Notices
Photo, Video & Vlogs Photography, Video and Vlog discussions

Old 5 Mar 19, 07:48 AM  
Link to this Post
scouser
Imagineer

It was interesting to watch them on their recent disney cruise they took, they didn't really seem to rave about it, and got ripped off in the on board spa. I was always on the fence wether to do a disney cruise, and to be honest they didn't sell it to me.

Edited at 07:49 AM. Reason: typo
scouser is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 19, 07:50 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I’m a bit bored of Tim Tracker now. He seems to do so much going around shops etc, at home blogs (not interested) and sponsored stuff with freebie trips. Adam Hatton is getting freebies also but normally his videos are more interesting (save for this weeks that was pretty dire, and you get a bit sick of hearing about how tired he is with a headache etc- try a real job pal!)
Old 5 Mar 19, 08:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Disneyfreaks
Imagineer

Mobile

We agree, we much preferred it before when the trackers were exploring places from a tourist point of view - I don’t begrudge them the freebies though - who wouldn’t take them if offered - we just preferred it when they were more like us !

Bit bored with their home blogs now, we don’t really care about what they’re having for breakfast or making for lunch..but their house is nice & bandits really cute ! 😂
Disneyfreaks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 19, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Big Donald 1983
slightly serious Dibber

“Sold out” that’s a bit dramatic 😂
I think the free stuff they get is fine as long as they stay objective, which up to this point they have.
Big Donald 1983 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 19, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Pookie3101
Imagineer

Pookie3101's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile

I don’t have a problem with it. They are always very upfront and honest when they have been gifted something. You are meant to declare on You Tube but there are plenty that don’t.
They are getting to experience more and I always find the reviews honest. If they don’t like something or they think it’s over priced they will say so. They don’t paint everything Disney as perfect.
They’ve spent the last goodness knows how many years paying for themselves so it’s about time they were rewarded for the job they do.

DLP NBC - 2008, DLP SL- 2009, DLP SL, 2010.
AKL - 2014, POR - 2016
Pookie3101 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 19, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

I don't see a problem with the freebies they get because at least they are up front about it. The home blogs don't get many views and we don't usually bother with them.

I guess they are rather restricted what they film with there not being enough parks for new material everyday.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 19, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
limmy
Imagineer

limmy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Good on them. They've vlogged for over 10 years. They can now do it as a job (and not the easy one people assume) and they've managed to get a lovely new home.
Advertisers used to pay millions to go on telly but now for gifting or relatively minor pay outs they can advertise to 600k target audience - just like that. It's the way advertising is going.
They are always very honest with their reviews and it gives us the chance to see and experience new events before deciding to spend our money. I am super happy for them.

They're not bragging when they disclose, that's due to the ASA guidelines as people were duping their followers with unknown advertising.
DCL 2019
limmy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 19, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
They can’t win really can they , if they did a park vlog every day people would moan , home vlog people moan etc. If you don’t like the title don’t watch it . It must be really difficult producing something every day and extremely costly as well. At least the freebies and income will now be balancing things for them. I have no idea how they moved house and still vlogged, credit to them really .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 19, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I don’t have an issue with it at all. I think they still give objective opinions and I agree with others that this probably took a lot of work for many years and now they’re doing it for a living. No different than many other Youtubers. Actually I quite like it because they’re able to do videos on things they probably wouldn’t have paid for in the past due to the expense so they’re showing more of what’s on offer at Disney.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 19, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
HevaDuck
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Still love the Trackers been watching them for about 8 years. Good on them getting these Disney freebies they've given them years of free advertising
HevaDuck is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List