Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 9 Feb 19, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
animal 1970
Dibbing with Tink

avanti

hi has anyone stayed here on international drive dh wants a couple of days away from disneyand I have agreed if we stay somewhere nice not posh but not scabby
animal 1970 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 19, 11:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Abdn_lass
I want to go now!

Mobile

I stayed back in May. We were put in a room with an interconnected door. A child next screamed constantly. We were moved, then the next room the bathroom had thick black mould, no working extraction, I went with white socks came back with black.
Abdn_lass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 19, 11:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Col&Ali
Imagineer

Mobile

Rosen Plaza would be a better choice
Col&Ali is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 19, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
gemma-lou
Imagineer

gemma-lou's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4
we did in april 2017. the hotel itself is lovely, the pool was lovely, our room, the floor was dirty and we too was always wiping our feet getting into bed (i dont like bits on my feet put in the bed) our air conditioning unit was noisy but when we got home we complained about this and they refunded our resort fees.

i wouldnt hesitate to stay there again though, in fact we will be next year. it is perfectly situated for us . last year we stayed in clarion inn lake benua vista and would never return again. lots of little white fleas everywhere, on the hairdryer in the bath room and onthewalls, on the phone and on the bed.
2008 - enclave suite - 2010 All Star Sport - 2017 Avanti Resort - 2018 Royal pacific and miami - 2022 Polynesian and Royal Pacific - - February 2024 family trip to Universal Dockside - November 2024 Universal Aventura & CSR DisneyWorld
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/signaturepics/sigpic28388_47.gif
gemma-lou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 19, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazascouser
Apprentice Imagineer

Mazascouser's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Note that there is a resort fee,so the price you see is it the price you pay. Rosen Plaza is widely recommend.
Mazascouser is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 19, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
animal 1970
Dibbing with Tink

looked at rosen plaza looks good but can anyone tell me what the walkway is and where does it go please
animal 1970 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 19, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Col&Ali
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by animal 1970 View Post
looked at rosen plaza looks good but can anyone tell me what the walkway is and where does it go please
What walkway?

Could you mean the one that goes to the conference centre? I recall seeing one from the road but can’t remember it being a big focal point whilst there.

A pleasant walk up I Drive takes you to lots of restaurants and the Eye etc. It’s a lovely hotel!
Col&Ali is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 19, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Johnnyp
Imagineer

Johnnyp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
The Avanti is a good location, but I wouldn’t stay there again. Had to ask the cleaners to sweep the floor as it was sandy, even after they had been in

A cheap option but I would rather pay a bit more
Johnnyp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 19, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
bella9
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Johnnyp View Post
The Avanti is a good location, but I wouldn’t stay there again. Had to ask the cleaners to sweep the floor as it was sandy, even after they had been in

A cheap option but I would rather pay a bit more
We stayed here in a premium room soon after the refurb for 2 days as our villa wasn't available. We had the problem with the sandy floor too, in the end, we wore our flip flops around the room. It's motel-style, which we didn't like. We got a good deal plus it had recently re-opened so we thought it would feel like a new hotel. We didn't use any of the facilities, and I can't help with eateries as we just used it for somewhere to sleep.

We wouldn't stay again, only because we don't like motel-style accom.
bella9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 19, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
animal 1970
Dibbing with Tink

thanks for the reply looks like rosen plaza so far is winning