Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 17 Feb 19, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkstargirl
Very Serious Dibber

Ebay - has anyone experienced this?

I had my old iPhone 7 listed on eBay to end this evening. I started it at £99 and when I checked it with about 20 minutes to go, I was pleasantly surprised to see the bidding was up to £255. I kept re-checking it right up to 30 seconds before the auction finished and it was still on £255.

I've just gone back to my selling page to see if anyone else had bid before it ended, only to find it has been won for £105. I'm completely confused and don't understand what has happened here.

Has this ever happened to anyone else or does anyone understand why this has happened?
pinkstargirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 19, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Have a look at the bid history by clicking on the bids see if someone withdrew a bid at the last minute
Old 17 Feb 19, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
DaveyP
A Guest at All-Stars

yeah, this will be someone over bidding to see what the top bid is. Then retracting. Time wasters.
2023 Disney Dream North Europe
DaveyP is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 19, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jaspercat10 View Post
Have a look at the bid history by clicking on the bids see if someone withdrew a bid at the last minute
Unless it changed recently, you were unable to withdraw a bid at the last minute on ebay.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 19, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkstargirl
Very Serious Dibber

Yep, you're right. A bid of £300 retracted 2 seconds before the auction end. I am so mad! I'd checked the bid history but not the retracted bids - I didn't know you could see those.
pinkstargirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 19, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
Unless it changed recently, you were unable to withdraw a bid at the last minute on ebay.
I thought this too, clearly we are not keeping up with the times. I’m off to make some bids and withdraw them to see if it works
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 19, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

There are so many time wasters on there it makes me so mad, it is a nightmare to sell on Ebay these days completely stacked in the buyers favour with no comeback. Sorry for you :-)
Old 17 Feb 19, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jaspercat10 View Post
There are so many time wasters on there it makes me so mad, it is a nightmare to sell on Ebay these days completely stacked in the buyers favour with no comeback. Sorry for you :-)
We recently had another ebay time waster costing us money and we have decided not to sell any more stuff on there. We don't sell much, but even our old iphones we are keeping as spares because it's not worth the hassle.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 19, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We have sent phones to music magpie recently or taken them to CEX as though we could
Get slightly more on eBay it’s just not worth the hassle with time wasters.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 19, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
I thought this too, clearly we are not keeping up with the times. I’m off to make some bids and withdraw them to see if it works
I didn't either.
OP I wonder if it is a deliberate act 2 people joining 'forces' if the person who retracts the bid is putting off others with a higher bid and withdrawing it last minute to secure an item cheap. Seems like ebay are making it less attractive for sellers to use.
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List