Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 19 May 19, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

I would write to Virgin detailing everything that you feel they did to not assist with the situation explaining it from the safety aspect and not from a personal aspect.

Even if it helps with their retraining programme it could avoid this happening to other people.

The attitude of the passenger did not help at all, I would not climb over a passenger to access my seat nor would I be dictated to by them what I could or could'nt drink and the fact I could'nt use the loo ( I sit on an aisle seat due to the fact I have a tiny bladder).
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 19, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Mumsy554
Gone all Goofy

I wouldn't let another passenger( disabled or not) dictate to me if I could go to the toilet on a plane especially if they had an attitude,I would just get passed him as best I could,and I'm sorry but if he didn't like it tough.No-one should be able to inconvenience two passengers beside them on a plane

Edited at 03:29 PM.
Mumsy554 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 19, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Can I ask how you were actually or how you did actually get in to your seats?
I am 5'1" & there is no way I could have climbed over anything without standing on the mans legs at the very least & had I had a skirt on at the time there is no way in hell my DH would have expected me to lift up my skirt to my knickers in order to attempt a climb over in front of a dozen other people watching me! I am honestly wondering how on earth you could manage to climb over considering the overhead baggage compartments too?
The bottom line is this is a health & safety matter & I would have at the very least asked for the FSM to come (probably from Upper) and address the situation not just one of the cabin crew.
Old 19 May 19, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
jemima2
Imagineer

I am almost sure that there has to be access in and out of seats? Surely this is a regular occurance so what happens then? Where do people with severe mobility issues get seated on the plane? Putting aside for a moment the fact the man was so rude and seemingly happy for you to be trapped... (not knowing his side of course). In no way would I be happy to leave it and accept it. You have paid for a seat with the basic comforts of going to the toilet! I would not have accepted it at the time I don't think... Altho no one seemed to have been interested when you expressed it! I would not have sat there knowing I could not get out 😩

Edited at 04:42 PM.
jemima2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 19, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Chilli-pepper
Imagineer

Aside from all the other comments, did the crew bother to check if you had a connecting flight?, the 30/40 min extra wait could have been the difference between making and missing a connecting flight.

We have been held back before on a couple of flights due to medical assistance needed and waiting for the paramedics before we could leave the aircraft, but both times there was an announcement to make yourselves known to the crew if you had a connecting flight to make.
Chilli-pepper is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 19, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

I think the OP needs to write to virgin pointing it out so that this situation is addressed for the future as no one should have to travel like that.

I think virgin should offer something for the inconvenience as you cant enjoy your flight fully. Fingers crossed that neither one suddenly gets a DVT!
Old 19 May 19, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Pjamas
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

OP I’m really interested in what Virgin say. Basically you repeatedly asked to go to the loo and they repeatedly said no. This is totally their issue as if you request this assistance and it is removed that is a serious breach of rights. Can you ask them what you should have done?
Pjamas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 19, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

Mobile

I write to them to point out the issues if only so they are aware of the issues.
I was (early) pregnant on a flight to Florida and the man on aisle was sound asleep. I ended up having to climb over him as I was desperate for the loo. Luckily he didn't wake up!
Old 19 May 19, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
moocat17
I want to go now!

I think the OP was far far to nice in this situation, I respect your restraint here.

i am far to short, round and grumpy to climb around anyone - disabled or not.
so they would have lost that time slot as I could and would not have attempted to clamber over anyone without causing bodily harm at hip level
i will drink and eat it is a long flight, and when i have to pee I have to pee so you better move

the OP's situation was the fault of the unthinking cabin crew who just wanted bums on seat so they didn't miss the take off slot regardless of the appropriateness or safety of the individual passenger or where they were sitting, as well as the man himself who does he think he is dictating to the OP that they could not move, eat, drink or pee

i got stuck in the window seat coming home last time by a chunky man who man spread then he fell asleep, however when i had to go i poked him awake and told him i had to go so asked him to move, then poked the recliners in the row in front so l could get out, as i do have a tendency to pull and push on those head rests when i move when they are soo close.
so it just highlights that on any flight this or similar can happen to anyone
be polite with a with a don' t mess with me smile and stick to your guns

Edited at 10:55 PM.
moocat17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 19, 12:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

I if I can have a window seat I've a issue with toilets outside our homes / accomadation I can't clean
If I Can't have a wopindow seat then sit a middle aisle or centre seat
I've used a rest room twice on a flight both were 15 hours +
But DH would have been absolutly adamant he was not sitting down if he couldn't get out
We organise our park visits round rest rooms due to his hydration
Needs and also on a flight it's not nice to see him become very ill very quickly if he can't get a drink or go to the toilet cause he has to drink so much
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List