Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 15 Feb 19, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
How sensible of Noah to stay where he was, I bet you were frantic though, it’s a horrible feeling to lose sight of your child even for a short time. I was stressed when Georgia and I were separated and missed each other early in our trip this year, so was she, but at least we were both adults.

We weren’t offered 3 courses with our Mama Melrose package 😂 . It is strange how inconsistent the rules on the ddp is depending on the server. We weren’t very keen on Mama Melrose at all, especially the dessert trio. We did love having the reserved seating for Fantasmic though so I think we would just choose a different restaurant next time
Oh I was, I've never felt a feeling like it. I remember reading your report and knowing exactly how you felt! I don't think it matters if they're young or old, they're still our babies and we'll forever worry about them.

Really! That's such bad service really, they definitely need to keep it consistent. I know what you mean though we felt the same. I loved the dining package seating we were right in the middle it was perfect. Which other restaurants do the package do you know? Is it just Hollywood and Vine? Xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 19, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
Oh I was, I've never felt a feeling like it. I remember reading your report and knowing exactly how you felt! I don't think it matters if they're young or old, they're still our babies and we'll forever worry about them.

Really! That's such bad service really, they definitely need to keep it consistent. I know what you mean though we felt the same. I loved the dining package seating we were right in the middle it was perfect. Which other restaurants do the package do you know? Is it just Hollywood and Vine? Xx
Brown Derby is included too and that’s just 1 credit whereas H&V is two credits I believe. I haven’t looked into either as we don’t have a trip to plan but will look for our next time

Edited to say it’s the other way around, H&V is a 1 ts buffet, and Brown Derby is the 2 ts restaurant 😀

Edited at 05:30 PM.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 19, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Oh Kelly, you must have been frantic! I've just said to Kate what happened she is full of sympathy as just as others have said we lost her too when she was about 5... It was the local garden centre at Christmas and they have loads of decorations and neither of us were paying attention, she started crying and we realised we didn't have her and had to retrace our steps...well she still remembers it and said that it's bad enough to be lost in your own country but in a foreign country it would be horrid. So, you must have felt dreadful even though it was only a few minutes and he was fine.

Anyway, the rest of the day sounds fun and you got to see of the shows at HS. We like the Indy show and you know how I feel about Fantasmic!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 19, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Brown Derby is included too and that’s just 1 credit whereas H&V is two credits I believe. I haven’t looked into either as we don’t have a trip to plan but will look for our next time

Edited to say it’s the other way around, H&V is a 1 ts buffet, and Brown Derby is the 2 ts restaurant 😀
Ahh right, I thought there was another but couldn't think which thank you. Have you done either of them before Sue?

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Oh Kelly, you must have been frantic! I've just said to Kate what happened she is full of sympathy as just as others have said we lost her too when she was about 5... It was the local garden centre at Christmas and they have loads of decorations and neither of us were paying attention, she started crying and we realised we didn't have her and had to retrace our steps...well she still remembers it and said that it's bad enough to be lost in your own country but in a foreign country it would be horrid. So, you must have felt dreadful even though it was only a few minutes and he was fine.

Anyway, the rest of the day sounds fun and you got to see of the shows at HS. We like the Indy show and you know how I feel about Fantasmic!
Poor Kate, I would hate to think Noah can remember it, although I'm not sure if it's his age or autism that didn't make him panic. I'd have been hysterical at that age. There's just no way to describe the feeling is there?

It was and yes you have the same views as me! Definitely my favourite show without a doubt xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 19, 11:36 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

No we haven’t tried the others, but H&V is a character buffet with Mickey, Minnie, Donald etc so I would imagine your Noah would enjoy it 😀

We lost one of our older boys for a few minutes, which felt like hours, on holiday in North Wales years ago when he was around 5 or 6. We were on holiday with other family members and all went into a shop, I thought our son was in front with my mum but turned out he wasn’t! I felt sick. We rushed out to see him crying a little further along the seafront with a lady who was trying to find us, he hadn’t noticed us going in the shop and just walked on but stopped and was looking for us. I felt terrible but thankfully he was fine and safe, and it must have only been moments but it’s easy to think he’s with another family member and lose sight

Edited at 11:40 PM.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 19, 11:40 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

No we haven’t tried the others, but Brown Derby is a character buffet with Mickey, Minnie, Donald etc so I would imagine your Noah would enjoy it 😀

We lost one of our older boys for a few minutes, which felt like hours, on holiday in North Wales years ago when he was around 5 or 6. We were on holiday with other family members and all went into a shop, I thought our son was in front with my mum but turned out he wasn’t! I felt sick. We rushed out to see him crying a little further along the seafront with a lady who was trying to find us, he hadn’t noticed us going in the shop and just walked on but stopped and was looking for us. I felt terrible but thankfully he was fine and safe, and it must have only been moments but it’s easy to think he’s with another family member and lose sight
Oooo I'm sure he would! See ANOTHER reason we need to go back

Bless him, but your right it is so easily done, especially when they're younger. I think it's the way the World is nowadays that has me worried more than anything else xx
Old 15 Feb 19, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
Oooo I'm sure he would! See ANOTHER reason we need to go back

Bless him, but your right it is so easily done, especially when they're younger. I think it's the way the World is nowadays that has me worried more than anything else xx
It’s H&V that’s a buffet, I keep mixing them up 😂

It is scary to think of the dangers, but thankfully I still believe most people are good and help if they see a lost child xx
Old 25 Feb 19, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Mad Hatters
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

A long but fun filled day.

The cake looked really yummy. It was a lovely gesture to give the rest to the CM’s.

The Olaf pictures with the kids are really lovely.

Shame you didn’t enjoy Mama Melrose. The food looks really nice though.

Can understand your feeling when you couldn’t find Noah. At least everything worked out ok no harm done as such.

Thanks for sharing.
Mad Hatters is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 19, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

It’s H&V that’s a buffet, I keep mixing them up 😂

It is scary to think of the dangers, but thankfully I still believe most people are good and help if they see a lost child xx
I suppose if you think of it that way there are way more good people than bad in the world I know I would help if I seen a lost child, guess I'm just too pessimistic

Originally Posted by Mad Hatters View Post
A long but fun filled day.

The cake looked really yummy. It was a lovely gesture to give the rest to the CM’s.

The Olaf pictures with the kids are really lovely.

Shame you didn’t enjoy Mama Melrose. The food looks really nice though.

Can understand your feeling when you couldn’t find Noah. At least everything worked out ok no harm done as such.

Thanks for sharing.
It was such a long day but we did manage to get what we wanted to get done so that helped.

I really do think it was just the combination of the rich food and being the end of the holiday, I would possibly try again but it wouldn't be next time.

It was awful I wouldn't wish the feeling on anyone.

Thanks for reading again Xx
Old 19 Mar 19, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
summersun
Imagineer

summersun's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
great day, glad Noah stayed where he was x
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...=gonna+get+wed
our dreams can come true pre trip report nov 14 cbbr nov 14
summersun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List