Link to this Post
Leanne1977
Imagineer

Leanne1977's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Mobile

Originally Posted by Powlay View Post
As a kid Christmas was awesome, a few weeks off school. Dark nights, everyone tree's and lights viable through the windows. Football on a morning, come back throw off our muddy clothes and get a shower and warm by the fire ready for the movies that would be coming on as it was dark.

Playing with new toys after father christmas came, new caseys (footballs), new tops, and if you were lucky new keepers gloves. Then the same through new year. Having family round, then going outside for 12 to bring in the new year. Looking down our street and walking to the wall to shake hands with the many other men and sons stood outside bringing in the new year to their homes. Passing about coal so we all had some, passing about silver coins, and breaking open loafs of bread. Then knocking and going in. (i also had to do this at a few other houses where women were single or had lost their husbands etc and of course i didnt mind this because there were two stunners on our street who would invite me in then id get a new years kiss and ahem... more as i got older haha )

Now as a adult, i see friends and family taking down the christmas decorations a few days after the day and boxing it all up and tidying up. They have kids and i think to myself whats the point? Why go to all the trouble of spending a huge amount to close Christmas down a day after?

Dont get me wrong i understand situations like the opening posters, youre going away dont want to come back to it.

But loads of people are not going away and do it. Sad times. Christmas is more than a day!
Love this! Reminds me so much of growing up and precious times with family members who are no longer with us. ❤️ Ours will come down between 3rd and 6th Jan.

WDW Villa Jul/Aug 2005
DLP SL Jan/Feb 2006, DCR Feb 2007, Cheyenne Feb 2008, NB Nov 2009, Ibis July 2010
WDW Pop Sept 2006
WDW ASM/HRH/POP Sept 2007 free DDP
WDW Regal Sun/SSR/CIAS May 2008
WDW CIAS/RPR/Cypress Pointe GV Aug 2008
WDW Highgate Park/AKV/BCV Dec 2008
WDW SSR/Pop May 2009
WDW RPR/BCV/BWV/VB/VWL/OKW/Kidani/DCL Jul/Aug 2009
WDW Dibb Villa/Regal Sun May 2010
WDW BCV/VB/DCL Oct/Nov 2010 Wedding trip!
WDW SSR/Dibb Villa/VB Oct 2011 1st wedding anniversary trip!
WDW OKW/VB/Peabody Aug 2013
Leanne1977 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 18, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

I've always taken ours down on twelvth night cos I'm superstitious lol, but we have a new sofa and furniture coming tomorrow so I'm tempted to take the tree down tonight but leave rest of decorations on place... Hedging my bets then, dog broke my make up mirror other day I don't need any more superstition stress 🙄🙄😉
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 18, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
dubletrub
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Mobile

Took my tree down this morning, will go away when son is home this evening and he can get the box out of the loft.
Christmas is over now, people off back to work, no little ones in the house who care. Don't celebrate New Year now my hubby isnt here so may as well have the space back.
dubletrub is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 18, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Kd0758
Very Serious Dibber

I’m not sure when we’ll take ours down. We’re done with Christmas activities for this year now and we don’t celebrate new year so it feels weird having them up. Just feels like too much hassle at the moment though.

It’s each to their own - I love the build up to Christmas, I love Christmas Day itself but afterwards I just want some normality and to me that’s having the house back to how it usually is.
Kd0758 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 18, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
taylaboo
Imagineer

Mobile

Ours come down on the 2nd. Have had Christmas and new year and want to get back to normal after that.
Villa at Champions Gate -2019
Rosen Hotel May 2023
taylaboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 18, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

Noo, can't take it down yet, want to make Christmas last as long as possible! Will be down before 5th though as it's ds birthday and like clear before then!
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 18, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post
sharonb
Imagineer

Took all 3 of our trees down this morning, I like to start the New Year with a clean house.

Sharon
May 2004 villa in Kissimmee
April 2005 villa in Kissimmee
May 2006 HRH, Hilton Grand Vacation I Drive, Villa on Rolling Hills
Christmas 2006, Fairfield Inn, LBV
Christmas 2007, Springhill Suites LBV, Hard Rock Hotel, POFQ
July/Aug 2008 5 weeks CSR, HGVC Seaworld, HRH

Future Trips: Orlando Aug 09
Orlando Christmas 09 with Mum and Dad
sharonb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 18, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Ours will come down next week . I also don’t get putting it up in November then taking it down in the full swing of Christmas either. Ours only went up the week before Christmas , But as they say each to their own .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 18, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Twin mummy
Imagineer

Twin mummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
I'm another one who doesn't get the put them up early and take them down as soon as Christmas Day is over.
We love the time between Christmas and New Year, to us that is as much a part of Christmas as Christmas Day, but then again I'm not back at work until the 9th Jan, kids off till the 8th and husband off until the 2nd so this is our relaxing time.

So decorations will be up until New Years Day at the earliest, maybe even until 12th night.
Old 28 Dec 18, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We put ours up in early Dec - MUCH earlier than usual.

DH took ours down yesterday while I was at work.

Ours always come down between Xmas and New Years Eve as its DH birthday on 1 Jan and we like them gone by then!
katiec68 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List