looking at 26th dec - 5th jan ish. (those are the dates i have booked dvc for at the moment)

Im also considering maybe indirect for the first time ever

Just really need to wait for the return flights to be released and hope they are not too bad, i paid £600 roughly december just gone each which i thought was good direct with virgin.

thanks for the help and tips

stacey
stace is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 19, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Standard view BLT studio (?) is one of the three or four most popular rooms in DVC- AKL Concierge and BWV Studios (or 2 beds) also fit in this category.
Thus I think walking is a necessity.
I was just looking this morning, and the 31/12 is already booked out there due to fireworks I think.
Also looking at Copper Creek. The studios are a massive issue there, too many points on bungalows and too few studios. 11 months out there is nil availability- walking is the only option there also for all studios. I would not buy Copper Creek to stay in studios, as one may be sorely disappointed, then locked out of other resorts until 7 months. I was amazed to see even 1 beds there are gone for a few days the week before Xmas. Major issue with the points loaded on those bungalows, which are of course available to book, even most nights in Feb. There will be some angry owners there.
Unfortunately Stacey walking is now easier than ever with the online system and becoming ever more commonplace. They need to clamp down on this- perhaps 2 changes per booking only or something.
I'm experiencing this now. Trying to book at CCV at 11 months out and everyone must be walking it

I really do frown on that practice, but starting to think that's the only way to make use of the 11 month window now. If you can't beat them, join them!
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 19, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gelatoni View Post
I'm experiencing this now. Trying to book at CCV at 11 months out and everyone must be walking it

I really do frown on that practice, but starting to think that's the only way to make use of the 11 month window now. If you can't beat them, join them!
I was monitoring studio availability at CC over Xmas and New Year. I was able to get availability up to the 24th. After that it was all wrapped up by the walkers.
When we go at Xmas again it will deffo be the first couple of weeks of Dec so not so much of an issue for us.

Fully support restrictions to walking.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 19, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ploppy
Imagineer

Just managed to book my last 4 nights at BLT theme park view (1 bed) over NYE. Was so worried about getting it with so many people walking reservations these days but thankfully it’s all sorted! Flights and car are booked too so it’s defimitely happening! 10 nights at BWV and 4 at BLT two of my favourite resorts!

Villa - '84, '85, '86, '91, '92, '93, '97, '04
West coast - '87, '89, '94, '98, '01, '10, '14
Onsite - '95, '99, '00, '02, '03, '05, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, ‘18
Disney cruise - Wonder May '11, Fantasy NY 2011/12, Magic NY 2012/13, Dream Sept '16
Princess Ploppy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 19, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
stace
Imagineer

Great news - I rang up and added all my extra nights on too so have got all my nights booked in a lake view room, could have saved a few points on getting a standard but not going to let it stress me!

Now to trying to find decent flight prices ;-(

Stacey
stace is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 19, 07:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 2point View Post
I was monitoring studio availability at CC over Xmas and New Year. I was able to get availability up to the 24th. After that it was all wrapped up by the walkers.
When we go at Xmas again it will deffo be the first couple of weeks of Dec so not so much of an issue for us.

Fully support restrictions to walking.
Member services must be aware of the problem of walking, and really should so something about it like limiting the amount of times you can modify without a penalty. It just seems really unfair and forces more people to do it, compounding the problem!
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 19, 07:52 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Copper Creek has major issues. I also noticed 1 beds gone at 11 months- for the period- unheard of. Yes walking may be a problem, but they are walking because there’s not enough availibility because too many points have been absorbed into cabins no one wants. Cabins are still availible most of February and March and all of April. Remember those unused points then go into breakage, which can be used for cash rentals, by Disney who keep the money as breakage repayment is already at the maximum 2.5%.
There’s over 36,000 points taken by cabins overa 10 day Xmas period from 20/12 to 31/12. That’s roughly equivalent to 120 studios in the same period, and I think Copper Creek only has about 40 dedicated studios. (Edit 42 studios, plus 36 lockoff which may go to some 2 bed bookers, so max 78).
Added to the above it is popular at Xmas due to decorations, but even so it’s the only resort I cannot book for Christmas today in a studio and as I say a 1 bed.
Being locked out of home resort at 11 months isn’t on, there’s going to be a lot of unhappy people.
I am wondering if Star Wars is making it worse than usual as well.
I said on here online amending would make walking common place, I don’t think we’ve seen the half of it yet as it becomes an ever decreasing circle, with reluctant walkers having to join in. Should defiantly be stopped.

Edited at 08:08 AM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List