Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 21 May 19, 06:53 AM  
Link to this Post
skstorm
VIP Dibber

are you still looking for a split stay or are you staying at Beach club for the full duration now?
Old 21 May 19, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by skstorm View Post
are you still looking for a split stay or are you staying at Beach club for the full duration now?
No- split stay still. Still between OKW and Wilderness Lodge. Would have liked BLT but little chance at Xmas, great resort- will waitlist it but little chance of it coming up, maybe a chance of Lake view at BLT- but more points, then again I saved points going for Beach Club over Riviera. Mmmm, may do that, whichever I pick out of BRV and OKW, I think I will waitlist a BLT lake. That would be the perfect Xmas trip if it came off- 6 nights Beach Club 1 bed, 5 Nights BLT 1 bed. But first world problems- it is not as if BRV or OKW are no good is it
I do not want to go too much into points borrowing deficit (borrowed some last summer) and I am hoping for a 1 bed at Grand Californian in Summer 2020 then maybe another 5 nights in a 1 bed at WDW so I need to retain enough points as those 1 beds are pricey, especially that Grand California- very points heavy but I would rather stop there than a nearby hotel as I have never stayed there! Maybe I need more points?

Edited at 02:54 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 19, 11:59 PM  
Link to this Post

we love OKW

though after staying the the Poly last time, we said we wouldnt mind to try WL, but the " hotelness " of it puts us of, AKV kidani was like that
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 19, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Thanks for everyone's input- I was still thinking of going with Wilderness Lodge for the Christmas vibe, but I just saw a couple of posts elsewhere saying that the path to Wilderness Lodge and the access road are all closed off whilst they build Reflections (next 2 years). As such if you like a run, you are confined to running around the car park apparently like at AKL- and that is out for us. We do love the canal path that goes from OKW to SSR and then DS- lovely run that if you go around SSR also (maybe I will spot some refurb action?!) and around DS then back to OKW. So OKW it is...
Old 26 May 19, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Update- I did it- the beauty of 1 Beds.

So I booked OKW, near hospitality house this morning and put in a waitlist for BLT.

Thought I would have a look at BLT an hour later- suddenly more availibility had popped up but not the last night. Mmmm.

So I did another search just to see what happened when it refreshed. It appeared for all the nights.

So quickly went to amend the OKW reservation and booked BLT.

Then cancelled waitlist.

Just goes to show that 'stalking' as its known can beat the waitlist- which had not fulfilled.

So now I have 1 bed at Beach Club, and 1 bed at BLT booked for Xmas. This is the busiest Xmas I have ever seen and the busiest time of the year- seems to be Star Wars effect. But still in 1 beds, you can secure the dream trip, the power of the 1 bed to 'sleep around'- if you have the points.