Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 Feb 19, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Big Jim
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by justmagical View Post
Yes exactly this too

We call them scatterers 🤣

Apply for everything and anything whether suitable, have skills or not and law of averages means you’ll get something!
We now have it directed to our website where they can complete an application form. We were told (unofficially after complaining of this) that job seekers have to prove they are applying for work. By sending a CV via Indeed they're covered so, of course, you get all those who are just 'crossing t's and dotting i's' in order to continue getting their benefit.
Big Jim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 19, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Mobile

Is he writing role specific covering letters?
Old 18 Feb 19, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
He writes covering letters, only applies if he thinks he can do the job. He has been told to just apply for everything but he won’t, he’s too sacred he will get a job and can’t do it! Indeed has been his main source but not anymore.
Old 18 Feb 19, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
cherub85
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

My dd aged 16 almost 17 gas also been applying for a lot of jobs through indeed and hasn’t had much luck. Your post has made me wonder if she’s had the same problems as your son. Luckily she got a job at McDonald’s on Friday so is very happy!
cherub85 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 19, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

This must be so frustrating for him. I really hope he gets somewhere now he is applying directly to the companies
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 19, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I don't rate it to be fair, when I had to filter the 200+ applications for a part time receptionist there were people wanting London, willing to locate and other irrelevant/unsuitable criteria. It did mean I had to be fairly ruthless with the weeding out.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 19, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Shani
Imagineer

My son (18 and last year of 6th form) had been applying for loads of part time jobs online - either indeed or directly with whoever was advertising. He was getting a little despondent and eventually listened to us, and actually went to ask for a job in person. He got the first job he went and asked for! Ok, it's only a part time job for now whilst he finishes his A levels but I firmly believe sometimes a personal touch is needed to give that little push. He even said himself it wasn't nearly as nerve wracking as he'd thought it'd be!
2022 - Margaritaville & RPR --- 2023 - Villa & RPR & Surfside
Shani is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List