Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 29 Jul 19, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Favourite DVC resort & why?

No point to this post, just interested to hear other peoples opinions on different resorts.

My favourites are my 2 home resorts (obviously)

Polynesian: The rooms are huge and the double bathroom is a godsend for us. All of Ava's stuff goes in the main bathroom and we have the shower room to ourselves. Love the fact that I can see the castle from the lobby and the pool. Love sitting outside at Trader Sams for a few cocktails in the evening. The fact it's on the monorail is a huge bonus for us, quick to get to MK and no having to fold the stroller which makes life so much easier when you have a small child. Not to mention the fact we can walk to the TTC if we want to take the monorail to Epcot. Just love the general feel of the place.

Copper Creek: Geyser Point is great, good food and cocktails. Sitting out there in the evening is so relaxing especially as it's right on the lake. Plus you can see the Electrical Water Pageant which is fun (only when you haven't heard the tune for the 100th time that trip of course ) The boat to MK is great and being about to access BLT is also a huge plus as it means we can get to TOTWL easily. Love the grand lobby & the pool areas. The general theming of the resort has a real cosy feel to it. Staying in a 2 bedroom villa next month so really excited to try that out!

I have only stayed at one other DVC resort which was a 1 bedroom at Kidani so I don't have much to compare to. That stay however was very nice, lots of space but we just felt like it was a bit far from everything for us. The resort did have a cosy feel about it though which we liked. We didn't like the fact that there was no proper outside seating area for drinks, we enjoy having that facility and a pool bar doesn't work as we tend to sit out in the evenings once the weather has cooled down.

I did also stay at GF a couple of years ago, not the DVC part though. Very nice resort but pools are a bit boring in comparison. Was lovely during the Christmas season with the gingerbread house but I imagine it to be a bit boring during normal periods.

What is your favourite resort and why?

Edited at 10:13 PM.
act1980 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 19, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Bay Lake Tower (our home resort), it was the only choice for me as it makes getting to the Magic Kingdom sooo easy.

We’ve stayed at AKL, SSR (studio and treehouse) and I love the GF but nowhere else offers a walk to MK!
Lizzim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 19, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Mobile

I have three favourite Resorts...
Bay Lake Tower - love the walk to MK, monorail to Epcot, TOTWL, separate building, amount of storage in Studios. Stayed in studios and one beds.
Beach Club Villas - walking to two parks, separate building, restaurants and general ambience of the Resort. Stayed in studios and two beds.
Polynesian - size of the rooms, two bathrooms, separate buildings, pools, monorails to MK and Epcot. Stayed in studios.

I think we’ve stayed in all the WDW DVC resorts apart from the ones at Wilderness Lodge.

Least favourite SSR and Boardwalk.
Old 29 Jul 19, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Bondy007
Imagineer

The one which was my home resort. AKV. Still is, even though we sold our DVC when had our daughter, strange how priorities change!
The theming, the room, the view. I absolutely loved getting up at dawn as the sun was rising over the savannah, stick a pot of Mickey coffee on and relax on the balcony...
Dam, i'm so depressed now i've typed that...
Old 30 Jul 19, 05:32 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I’d say probably Boardwalk. I think I prefer it to Beach Club. Not only the location and walking/ running abilities there, but there’s something about the atmosphere I like with the music and the 20s 30s vibe etc. I like resorts where I can walk. So Boardwalk/ Beach Club, SSR and OKW fit the bill for us. BLT is great for park access. I’m hoping they reinstate the walking paths eventually at Wilderness Lodge. I didn’t realise how I disliked not being able to walk anywhere until I actually stayed at AKL last year- nice hotel but I doubt I’ll be back.
I think there is a DVC for everyone as different people have different priorities.

Edited at 06:44 AM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 19, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Andi
VIP Dibber

For me it is our home resort of AKV, we actually wouldn't have purchased DVC if AKV hadn't been available.

Love the rooms, the atmosphere and being able to sit and relax enjoying the view watching the animals.

Second is GFV, which was a total surprise to me. Booked 5 nights here to experience another different DVC resort but thought it might be too posh for us lol Absolutely blown away with the DVC part, beautiful room, quiet and relaxing and use of free Nespresso machine in the Lobby.

DVC - Animal Kingdom Lodge

International Drive 2002, All Star Movies 2005, Renaissance at Seaworld 2008, Rosen Plaza & POFQ 2010, Saratoga Springs Resort 2012, Hotel New York DLP 2013, Rosen Plaza and Old Key West 2014, AKL, BLT & SSR July 2015, Crowne Plaza NYC, AKL, Cabana Bay, AKL Nov 2017, Crowne Plaza NYC April 2018, Rosen Plaza, AKL and GFV August 2018, Australia Nov 2018, RCI Cruise August 2019, Rosen Plaza, Pop Century August 2022
Andi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 19, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Obviously going against the grain SSR, I don't think you can over estimate how nice that proximity to Disney Springs & off-site completely,is. We walk everywhere so whilst visually the likes of AKV & WLV were stunning, we can't walk to Winn Dixie, Kobe, Olive Garden, Millers etc Of the rest I'd like to try BCV- The Poly is too points heavy
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 19, 11:54 PM  
Link to this Post

Polynesian - the resort is lovely ( though the buildings are looking slightly old now ) the rooms have been refurbed and are out of this world

OKW - I know its hardly anyone's cup-of-tea, but we love it, it could be anywhere in the world but you are in WDW, 2 X double beds are great, the resorts vibe is so chilled out
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 19, 03:49 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

Mine has always been the Boardwalk. We’ve stayed at most of the others and never been swayed. I love the atmosphere and the location.

However we stayed at Copper Creek last week and I was really impressed. The room was lovely. Loads of storage for clothes and also in the kitchen. I also liked the boat to magic kingdom, although it doesn’t beat walking to Epcot but it certainly made a positive impression.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 19, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

I really love the Poly still. We’ve stayed at boardwalk, copper creek, OKW, SSR, Poly and AKV (Jambo & Kidani). I actually really liked SSR last time which is funny as first time we went I didn’t. I’d go back to any of the resorts bar OKW. I’m hoping to do GF and BLT next time as I just want to try them all!
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List