Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 17 Feb 19, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
saint rob
Serious Dibber

Best room/block POR

Hi,

We are 2 adults going late September this year. We don’t mind a bit of a walk to the amenities but don’t want to be million miles away.

So where would you recommend and how would we go about requesting a specific room or block? Also when is the best time to make the request?

We are staying in a standard room.

Thanks in advance
saint rob is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 19, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
teachx
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
Hi there, I stayed at POR in Sept 2017, and had a room in the Mansion Blocks, in Magnolia Bend. I thought it was great. To get to the reception/restaurants it was a 10min walk, across the river bridges and past the Main pool. The bus stop was at the rear and took 5mins to reach. Here is some pics of the building, room, and some taken on the walk to the Main Buildings the morning after my arrival. Should say my Block was Arcadian House

2023 Pop Century/Rosen LBV 2019 BC/Red Lion Hotel Kissimmee 2017 POR/Floridian Hotel & Suites 2016 Red Lion Hotel Kissimmee 2014(2) Rosen Inn @ Pointe 2014 Rosen Inn International 2009 Rosen Plaza 2006 Travelodge I Drive 2004 Howard Johnsons I Drive

Edited at 02:37 PM.
teachx is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 19, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
chippyminton
slightly serious Dibber

You’ll get lots of different opinions 😀
We’ve only stayed in the Alligator Bayou (as rooms can sleep 5) but I prefer it anyway because:
The West Depot is the best bus stop, first to pick up so you get a seat, first to drop off.
It’s pretty and shady
The quiet pools are lovely
If you can get blocks 16, 17, 26, 28 they are good balance of being near the main buildings and near the bus stop.
Corner rooms have an extra window. My preference is the first floor but bear in mind there are no lifts if that matters to you.
Blocks in the 30s have been refurbished, if you want a fresher room.
These are great resources:

portorleans/

touringplans/walt-disney...sort-riverside
chippyminton is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 19, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Rooms closest to the food court at POR are a separate booking category (preferred). Book one of those to guarantee what you’re saying you want. They are all in Alligator Bayou so have the pull down 5th sleeper bed. From memory I want to say Builing 16 is next closest but not preferred. As a couple you’re more likely to get put in the Mansions section as they don’t have the fifth bed so I’d book preferred.
Old 18 Feb 19, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Originally Posted by scoobydooby View Post
Rooms closest to the food court at POR are a separate booking category (preferred). Book one of those to guarantee what you’re saying you want. They are all in Alligator Bayou so have the pull down 5th sleeper bed. From memory I want to say Builing 16 is next closest but not preferred. As a couple you’re more likely to get put in the Mansions section as they don’t have the fifth bed so I’d book preferred.

Is this the new princess / royal rooms?
aqualiv is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 19, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
teachx
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by aqualiv View Post
Is this the new princess / royal rooms?
There are 4 Blocks/Houses in Magnolia Bend, Arcadian and Magnolia are the the non royal rooms. The royal rooms are in Oak and Parterre if I remember correctly

2023 Pop Century/Rosen LBV 2019 BC/Red Lion Hotel Kissimmee 2017 POR/Floridian Hotel & Suites 2016 Red Lion Hotel Kissimmee 2014(2) Rosen Inn @ Pointe 2014 Rosen Inn International 2009 Rosen Plaza 2006 Travelodge I Drive 2004 Howard Johnsons I Drive
teachx is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 19, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Originally Posted by teachx View Post
There are 4 Blocks/Houses in Magnolia Bend, Arcadian and Magnolia are the the non royal rooms. The royal rooms are in Oak and Parterre if I remember correctly
Great, thanks.
So they are in a good location anyway so no need to request anything?
aqualiv is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 19, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
teachx
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Acadian House & Magnolia Terrace, the two non royal houses are both the same distance from the Main Reception/Pool and the same from Bus Stops. There is a quiet pool as well situated between the two. As far as requests goes, I requested a Mansion Room, and expressed a preference for an upper floor but that was all I said. If you check out Touring Plans website you can check out their room views to give you an idea of views from particular rooms. The photos on my earlier post were from Room 8213

Edited at 03:10 PM.
Old 18 Feb 19, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
saint rob
Serious Dibber

Thanks for help guys. I’ll give touring plans website a look tonight
saint rob is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List