Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 15 Feb 19, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
For me it depends on your trip.

I have a LOT of long thick hair. I have just come back from 3 nights in Budapest, I took a roll on deodorant, a mini dry shampoo, a lip balm, a face moisturiser, toothpaste, hand cream and a mascara/concealer. This just fit in my bag. I did not take shampoo, conditioner or sun cream (obviously)..

I made the decision to not wash my hair whilst I was there, and just dry shampoo it.

If I was going anywhere hot, then I would just have to buy shampoo over there. As if its hot, I'm sweating or have used sun cream I wash my hair every evening before dinner and leave it down and curly. To wash my hair I'd use half a travel sized shampoo and a full conditioner.

Its not that dear to buy it, especially if between 2, shampoo can be used as shower gel and conditioner as shave gel, so saves there too.

I'm not that fussy about brands though for the odd week
Old 15 Feb 19, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
talicarr
Helping Minnie

I've become a wizz at getting a good number of items in the bags. Its a good idea to share the bags between everyone going, that way you can use space well, I'd recommend buying small travel sizes as the bottles are smaller than the 100mls you decant into, particularly if you know you won't use it all. I keep smaller items to last and slip them into filled bags (mascara, lipstick etc) and choose makeup wipes, hand wipes, powder makeup, powdered dry shampoo and bar soaps/ shampoo to save space as these are solids and don't need to go in the bag. You can fit more in if you practice and move things around, and I can get up to 4 days in to my hand luggage, for longer I'd buy shampoo/ conditioner body wash and moisturiser once there.
talicarr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 19, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
all drinks, including water

liquid or semi-liquid foods, eg soup, jam, honey and syrups

cosmetics and toiletries, including creams, lotions, oils, perfumes, mascara and lip gloss

sprays, including shaving foam, hairspray and spray deodorants

pastes, including toothpaste

gels, including hair and shower gel

contact lens solution

any other solutions and items of similar consistency

If you do take liquids in your hand luggage:

containers must hold no more than 100ml

containers must be in a single, transparent, resealable plastic bag, which holds no more than a litre and measures approximately 20cm x 20cm

contents must fit comfortably inside the bag so it can be sealed

the bag must not be knotted or tied at the top

you’re limited to 1 plastic bag per person

you must show the bag at the airport security point

Liquids in containers larger than 100ml generally can’t go through security even if the container is only part full. There are some exemptions.>>

Here is the link

gov.uk/hand-luggage-restrictions

Personally. I’d be hard pressed to get all my liquids in the bag especially when you include makeup

I buy on arrival in the U.K. and leave behind. I just take makeup in handluggae and only the basics
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 19, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
meboo
Imagineer

Mobile

Clinique will give you tester pots of your foundation for travel so maybe your brand do too. I also just take perfume samples with me so they are tiny. Shampoo , conditioner , toothpaste buy over there.
meboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 19, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
LadyFromage
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
Don't forget no aerosols either. My oh had his deodorant taken off him when he decided to put it in his hand luggage to save space.
My husband takes a travel size spray deo every time he travels for work and he goes every 3 weeks
LadyFromage is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 19, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
taylaboo
Imagineer

Mobile

You can take 10 x 100ml bottles inside a zip lock bag. IF you can get them in the bags. I was pulled last October for having hair wax in my carry on bag. I think its a solid but they class it as a liquid. The lady was very nice about it tho. I shall know next time.
Villa at Champions Gate -2019
Rosen Hotel May 2023
taylaboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 19, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
TGT
Imagineer

We often go carry on only. Going I'll take a hotel shampoo, a hotel shower gel, travel toothpaste and eye drops. Coming back I just bring the eye drops. I have no problem at all with a zippy bag. If I take sun cream then I'll get a travel one - been using the same bottle for years (yes, probably not effective any more but a small bottle lasts forever).

However, flying through US airports is fabulous as I get TSA Precheck so liquids and laptops stay in the bag! My favourite thing!

Di Gorton
http://www.villasoutherndunes.com

Villa Southern Dunes

Modern Disney-themed villa in the Southern Dunes golf community * Private heated west-facing pool * Sleeps 10* Room for all with sofa, dining & poolside seating for 10 * 2 ensuite doubles (king & queen) * 2 Disney-themed twins * 2 Lounges * 7 Flatscreen TVs * Great games room & amazing dressing up rail

Click >here< to see our Dibb Advert
Email: info@villasoutherndunes.com Florida State License: DWE6312923

TGT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 19, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Love*my*hols
Imagineer

Please note - if you wish to bring your own containers to hold 100ml or less, the container must have printed on it the measurement that the container can hold. Travel sets of containers that do not have measurements on them will not be allowed through security. Handwritten measurements or stickers are also not acceptable.

This is from Manchester airport site,which is interesting ?
Love*my*hols is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 19, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Originally Posted by FlorayG View Post
Useful info about bags, thanks. We have to wait for anyone else using our shuttle anyway so if those people have hold bags we might as well take advantage of putting our hand luggage away in the hold if asked.
If I get 100ml bottles can I take as many of those as I want?
I just don't want to be wasting buying more of stuff I already have once I get to duty free and then have to throw it away before coming home. (It's not the money, it's the waste I hate)
Save the stuff you have a home for your Florida trip and buy some after you have gone through customs or over there. Things like shampoo and shower gel should be in the hotel anyway so it will just be sun cream that you will really need
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 19, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
FlorayG
Imagineer

FlorayG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 9

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Its such a waste to buy and then throw stuff away I won't do it. I need to get some 100ml bottles then
FlorayG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List