Notices

View Poll Results: Where do you stay when in Orlando?
Onsite at Disney 88 37.29%
Offsite 86 36.44%
Split stay 62 26.27%
Voters: 236. You may not vote on this poll

Old 21 Jul 16, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Pavilion1983 View Post
Following with interest. We looking at trying to stay on site next time so seeing peoples opinions is really useful
Where do you normally stay?
Old 21 Jul 16, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by 2littleboys View Post
We stayed in a villa on our first visit in 2010 and then onsite at Disney last year, we are now insite converted, loved everything about it. However I don't know if we will always be able to afford it, so that's my only worry as it becomes more and more expensive every year.
I've heard quite a few people say that once they've stayed onsite they've been converted! I'm really excited about staying onsite for the first time but I wonder if I will miss the space and ability to do laundry. Time will tell. I'm assuming that if you're now onsite people that you don't miss those things? What is it about staying onsite that you prefer?
Old 25 Jul 16, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Pavilion1983
Imagineer

Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
Where do you normally stay?
We stayed just outside Universal and the Holiday inn last time. And whilst its was okay It was the location that was the best thing about it
Old 25 Jul 16, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

We stayed just outside Universal and the Holiday inn last time. And whilst its was okay It was the location that was the best thing about it

And a lot cheaper than Disney no doubt!
Old 26 Jul 16, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Pavilion1983
Imagineer

And a lot cheaper than Disney no doubt!
Yeah but when you factor in the parking fees and 20 minute drive there and back everyday and the fact we ate at Disney quite a lot (i know we could have gone elsewhere) it wasn't that far off. This is why we are considering onsite next time.

It was also part of a Thomson package and after finding the Dibb after we had booked we now realise that we can get a much better deal DIY
(finger crossed )
Old 26 Jul 16, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
2littleboys
Imagineer

2littleboys's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I've heard quite a few people say that once they've stayed onsite they've been converted! I'm really excited about staying onsite for the first time but I wonder if I will miss the space and ability to do laundry. Time will tell. I'm assuming that if you're now onsite people that you don't miss those things? What is it about staying onsite that you prefer?
Just the hassle free laid back attitude of it all, the transportation system is fab, we don't like driving so this worked wonders for us. We did visit Universal and The Outlets, but used Uber when were going out of Disney so that's another service I would highly recommend.

We stayed in a studio at SSR with our 2 boys, and I never once felt too cramped, we were hardly in the room with the world of Disney on our doorstep there was too much to do. I also managed to do some laundry which was never a chore as the laundry was right at the pool, I would stick a load on and read my kindle at the side of the pool whilst the kids played.

The free dining plan is another major factor, the choice of not just restaurants but dining experiences as a whole is amazing, character meals for the kids, signature meals for us! Just amazing and I cant wait to do it all again next year.

The holiday as a whole can be expensive but we didn't spend a lot when we were there, as most food and drink was included. We ended up with loads of credits left as it was too much eating, even for us

Edited at 11:36 AM.
2littleboys is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 16, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Yeah but when you factor in the parking fees and 20 minute drive there and back everyday and the fact we ate at Disney quite a lot (i know we could have gone elsewhere) it wasn't that far off. This is why we are considering onsite next time.

It was also part of a Thomson package and after finding the Dibb after we had booked we now realise that we can get a much better deal DIY
(finger crossed )
That is also true, parking at the parks certainly isn't cheap these days!
Old 26 Jul 16, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by 2littleboys View Post
Just the hassle free laid back attitude of it all, the transportation system is fab, we don't like driving so this worked wonders for us. We did visit Universal and The Outlets, but used Uber when were going out of Disney so that's another service I would highly recommend.

We stayed in a studio at SSR with our 2 boys, and I never once felt too cramped, we were hardly in the room with the world of Disney on our doorstep there was too much to do. I also managed to do some laundry which was never a chore as the laundry was right at the pool, I would stick a load on and read my kindle at the side of the pool whilst the kids played.

The free dining plan is another major factor, the choice of not just restaurants but dining experiences as a whole is amazing, character meals for the kids, signature meals for us! Just amazing and I cant wait to do it all again next year.

The holiday as a whole can be expensive but we didn't spend a lot when we were there, as most food and drink was included. We ended up with loads of credits left as it was too much eating, even for us
Sounds great! I can't wait to try it! 😃
Old 27 Jul 16, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
alisonjones
Imagineer

alisonjones's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 20
Although we do like a villa, staying on site just edges it for us. Love being in the Disney bubble
Old 27 Jul 16, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by alisonjones View Post
Although we do like a villa, staying on site just edges it for us. Love being in the Disney bubble
Do you have a particular resort that you always stay at?