Old 11 Feb 19, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
at the grandad's boo-tay. I almost spat my tea out.

Disney Springs look so nice and peaceful.

Fab pictures with Lilo and Stitch and that cocktail looks lovely, such a shame you spilled some of it though

D-Luxe looks so tasty, especially those milkshakes. Although, bacon in a milkshake, I just can't come to like it and I love a good bit of bacon

I heard the same about Ghiradelli, such a shame, it was a lovely little touch and a nice finish to a meal if you couldn't squeeze a pudding in I couldn't find any of the milk chocolate caramel bars when we went, we ended up getting the bags of mini's instead. My favourite is the dark chocolate salted caramel!

Poor Kate worrying about the 50s Prime Time meal but at least you've tried it and know it isn't for you. You all did so well with those meals, they were huge!

Dave's face on the Star Wars speeder I can't stop laughing, he's so into it haha.

Overall a fab day and you certainly used plenty of credits thanks for another awesome day xx
I'm glad you appreciate the boo-tay, I'm still smiling about it now.

The Lilo and Stitch meet is fab and never has a long line so is a great choice for a bit of a break from the water.

The burgers are good at D Luxe, I'd definitely go back. Would you have bacon with your pancakes and maple syrup? I never thought I'd like that but actually the saltiness with the sweetness is really tasty.

He probably won't thank me for putting that photo of him on the speeder in the report, but given that he tries to pretend the dibb doesn't exist I don't suppose he will ever know.

Originally Posted by Zomax25 View Post
Awesome day! I suspect my daughter would be the same about Prime Time 🙈
She does look a bit worried in the photos, it's a shame as it was all good fun and not in any way mean or unkind. Still, we need to rule out some restaurants as they can't all be on the must do list so at least we know not to go back.

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
I can’t get on board with bacon in milkshake, I’m sorry! I actually felt queasy at the sight of that huge slice of bacon, or maybe that was the foot pictures!? I don’t think I realise you could have a shake with a QS credit at D-Luxe, so I’ll keep that in mind.

Haha at Kate’s changing review of D-Luxe, I also found the BBQ burger impossible to eat, if we go back, I’ll have the Classic Cheeseburger, like Max.

The photo of you and Kate on the bus to Studios is lovely, she looks very like you there, and Max is still scowling and he’s not even in the photo. I always march to the back of the bus too; the AC is fierce and I like that those seats are warm. Nik is yet to suss out my cunning plan, as he loves the AC.

Poor Kate at 50s Prime Time, you can even tell she’s anxious from the picture with her looking at the menu. I’m with Kate on the gravy looking questionable, it looks like really thick Bisto, I am surprised as gravy in the US is usually much creamier. If we eat there, I’ll be sure to ask for it on the side.

Another great day, I think I've always thought of a water park day as a bit of a write off, but it's great to see you still actually managed lots of park time. Plus a bonus visit to Disney Springs.
Another one who doesn't like the bacon or the (warts) veruccas and all foot photos! Those shakes were all tasty and all part of the QS credit, so while the fries are a snack the shakes are included.

I really liked that photo of us on the bus, she's gorgeous isn't she? It's a shame that max was half cut out, of course he was scowling!

Kate really doesn't like gravy and at home she will have her roast dinner dry no gravy at all! I should have said to the server to hold it back as of course they would have put it on the side or not at all if we wanted.

One of the perks, I know that's a bit of a stretch, of not having a car and the buses not going direct to the water parks is that we visited Disney springs for breakfast and for lunch. I'm not sure I'll convince anyone that that is a perk, In fact I'm not sure I've even convinced myself.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 19, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by Cazzius View Post
That is some good going with the credits today - especially all the snacks.

Good idea to purchase snacks for your upcoming non DDP days. A shame you don't get the free sample at Ghiradelli anymore though.

Poor Kate at 50s Prime Time! I myst admit that's part of the reason that we will not be going there, plus I'm not so sure about the menu.

Great view for the Star Wars fireworks. I hope Max liked his choices for the day.
The rice crispy treats were great during the non DDP drought days! And the Ghiradelli chocolate bars lasted for a couple of weeks after we got home.

I'm not over keen on the decor of 50s Prime Time either, I get that this is part of the theme but it just looks so old fashioned and it wasn't to our taste. There are lots of people who love it though, it's just not for us.

For the fireworks we were standing just behind a broken paving stone which had a cone on it so there was a square metre of space in front of us which meant the kids both had a good view of the show and weren't shoved right into the back of the person in front of them.

