Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 13 Jun 19, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Unfortunately it's claimed it's selling fast. Owners will be v mad.
Not good 😏 Some work some don’t I guess. Another example was Reunion Station, thankfully that failed 👍🏼 Feel sorry for those that booked based on being able to view the fireworks from there 😕
Old 13 Jun 19, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Done some digging. It's already sold OUT- no doubt to many who were not booked into DVC/ BLT and local DVC members, at the expense of those booked into BLT, last minute event announced. Given that vast majority of those booked in will be owners (11 month window, busiest time of year) it's the owners who are suffering.
And they have ALREADY blacked out 31/12 for it. Who knows how much that one will be. I feel for owners who had bookings.
From a selfish perspective they haven't blacked out 30/12 yet- I say yet, as the lure of the $$$ may prove too much. But I'd expect it to be at capacity very early now even without blackout.
So the management are clearly quite prepared to upset their members and owners, who have had the trip booked nearly a year, to make some quick $$$.
Never buy for perks.
Old 13 Jun 19, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
It’s not a great venue for children anyway. There is a large high wall and younger children can’t see over it.
We ended up watching from inside through the glass as my dd couldn’t see anything.
Children in this sense Bev include teenagers - my kids are 15/12 and would like it, but if I had to pay $120 a head including tax and gratuity they certainly won't be experiencing it. For a family, it's telephone numbers.
Old 13 Jun 19, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
... I am now really worried they’ll do this New Year’s Eve- think it’s almost a given.
I think there will be a lot of disappointed DVC members staying at BLT on points who wont realize this. They do run the special fireworks on the 3rd of July as well so members can (hopefully) watch them from the lounge then. Also if they do make the 31st a paid event - and if this is as popular as you say then that's likely, they also show the NYE fireworks on the 30th so hopefully you can get to see them then.

I'm a BLT owner and bought my points on opening day, right from the start it was made clear that the ToTWL was not part of my contract, it was a perk that they could remove at any time. I would be disappointed if members could no longer use it to watch the fireworks but I didn't decide to own there for the lounge. I bought BLT because I love the short walk into Magic Kingdom, the easy access to the other monorail resorts and WL and the whole ambiance of the area it's set in.

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 19, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Done some digging. It's already sold OUT- no doubt to many who were not booked into DVC/ BLT and local DVC members, at the expense of those booked into BLT, last minute event announced. Given that vast majority of those booked in will be owners (11 month window, busiest time of year) it's the owners who are suffering.
And they have ALREADY blacked out 31/12 for it. Who knows how much that one will be. I feel for owners who had bookings.
From a selfish perspective they haven't blacked out 30/12 yet- I say yet, as the lure of the $$$ may prove too much. But I'd expect it to be at capacity very early now even without blackout.
So the management are clearly quite prepared to upset their members and owners, who have had the trip booked nearly a year, to make some quick $$$.
Never buy for perks.
As you say, never buy for Perks. However this is a Members Lounge and we all know that DVD can close it or amend its use as they see fit.

Now if they decided that only BLT Owners could use it on specific dates then I would agree with that concept. But to charge those Owners and all others for a very significant event is greed personified. Nothing surprises me with Igers crew anymore.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 19, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Mobile

Originally Posted by TinkTatoo View Post
I'm a BLT owner and bought my points on opening day, right from the start it was made clear that the ToTWL was not part of my contract, it was a perk that they could remove at any time. I would be disappointed if members could no longer use it to watch the fireworks but I didn't decide to own there for the lounge. I bought BLT because I love the short walk into Magic Kingdom, the easy access to the other monorail resorts and WL and the whole ambiance of the area it's set in.
Same here Jakki but I’d be mighty disappointed if I was staying there over 4th July and Christmas this year. I just hope it’s open to all every other day of the year.
BarryandCaron is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 19, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Haven't those dates always technically been blockout dates? I'm pretty sure that's how it was worded previously.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 19, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Originally Posted by 2point View Post
Haven't those dates always technically been blockout dates? I'm pretty sure that's how it was worded previously.
Previously they were block out dates unless you were staying at BLT.
BarryandCaron is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 19, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by BarryandCaron View Post
Same here Jakki but I’d be mighty disappointed if I was staying there over 4th July and Christmas this year. I just hope it’s open to all every other day of the year.
So would I if I'd already booked to stay there this year, it would be different if you already knew that when you booked.

It's widely reported that the ToTWL is operating at a loss. We've often been up there and it isn't busy at all but loads of people arrive just before the fireworks and leave immediately afterwards without ever buying a drink. If paid events on certain days of the year keeps the space open the rest of the time then I'm all for it. Otherwise it could turn into another Attic at Boardwalk Villas and be closed to members permanently.

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 19, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Originally Posted by TinkTatoo View Post
So would I if I'd already booked to stay there this year, it would be different if you already knew that when you booked.

It's widely reported that the ToTWL is operating at a loss. We've often been up there and it isn't busy at all but loads of people arrive just before the fireworks and leave immediately afterwards without ever buying a drink. If paid events on certain days of the year keeps the space open the rest of the time then I'm all for it. Otherwise it could turn into another Attic at Boardwalk Villas and be closed to members permanently.
Not sure TOTWL ran a loss the nights we’ve been up there together 😂

I know what you mean though, when the lounge was only open to members staying at BLT it was always quiet. We love it up there and visit every trip. A few paid for events wouldn’t bother me as an owner there.