Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 7 Feb 19, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

Mobile Hunted?

I was just flicking through the channels and stumbled on this and I’m puzzled.
The girl has been to the pub and asked for help and the barman has put her in touch with his mum who has helped.
Then a positive sighting brings the hunters to the pub. The young lad said the barman helped so the “HQ” give the barman’s address out and they go round and ask the mum. He is there flicking through her phone and she says “I don’t have to tell you” and he says “if you don’t tell me I’ll just take the phone” and the next thing they are remotely accessing the mums phone!
How are they allowed to do that? Or are the “helpers” in on it or?
Ellelledee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 19, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post
bigseve
Imagineer

There’s a bit at the start that says that the Hunters have certain “powers of the state” or words to that effect. I’m guessing this is one of those powers and that the friends/relations of the hunted are aware of that at the start.
bigseve is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 19, 08:09 AM  
Link to this Post
SimonB
Imagineer

Mobile

I tend to take a lot of the content with a huge pinch of salt on Hunted. Still enjoyable viewing though.
SimonB is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 19, 08:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by bigseve View Post
There’s a bit at the start that says that the Hunters have certain “powers of the state” or words to that effect. I’m guessing this is one of those powers and that the friends/relations of the hunted are aware of that at the start.
Yeah I get friends/family etc but this was some random woman who helped her and these 2 “heavies” went in her house and started asking her and she was trying to be cagey and then said “how do you know I’m telling you the truth?” And he said “I’ll just take your phone” and he was going through her phone and taking screenshots. And I thought if you have helped the fugitive then why would you let them look at your phone and tbh that’s an unfair advantage to the hunters.
I know it’s hardly Hunger Games and in real life the FBI or whoever could get access to your phone in that kind of situation but the game looks very in the favour of the Hunters
Ellelledee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 19, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

This annoyed me last night! Like others have said, a lot of it is not what would happen in real life but the way they barged into her home really annoyed me! They had no right to look at her phone and she had every right to say no.
I'm sure i read somewhere there are certain rules the contestants have to follow, they can't just 'go underground' . I suppose it would make a very boring programme if they just camped in a remote field 2 the whole time.
That one last night did annoy me though, thought they were very rude to here! I would have said, ok take my phone!
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 19, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

I like Hunted but you have to suspend disbelief to a certain extent to enjoy it. There's clearly a load of rules that they don't tell the viewer about and the way that 'associates' always give something up or allow people to take things from their house, look at their phones etc. is obviously not normal. That's the 'replicating some powers of the state' that they mention in the opening credits I guess
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 19, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I wish that this much effort was put into catching real criminals.

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 19, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
I wish that this much effort was put into catching real criminals.

Kat
That would solve a lot of problems wouldn't it! I did laugh at how quickly and easily the ex cons got caught!
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 19, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We spoke to majid from the last series about it when we met him last year ( he’s now the Sheffield mayor) and he said don’t believe everything you see, it’s a tv programme cleverly edited . He did say he thoroughly enjoyed taking part though but it’s not exactly being on the run .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 19, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
I love walmart
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

This is a real love/hate program for me. I love it for its entertainment value but get annoyed at how quickly people cave in and “snitch”. It’s like they’re really being interrogated by the FBI! 🤣
The other huge bug bear is the contestants taking risks to see their families. It’s only 4 weeks. If my husband blew the chance of £100k because he wanted to see me I’d be fuming.
I love walmart is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List