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Another great day where you again seemed to do too much.

We've never been to Typhoon Lagoon, would you recommend it? Which is better there or BB, because dh can't swim I try not to set aside too much water park time, not because I'm a lovely wife and I don't want him to feel left out but because it means I have to do everything with ds and I end up knackered.

Great to see you got a good spot for the star wars show.
We definitely prefer TL. I would recommend the slides even for non swimmers. I'm sure that it might be a bit scary, but the rides with the dingy boats that you sit are great fun and you don't get dunked in the water at all. The pool at the end is about 3 to 4 foot deep so even climbing out of the boat or rubber ring is safe. Obviously for a non swimmer it would be daunting...my dad is not a great swimmer and I'm hoping to convince him to try them out this summer. Totally agree that carrying the tubes and boats is knackering.

The family raft rides are all really good fun and they end in a little river which is about 1 to 2 foot deep so definitely no chance of going under.

Of course the lazy river is great and you could walk around all of it, there is no where in there that is more than a few feet deep. The only trouble I have is getting into and out of the rubber rings gracefully seems to elude me every time! It's not a pretty sight at all the kids laugh at me, but it's a lovely relaxing experience, if you can accidentally fall behind while the rest of your family race ahead then it's even more relaxing

I would make sure he avoids the wave pool as that is lethal and even in the shallows the waves are so strong that you can get knocked off your feet.

You could try it for a morning, it's a fun park, we don't normally last much after lunch anyway, but he might end up enjoying it.

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 19, 11:17 PM  
Link to this Post
DadToThree
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Max looks so happy showing everyone his feet

Those burgers look amazing though bacon in a milkshake doesn’t do anything for me I have to say! Although am I right in thinking your milkshake was a whisky one? If so, I’m in for that!

Topped off with a fun evening in HS...very good 👍🏻
DadToThree is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 19, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by DadToThree View Post
Max looks so happy showing everyone his feet

Those burgers look amazing though bacon in a milkshake doesn’t do anything for me I have to say! Although am I right in thinking your milkshake was a whisky one? If so, I’m in for that!

Topped off with a fun evening in HS...very good 👍🏻
I agree, very proud of himself to be shoving his foot into my face. I wish I could get my leg up that high.

The shake did have whisky in it! It was yummy

Old 15 Feb 19, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

Thanks for all the tips about TL. I really want to make it there this time.

I suppose the fact that you change buses for this one at Disney springs makes it more appealing with staying at pofq.
Old 15 Feb 19, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
The burgers are good at D Luxe, I'd definitely go back. Would you have bacon with your pancakes and maple syrup? I never thought I'd like that but actually the saltiness with the sweetness is really tasty.

He probably won't thank me for putting that photo of him on the speeder in the report, but given that he tries to pretend the dibb doesn't exist I don't suppose he will ever know.
I think we may, but not in May. Yes I love pancakes with bacon and maple syrup, but a milkshake ... I just can't maybe I might brave it next time we're there.

Well exactly what he doesn't know won't hurt but it is a fab photo haha xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 19, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Thanks for all the tips about TL. I really want to make it there this time.

I suppose the fact that you change buses for this one at Disney springs makes it more appealing with staying at pofq.
While it is a pain to not have a direct bus option, it is a bonus to stop at Disney Springs for breakfast on the way and then for lunch on the way home. One day I may even actually make it to Wolfgang Puck express QS like I plan!

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
I think we may, but not in May. Yes I love pancakes with bacon and maple syrup, but a milkshake ... I just can't maybe I might brave it next time we're there.

Well exactly what he doesn't know won't hurt but it is a fab photo haha xx
Fair enough, I've not had bacon in a milkshake before or since actually!

Old 1 Mar 19, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Ooh another great day! I love Typhoon Lagoon, its such a good waterpark.
Go you spending all those credits . That must have felt good to have got rid of so many! I love Ghiradelli chocolate especially the caramel chocolate which you only have 2 bars of
Wow I can't believe Kate's autograph book is nearly finished, you've both done so well! I don't think we've ever got over half way with one before
Great evening in HS too, Frozen Ever After is my fave sing along! Lovely photo of you all too

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 19, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Mad Hatters
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Another great day.

You managed to do really well on the snacks today.

D-luxe looks great as per every trip report I’ve seen them in haha.

Not sure on 50’s prime time. Not sure I quite get it. Food looked pretty good though.
Mad Hatters is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 19, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Pumba75
Imagineer

Pumba75's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Another lovely day, minus the feet!

M x
Pumba75 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List