Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 18 Feb 19, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

I hope you find somewhere, it looks like most Dibb villas are booked as it's school holidays. Very poor that you were not contacted - I just hope no other Dibbers have paid more than a deposit and are still unaware they have no accommodation.

Janette
Dreamy Corner June 23, Potter’s Villa May 22, Shamu Villa Sep 22,AKL, HRH Lakeside Haven Sep 19, Lakeside Haven RPR May 19. White Blossom & Viburnum Villa Aug 18. SSR, Aurora Villa May 18. Kidani, RPR Champion Florida Villa 17, Staybridge Suites, White Blossom & Owens Villa 16 OKW, Champion Florida Villa & RPR 16, Magic Landings 15, Grand Reserve & HRH 2014, Tuscan Pines 12, Highgrove 09, Legacy Park 07, Indian Point 06 and 05, Florida Pines 04
Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018
JanetteP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 19, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
lil mousketeer
VIP Dibber

So sorry to hear this OP.
I really hope you find another Villa perfect for you and your family soon

Disney POFQ/Universal HRH Aug/Sept 2012
Disney AKL/Universal RPR Aug/Sept 2014
Orlando/St Petes Beach Aug/Sept 2015
Universal-HHN Cabana Bay Sept/Oct 2016
West Stonebridge (Dibb Villa) Aug/Sept 2017
lil mousketeer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 19, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Northerndave
Being a bit Goofy

I think you should name the villa / owner. If it's been advertised on the DIBB there well may be more people planning holidays and not realising their accomodation won't be there.

If anything, the failure to contact people up front and actively refund payments made by the Owner is reprehensible in itself.
Old 18 Feb 19, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Mel5678
slightly serious Dibber

I think th OP should contact the mods to let them know so that they can contact the owner.
Mel5678 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 19, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Catlouise
Getting Excited

Mobile

The mods contacted me last night so I have gave them the information requested. I have struggled getting a villa due to it being half term, but had a few recommendations which I will look at when I get in tonight.
Catlouise is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 19, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
DavieBhoy
VIP Dibber

DavieBhoy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Hope you are successful in a new villa search.

We had a slightly similar situation 2 years ago when we noticed by chance on the internet that our rental villa had a sale pending a few months before our holiday (not a Dibb property), on contacting the UK owners - we had done lots of checks before booking - they said the new owners were going to honour bookings through the existing management company (that's why they hadn't contacted us) but we had nothing to back this up and had a frustrating few days deciding what to do - due to time constraints and very little alternative availability we went ahead and it worked out but I understand how upset you will be feeling.

Without knowing all the details, it would seem to be very poor judgement by the Dibb owner in not contacting you first and I hope it doesn't catch other renters out in this instance.

Tracy

DavieBhoy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 19, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Tetrarch
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 23
It’s not “poor judgement”. It is borderline deceitful and an outright violation of the T’s and C’s that all Dibb Villa advertisers sign up to when they join.

These conditions were reiterated just a few short weeks ago, but I guess that some people are more concerned with themselves than doing the right thing.

I feel really sorry for the OP and more than aggrieved that this owner can sully the reputation of us decent hard-working Dibb Villa advertisers who go out of their way to help people, participate in the forums and try and provide a quality product.

The Dibb is great, bringing Florida and Disney enthusiasts all together in one community. We villa owners are people who love it so much we have bought a bit!

I hope that the OP does get what she is searching for, and please don’t assume that this rotten apple is representative of all Dibb Villa Owners

Regards

Gary
Old 19 Feb 19, 02:09 AM  
Link to this Post
linder
Imagineer

linder's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
I don’t understand why these owners can’t be upfront if they are wanting to sell it’s a shame for the renter that they have to look elsewhere when they thought they had found their ideal holiday home then have the stress of finding somewhere else. But why can’t the villa be identified in case other people have bookings and they also know nothing about it. I always book dibb villas and have been very happy to do so and will carry on I just think the dibb is a lovely community and the mods do a great job and it’s a shame that these people let it down
linder is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 19, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

I went to book a villa a few weeks back(not this site) , I went to do the checks and luckily I found out it was for sale (the owner hadn't mentioned when I was booking) , I asked them and they admitted it was for sale but assured me most new buyers would take on the bookings already made . The word 'most' put me off so I went elsewhere. I do think owners should be upfront about if a villa is for sale and let renters decide if they want to take the chance.
Old 19 Feb 19, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
legallyblonde
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I think it is more common than we think and I don’t suppose they will turn down bookings when they don’t know if it will sell and also, a sale would in most cases, be easier with guaranteed bookings. It happened to us but we were informed and given the opportunity to go elsewhere but were assured that the new owner was taking the bookings and they did honour them.
legallyblonde is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List