Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 15 May 19, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
robbo21982
Being a bit Goofy

Moonlight Magic

We're staying at AKL on 22nd August and will hopefully be getting tickets for the Moonlight Magic event for that evening. We have friends who are staying at AKL for 2 weeks but are not DVC members. Is there any way that we could get them tickets do you think? I could book a 2 bed at SSR for us all but would be 'losing' 34 points to do so. Any suggestions?
Sept 15 - Rosen Inn @ Pointe | Sept 16 - Caribbean Beach Resort | August 17 - Animal Kingdom Lodge | May 18 - Polynesian Resort | Aug 18 - Clarion Inn at Lake Buena Vista | Aug 19 - Universal's Aventura Hotel | Oct 19 - Clarion Inn at Lake Buena Vista | Aug 21 - Hard Rock & Coronado Springs | Xmas 21 - Polynesian | August 22 - Royal Pacific Resort, Old Key West & Bay Lake Tower
robbo21982 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 19, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Think you can take guests can't you, or could. Remember the whole point is not to give a benefit really but as a marketing exercise for DVD (Ken Potrock said that's why they do them at the Dec 17 meeting) so they WANT non members to attend.
Old 15 May 19, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Mobile

How many are in your party and how many in theirs?

If you are a two and they are a two just put two random names on your studio?
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 19, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
robbo21982
Being a bit Goofy

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Think you can take guests can't you, or could. Remember the whole point is not to give a benefit really but as a marketing exercise for DVD (Ken Potrock said that's why they do them at the Dec 17 meeting) so they WANT non members to attend.
Originally Posted by 2point View Post
How many are in your party and how many in theirs?

If you are a two and they are a two just put two random names on your studio?

It says member plus 3 which accounts for my wife, 2 kids and I. Our friends are a family of 4 so we'd be wanting 4 additional guests and the only way I can see this year is to have a reservation with us all on it.
Sept 15 - Rosen Inn @ Pointe | Sept 16 - Caribbean Beach Resort | August 17 - Animal Kingdom Lodge | May 18 - Polynesian Resort | Aug 18 - Clarion Inn at Lake Buena Vista | Aug 19 - Universal's Aventura Hotel | Oct 19 - Clarion Inn at Lake Buena Vista | Aug 21 - Hard Rock & Coronado Springs | Xmas 21 - Polynesian | August 22 - Royal Pacific Resort, Old Key West & Bay Lake Tower
robbo21982 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 19, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

I don't know the ins and outs of the new rules but it appears they tightened up on them to boost the number of actual DVC members getting a slot.

Edited at 02:58 PM. Reason: I can't count
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 19, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
robbo21982
Being a bit Goofy

Originally Posted by 2point View Post
Have you got a card each?

If you have couldn't you 'move' one of you to the AKL booking, so you have a DVC member in each unit, then get the plus 3 on both?

I don't know the ins and outs of the new rules but it appears they tightened up on them to boost the number of actual DVC members getting a slot.
Yes but under the same membership number so that won't work. I've got a few weeks to try to figure something out
Old 15 May 19, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Kellea
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Are they staying in their own booking or have you used your points to book their accommodation?
I know rules have changed and I’m not sure how but when we went in 2017 we had our reservation and I used points to book my daughter and her boyfriend accommodation in the poly (we were in BLT). All 7 of us were fine. I’m not sure if the rules have changed in that capacity x

1993, 2008, 2011 OKW villas 17 nights ( thanks to Irene , 2013 3 nights Renaissance Seaworld, 3 nights HRH Club, 16 nights OKW and DxDDP, 2014 5 nights HRH Club, 16 nights OKW. 2015 15 nights Sheraton Vistana Villages. 2016 3 nights Sheraton New York Times Square, 3 nights HRH club level, 16 night AKL SV, 2 nights BLT. 2017 5 nights OKW, 5 nights BWV, 7 nights BLT, 4 nights HRH club. 2019 3 nights Renaissance (SW), 4 nights HRH CL, 7 nights BLT LV, 7 nights AKL SV

KELLEA
Kellea is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 19, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
robbo21982
Being a bit Goofy

There are no rooms available with a low enough points value to warrant booking them a room and 'wasting' the points. Might appeal to Guest Services at some point and see if there's anything available as I know our friends were considering DVC points. Appreciate the replies peeps! Cheers
Old 18 May 19, 06:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Jack Daniel's
VIP Dibber

If they have rented points from someone, get the owner to apply for the tickets? would that work, though they may need the DVC blue card & ID to get in
2013 Aulani / Disneyland Hotel
2010/13/16/17/18/19 DLRP
2009 POR 2008 POR
2007 Caribbean Beach Resort
2004 Orlando International Resort Int` Drive
1994 Holiday Inn Int` Drive
1993 Comfort Inn 1992 Continental Plaza
1991 Howard Johnston 1990 Holiday Inn Int` Drive
Jack Daniel's is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 19, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Elise79
Imagineer

Mobile

Unless you are all on your booking I don’t see a way to do it.

It’s the member plus three guests or up to the number of people on the reservation.

These events sell out fast with people sticking to the rules so I’m not sure you’d get anywhere as by the time you could ask it would be sold out.

They have also added this year if you cancel your room booking after booking MM using the advance booking window the your MM booking will be cancelled
Elise79 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List