Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 11 Feb 19, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Sorry OP

I remember going to the first every Star Wars film in Leicester Square. Totally in awe of it. Despite not liking the last few films I have no problem with a Star Wars themed land. I wish they had spider man and batman as well

I’ll probably not be returning so will have to visit vicariously through the DIBB

At the end of the day it’s a theme park, based on your idea of sticking to Disney where does typhoon lagoon or blizzard beach fit in or actually Animal Kingdom. It’s a theme park ans a business so they have to keep renewing and changing.
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 19, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Room for it all I think, pity it’s so bleedin expensive
Old 11 Feb 19, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Adcro
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
At the end of the day it’s a theme park, based on your idea of sticking to Disney where does typhoon lagoon or blizzard beach fit in or actually Animal Kingdom.
Because they're themed areas, and themes within themselves but with a very Disney angle, rather than an acquisition of a movie series. In fact I'd even lump in Avatar and Guardians of the Galaxy (even though I like GotG), its moving more towards movie themed things, a bit more Universal, rather than original creative areas... if that makes sense?
Adcro is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 19, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Vale Girl
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

I totally agree with you OP. Hollywood studios is my least favourite park to start with so now I have another reason not to go there. Star Wars and super heroes are not for me.
Old 11 Feb 19, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Adcro View Post
It's increasingly looking like I'm alone in my opinion lol
Nope, I honestly hate SW. But I also don't like HS so the land being there doesn't actually bother me that much, just one more excuse to not visit that park. There would have to be something absolutely amazing for me to even set foot in SWGE itself.

I'm upset about it being added to Disneyland though. I know they're far more limited land wise in Anaheim so couldn't do it as a third gate, but leave the original be!

Don't have a strong opinion of Marvel either way, it's just there and I ignore it. Not sure I've even seen a single Marvel film. But I do kind of wish Disney would come up with some more original IP, instead of just buying other companies out and remaking their own work.

Edited at 09:18 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 19, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Originally Posted by Adcro View Post
Because they're themed areas, and themes within themselves but with a very Disney angle, rather than an acquisition of a movie series. In fact I'd even lump in Avatar and Guardians of the Galaxy (even though I like GotG), its moving more towards movie themed things, a bit more Universal, rather than original creative areas... if that makes sense?
Mmm. But the clue is in the theme park name

Hollywood studios. Which has always focused itself on movies, Indiana Jones was aquired by Disney
From Lucas

The series was created by George Lucas, and its films are directed by Steven Spielberg and star Harrison Ford as the title character. The Walt Disney Company has owned the Indiana Jones intellectual property since its acquisition of Lucasfilm, the series' production company, in 2012.
I’m not saying your opinion is not valid, I understand you don’t like those style of films but I think they are such a cross generation genre that it’s inevitable that the theme parks will move with what masses want. Clearly, with the prices Disney are about to charge there must be a demand for them
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 19, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie29
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I’m with you OP. Just nothing we can do about it. I don’t relate marvel and Star Wars with Disney at all, and I don’t think I ever will really.
I-Drive July 2004. I-Drive Oct/Nov 2006. Southern Dunes May 2010 (married in Florida!). Town Centre June 2011. Southern Dunes August 2012. Hampton Lakes and Carnival Cruise August 2013. Regal Palms 2014. Southern Dunes 2017. Southern Dunes and Hard Rock Hotel May 2018. AKL, POFQ, Wilderness Lodge and Disney Dream2019.
Dopey challenge - All Stars stay January 2020. Cabana Bay Sept 2022
minnie29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 19, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post

I think it will be a good addition, I also think it is possible to like areas and / or rides without liking that particular theme or franchise. It took me a long time to get Star Wars, it came out when I was 7 but I was 31 before I managed to watch a film all the way through. Love it now.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 19, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
FindingMerida
Apprentice Imagineer

FindingMerida's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
This is me.
Star Wars and Marvel do absolutely nothing for me so I don't care much about the expansions personally.
BUT, I love that there is going to be more for my kids as they get older And for Paris I think it's amazing that they are investing so much

I just wish I could bypass the crowds that will descend for the next couple of years
May 2016 - DLP Newport Bay Club Oct 2016 - DIBB Villa, BLT
Jun 2017 - DIBB Villa, HRH, AKV
Mar 2018 - DLP Magic Circus Jun 2018 - DCL Magic 7 Day Med
Sep 2018 - DLP 36K Challenge Nov 2018 - DLP Sequoia Lodge at Christmas
Apr 2019 - DIBB Villa, AKV, BLT
Sep 2019 - DLP 36K Challenge
Oct 2019 - DCL Fantasy 7 day Western Caribbean
Sep 2020 - DLP 36K Challenge
FindingMerida is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 19, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
limmy
Imagineer

limmy's Reviews
I've never seen Star Wars.
Love The Avengers though and any Marvel things.
DCL 2019
limmy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List