Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 Feb 19, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Bear
VIP Dibber

Looks really tidy
Disney Bear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 19, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

I am currently working on my wardrobes. DD is laughing at me as the clothes that spark joy are all old and tatty but have good memories so I am keeping way too much as Marie Kondo says if it sparks joy, I should keep it 😂
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 19, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

Mobile

After reading this thread - I sorted a cupboard in dining room , it was full of old mobile phones , around a hundred chargers and so much old paperwork ! Some letters were from policies from 2012 ! My shredder cut out a few times it got so overheated 😀 I am ashamed to say the cupboard is now full again with my handbags this time but at least it looks tidier !
Old 18 Feb 19, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
Just did this cupboard under the sink, it’s just tidied up really. Ds moved out of his flat he was sharing with his GF and brought me back all his cleaning stuff. I can’t do Marie Kondo folding of my dusting and j clothes!
It’s looking really tidy now but to help keep it tidy I think you should put the sponges and cloths into an open plastic container. I bought a few on sale in a Tesco and stand bottles etc. in them. It keeps the cupboard tidy and they are easy to pull out.

Mine are like the undernoted.

tesco/groceries/en-G...ucts/302699119
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 19, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Pumpkin pie that’s a good idea, I did just jump up and do it and wasn’t prepared at all. I need Marie to come round with some of her boxes x
Old 18 Feb 19, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
beegnjasmum
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Just did this cupboard under the sink, it’s just tidied up really. Ds moved out of his flat he was sharing with his GF and brought me back all his cleaning stuff. I can’t do Marie Kondo folding of my dusting and j clothes!
That is absolutely lovely and I mean it! How long did that take you?
beegnjasmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 19, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

Pumpkin pie that’s a good idea, I did just jump up and do it and wasn’t prepared at all. I need Marie to come round with some of her boxes x
The tubs under the sink really do work.

The only thing I fold like Marie Kondo at the moment is my socks. I roll them in pairs now and stand them upright. My sock drawer is a sight to behold - pity all my other drawers are stuffed full.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 19, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Originally Posted by beegnjasmum View Post
That is absolutely lovely and I mean it! How long did that take you?
45 mins, I did bin loads of it. It’s my version of Marie Kondos method. I can’t spend all day cleaning I have lots to do like dibbing!
Old 18 Feb 19, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

Mobile

I have never heard of Marie Kondo.I do have a Lot of clutter though. Trouble is if I go and get rid of said clutter, I will just go out and buy more clutter! At least it stops me from buying more!
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 19, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Marie Kondo...

I have NEVER bought a self help book in my life.

BUT Yesterday I downloaded Marie Kondo’s book.. The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up”

So, starting tomorrow with clothes. Then moving one to books( I can’t throw books away, there is something sacred about books). Etc

I’m not usually one for all this flim flam but the precious thread on this got me thinking

Edited at 09:45 AM.
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List