Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

View Poll Results: Is there life after death?
I believe there is life after death 171 36.93%
I don't believe there is life after death 180 38.88%
I am undecided either way 112 24.19%
Voters: 463. You may not vote on this poll

Old 18 Feb 19, 12:00 AM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I voted no. However. There is life after death if you donate your organs. A useful, amazing, modern miracle. Your values also live on through others, good and bad, so that should moderate how we behave now IMO.
Old 18 Feb 19, 12:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Miss_Tangled
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

This thread reminds me of the Alan Partridge phone in

“What happens after we die? Frederick emails to say he has four children. He is the proud father of a new baby boy, Joshua, and his daughter, Susan, five, has just started school.
And he thinks after death, there. is. nothing”
* Tarpon Springs '07 * New York '07 * Hampton Lakes '09 * Mission Park March '11 * Four Corners Sep '11 * Dream Castle DLP December '12 * Florida Pines '14 & Grand Floridian Everglades Suite! * New York City...Surprise 30th December '14 * Lindfields & Grand Floridian September '15 * 1st trip with our little lady! WDW September '17 * DLP February ‘18 * 3 wks POR September '19 *
Miss_Tangled is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 19, 12:41 AM  
Link to this Post
StorybookCircus
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I take comfort in the knowledge that everything on earth has been around in one form or another since the universe began. None of us will ever truly die as our ‘parts’ will live on, albeit in a totally different configuration.
Anyone who has seen the body of a loved one shortly after they passed will know that whatever made them ‘them’ leaves without a trace very quickly. The sight of a body without a person inside it is initially shocking but I found it comforting in a way to know that the body’s inhabitant (their soul, or whatever you might call it!) was gone, and the body that remained could go into the ground and back into the circle of life without anyone inside kicking up a fuss I hope that doesn’t sound too silly or disrespectful.
If a “heaven” does exist, it must be unique for every person because I certainly don’t want to spend eternity with every other person who ever lived and died I hope it’s a bit like Westworld and I get to try out lots of different bodies and different time periods, maybe explore some fictional worlds too. It’s nice to imagine, but I won’t mind if I simply slip away instead. I know I’m going to live on for billions of years in one shape or another!
StorybookCircus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 19, 01:45 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

As a realist, to me, we're born, live life, and die, that's it's, goodnight Vienna. I don't subscribe to any form of afterlife and hold no religion or beliefs, not one... for those who believe/take comfort in both that's superb, good for them
Old 18 Feb 19, 07:25 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Mobile

I’d so hoped for some signs (almost desperately) after losing my parents but no, nothing. They were both believers that there’s life after death.

So I’m afraid I’m in the no camp at the moment.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 19, 08:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Universal VR
Imagineer

It’s very interesting to read different opinions. I’m undecided. My head says no, it’s just not possible but so many things have happened in my life that it makes me wonder. What I do believe though, is that my mum is with me. She’s in who I am. Her body has gone but she lives on. As for a place where they all exist...hmm, I’m not so sure.
Old 18 Feb 19, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1

I think there is life after death and I’m going to come back and find my way to The Haunted House at MK scare dibbers s witless

Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 19, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post
stupet11
Imagineer

Love this conversation, even though I am so firmly in the no camp - it actually scares me more there being an afterlife than there being nothing! And as for a relative appearing before me in this life... I'd freak!

Mum is with me every day in my heart and thoughts, if she suddenly appeared though I'd tell her where to go! (sorry mum, but you know...just don't alright).
2012 Fairfield Inn IDrive 2013 Highland Reserve 2014 Old Key West 2015 Old Key West / Fantasy World 2016 New York / Cypress Pointe 2016 Cane Island 2017 Old Key West 2018 Port Orleans Riverside 2019 Keys / Cruise / Rosen Inn IDrive 2022 Port Orleans Riverside 2023 Idrive / Cruise 2023 Universal Dockside
stupet11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 19, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
cybermum
Imagineer

cybermum's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Yes . I used to be on the fence and feared death a lot. I am sure a lot reading what I say next will laugh at their screens but I am saying it .
My Father passed 2015 from cancer. He was everything to me, my relationship with my Mother is non existent and they were divorced years anyway. He has always been my hero and so when he passed I was devastated. I had what is termed a visitation 'dream' 4 days after he passed over.
I never ever remember dreams, they are usually foggy at best and wacky.
This was vivid and I still remember each detail now as if it were happening now.
He was with my Grandad.. he was stood a short way away from me .
He spoke but his mouth didn't move.I just heard his words ''Its ok pet , its all ok " (he called me pet as a child ) and he was beaming with happiness.
I remember the grass , the water, the overwhelming sense of safety and peace, and love.

Prior to this happening I had spent the few days in panic attacks, crying nonstop and genuinely afraid I had spent the last time with my Dad and never would again.

I woke up after that experience and the best way I can describe it is I felt so so safe and immense love.
I KNEW it was ok, he was ok, that there is something after this.
I was never ever that certain before it and actually would try to disprove people on it.
It was not a religious 'dream' or anything like that, it was a place he was there and he was making sure I knew not to worry.

I have since researched and found similar accounts from many globally, too similar in ways that it causes you to stop and look further.
I recommend Leslie Flint as a source , credible, for finding out more.

I no longer fear what is next , you may not believe it , but that visit changed my life for the better.
cybermum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 19, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

I am also a no...but...

as others have said - we are all but stardust - every atom of my being* has been around since the dawn of time... every atom of my being* will be around until the end of time. I think that is pretty cool.

*or thereabouts.

The fact that having hugged another person or breathed the air they have - you will carry atoms from their being around with you - we can lose so many atoms - or gain so many others - and still be us - we are all the sum of a much bigger life than we think.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List