Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 6 Feb 19, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
rcaff
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile Day trip to the Bahamas

Hey everyone !

Just wondered if its possible to do a day trip to the Bahamas and if anyone has done it ?

If so how, is it expensive and was it worth it ?

TIA !

The Caffreys do Disney...Again !
The Wyndham 2005, Grand Plaza 2006, Pop Century 2007, Pop Century 2008, Pop Century 2009, Caribbean Beach Resort 2010, AKL 2012, Pop Century 2013 and 2014, Cabana Bay 2015 & 2016, Coronado springs 2017, Cabana Bay again in 2018 and finally Caribbean Beach 2019
rcaff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 19, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

I know a load of workmates hired a 4 seater plane from Orlando to the Bahamas but it was a long time ago.

Is it worth it ? Only you can decide that. I know when we have done the DCL cruise the second time we didn't get off the ship at Nassau as it didn't appeal to us so we stayed on board and enjoyed the relative quiet of the ship
Old 6 Feb 19, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Have you a particular reason why you want to go to the Bahamas ? We went as a port on a Caribbean cruise. The Bahamas really wasn’t what I expected. I thought it was going to be a paradise island and to be honest it really wasn’t up to much and we went back on to the ship by early afternoon.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 19, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
rcaff
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Can I ask was there any reason you didn’t want to see Nassau ? I’m always worried I have over fantasised about tropical places and I will be disappointed lol 😆

The Wyndham 2005, Grand Plaza 2006, Pop Century 2007, Pop Century 2008, Pop Century 2009, Caribbean Beach Resort 2010, AKL 2012, Pop Century 2013 and 2014, Cabana Bay 2015 & 2016, Coronado springs 2017, Cabana Bay again in 2018 and finally Caribbean Beach 2019
rcaff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 19, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
rcaff
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
Have you a particular reason why you want to go to the Bahamas ? We went as a port on a Caribbean cruise. The Bahamas really wasn’t what I expected. I thought it was going to be a paradise island and to be honest it really wasn’t up to much and we went back on to the ship by early afternoon.
This is exactly what I am worried about ... I imagine white sands, palm trees, very very tropical and that instead of being ooooh it will be more ugh

Old 6 Feb 19, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

We went to a small beach right next to the cruise port then had a look around a few gift shops and went back aboard the ship. You could go to Atlantis to their water park and private beach and I understand it is lovely but expensive.

If it is a beach you are after why not also have a look at the beaches in Florida. Or maybe include a 3 day cruise from Florida which would take in the Bahamas if you really do want to go there.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 19, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by rcaff View Post
Can I ask was there any reason you didn’t want to see Nassau ? I’m always worried I have over fantasised about tropical places and I will be disappointed lol 😆
Nassau was our first port on our very first cruise back in 2005.

We weren't disappointed by it as it was our first ever island but wouldn't rush back. Walked from the port to the main shopping area. Seemed to remember that we found cheap T shirt shops next door to the likes of Gucci.

Didn't join into any of the excursions though so can't speak for the rest of the island.

Mick
Old 6 Feb 19, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
rcaff
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Thanks everyone!
Seems my reservations were valid and maybe we should stick to the beaches in Florida. Feels like it’s going to be a lot of effort for something we can get more locally ☺️

Old 7 Feb 19, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
stu1873
Getting Excited

Mobile

Done it few times when I was a kid. Bus trip down to Miami and stay over night then early flight to Bahamas and late flight back. I do remember the water being very tropical looking lol
stu1873 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 19, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
dizzyc
Imagineer

Having been to the Bahamas a few times I would say that Nassau is not really the idyllic Bahamas tropical paradise that you would imagine... I enjoyed it there, I even got married there but there are many many more islands in the Bahamas that have are much more picture postcard beautiful if you know what I mean?

But I don't know how easy it would be to do a day trip to the outer islands... Nassau is the main one but is built up with lots of people and traffic. I've been on a few private islands in the Bahamas whilst on a cruise and they were much more beautiful...

Too many holidays to list! 5 times in Orlando, also done plenty of Caribbean trips & newly converted to cruises (next ones planned for March 2019 & August 2019)
dizzyc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List