Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 31 May 19, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
fraser301
Apprentice Imagineer

Tables in Wonderland query

We have a TIW card and since we visit several times a year it represents good value one of the additional perks is free valet parking if eating at a resort. We are coming at the end of July and have paid for the dining plan for the first three days my question is can we secure the free valet parking if using the dining plan and showing my TIW card ?
fraser301 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 19, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Mmm, never thought of that before.

I would say yes as the T & C's don't preclude it namely -

If you are dining at a Disney Resort with valet parking and are using your TIW card, they will waive the valet parking fee. Be sure to advise the attendant and present your restaurant receipt to have the fee waived.

I would argue that the free DDP is actually paid for anyhow within a package of room and ticket. Plus you have a restaurant receipt timed and dated. Job done.

Edit. By the way you have posted this in 2 separate forums!

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976

Edited at 01:04 PM.
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 19, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
fraser301
Apprentice Imagineer

Tom

Thank you yes I know I have posted it twice not too sure if it comes under the DVC or food forum ?
fraser301 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 19, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
I think you are good to go and would challenge them if they tried to charge you.

Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 19, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
KeithOP
Serious Dibber

It's one to ask the team at WDW.Tables.In.Wonderland@disney.com

The problem we have with anything in the slightest bit out of the ordinary with TiW is that they are very strict on seeing the receipt marked with TiW on it used to "pay" the bill. If it doesn't say that, then they don't provide free valet.

For example... we paid for a meal and showed TiW. They took the 20% off and added their gratuity on but the discount showed as something generic "f&g 20% summer" or something weird. They'd obviously selected some generic discount just to get the 20%. When we came to the valet they turned us down and demanded payment because they have to staple the receipt clearly showing TiW on it to account for the free valet.

We argued about it a while but they were adamant. In the end, a CM overheard and said "just go buy a coke at the bar with the TiW card and get the receipt" so we did and ironically, whereas they wouldnt use the $250 dinner receipt they were happy with the $5 coke receipt.

Sooooo all I'd say is, worth checking the official line on that one
KeithOP is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 19, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by KeithOP View Post
It's one to ask the team at WDW.Tables.In.Wonderland@disney.com

The problem we have with anything in the slightest bit out of the ordinary with TiW is that they are very strict on seeing the receipt marked with TiW on it used to "pay" the bill. If it doesn't say that, then they don't provide free valet.

For example... we paid for a meal and showed TiW. They took the 20% off and added their gratuity on but the discount showed as something generic "f&g 20% summer" or something weird. They'd obviously selected some generic discount just to get the 20%. When we came to the valet they turned us down and demanded payment because they have to staple the receipt clearly showing TiW on it to account for the free valet.

We argued about it a while but they were adamant. In the end, a CM overheard and said "just go buy a coke at the bar with the TiW card and get the receipt" so we did and ironically, whereas they wouldnt use the $250 dinner receipt they were happy with the $5 coke receipt.

Sooooo all I'd say is, worth checking the official line on that one
Good post. I will remember that albeit it will never affect us as we don't have the DDP.

Old 2 Jun 19, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

Just buy an extra drink or an app with dinner and use the TIW on that. The discount will be on the bill then.
Old 2 Jun 19, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Florida-Sarah
Apprentice Imagineer

Florida-Sarah's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by gavvy View Post
Just buy an extra drink or an app with dinner and use the TIW on that. The discount will be on the bill then.
Yes, you can’t get free valet unless you have used your TIW card at the resort. They ask to see r dining / bar receipt to waive the fee.

As the above poster said, we have popped to a resort to meet friends and have purchased drinks on our TIW card and got free valet so I see no reason why you couldn’t ask for an appetiser or drinks so be paid for separately using TIW.

WDW: 1992, 1993, 1996, 1998, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 x2, 2017, 2018, 2019 x 2

DCL: Disney Dream 2017, Disney Fantasy 2019
Florida-Sarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 19, 06:15 AM  
Link to this Post
fraser301
Apprentice Imagineer

Thank you for your advice