Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 17 Feb 19, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
TC Devon
Imagineer

A night or two by the coast? Is it worth it?

We are nt planning on going until August 2021, but we want to go for three weeks. We will probably stay in a villa, originally planned to have a week on site now that’s changed. I’m worried that free ddp wont be available so it would just be too expensive. So more than likely we will just be villa based. Although we do want a night at HRH.
If I try to add in a night or two by the coast, will I be doing too much. Is it a long drive which beach and hotel is better? The children will be 7 and 10.
Thanks
TC Devon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 19, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I think it’s worth it, Clearwater, Anna Maria island or further to Naples, Cape Coral all beautiful places and you get to see Florida’s gorgeous beaches. You can go on a boat trip and see Dolphins or pick shells and watch the sunset. The Sandbar on Anna Maria island is lovely for lunch x
Old 17 Feb 19, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
TC Devon
Imagineer

Are they a long drive? My son gets car sick although he might have outgrown it by then! My husband is the only driver so I need to sell it to him. Which one would you recommend? What hotel did you use?
Thanks x
TC Devon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 19, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post

Do you intend to go to Busch gardens anyway?

If so, we tend to travel up early morning to Clearwater beach, early afternoon on beach, little toot or high-speed dolphin boat in late after noon. Evening watching sunset. Overnight at Clearwater. Drive to BG first thing. Spend day there and then drive home. Quiet day the next day. (For info - we stay at barefoot bay in Clearwater beach).

Otherwise slightly longer drive but at Augustine's is beautiful. Plenty to see pirates wise and the beach isn't bad either. That can be done in a day but my preference is one to two nights here.

Ami is of course beautiful. But only really worth the drive for a longer stay for us.

Edited at 10:50 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 19, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
TC Devon
Imagineer

No we did nt intend to go to BG, neither child is into big rides so we did nt think it would be worth it.
Thanks for the tips
Old 17 Feb 19, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
mseagle
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by TC Devon View Post
We are nt planning on going until August 2021, but we want to go for three weeks. We will probably stay in a villa, originally planned to have a week on site now that’s changed. I’m worried that free ddp wont be available so it would just be too expensive. So more than likely we will just be villa based. Although we do want a night at HRH.
If I try to add in a night or two by the coast, will I be doing too much. Is it a long drive which beach and hotel is better? The children will be 7 and 10.
Thanks
Couple of nights by the beach is great. We do it a lot, particularly when we are staying out their for a while. We often go to Clearwater. Kids would love that. Drive is about 90 mins from the main Vila’s near Disney so not that long a drive. Could do Busch Gdn on the way. I would definitely recommend doing it.

Beautiful 4 Bedroom Villa with private pool and spa on the popular High Grove Community

Lovely view over a conservation area

Villa website : www.floridavillausa.com
mseagle is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 19, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post
TC Devon
Imagineer

Thank you. The children would love it, husband is the one that would need persuading.
Old 17 Feb 19, 11:43 PM  
Link to this Post
steve@mac155.f
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
If you want something with a bit of a slower pace and not mega busy have a look over on the Atlantic coast between Melbourne and Sebastian inlet great beach with no crowds, easy to get to just follow the 192 until it ends and then turn right down the A1A.

Steve
steve@mac155.f is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 19, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
mseagle
Apprentice Imagineer

What even a boat trip to spot the Dolphins 😉

Beautiful 4 Bedroom Villa with private pool and spa on the popular High Grove Community

Lovely view over a conservation area

Villa website : www.floridavillausa.com
mseagle is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 19, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Mobile

We booked two nights in Clearwater last October and really enjoyed it. We ended up adding an extra night there as it was a lovely change of pace from the theme parks. As someone already said it was an easy 90 min drive.
August 2021 - Anthem of the seas UK mini cruise Trip report *completed*
Vegas/LA Aug 22 - Trip Report In Progress
Milpston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List