Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 29 Mar 20, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Leyfy
Imagineer

Dropped my debit card

Yesterday I went out quite early to do our food shop at Tesco and took my debit card, which I rarely use, because my husband had my credit card and didn’t want to wake him up (front line NHS - needed a lay in understandably!).

Somewhere between paying for the food and leaving Tesco I’ve managed to drop my card.

Some little swine found it and has been on a contactless shopping spree! Luckily Barclays got wind pretty quickly and blocked my card. They also managed to spend £220 online with Adidas, which I’m a bit more cross about as I should have two step verification set up on my account to check any new online shopping.

So all in all about £400 worth of stuff!

Now for us it’s more of an inconvenience and I know Barclays fraud team will sort it (currently on hold to them). What makes me cross is that is a significant amount of money to take out of someone’s current account (so not even a credit card). For all they know that could be someone’s shopping or mortgage rent payment money for the month!

Times are so difficult enough at the moment without this as well.

At least being on hold to Barclays is keeping me occupied as I can’t go outside!
Leyfy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 20, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
shirley
Imagineer

shirley's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

Contactless is a great idea, but so easy for scum to use without being questioned. Hope karma gets them big time
shirley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 20, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
mental4ever
Excited about Disney

Glad that the Fraud Team managed to stop the spending spree. Worked in a Bank for nearly 25 years and you’d be surprised at the lengths some people would go to to try and get access to money not belonging to them. xx
Universal Aug/Sept 2023.
BWV & Universal Feb & May 2024. BWV Jan 2025.
mental4ever is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 20, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Thing is they can easily be traced with the online order. However, they don’t bother investigating and the criminals know this. You will get your money back but it’s a pain dealing with the admin and waiting for a new card. Frustrating!
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 20, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Leggibone
Imagineer

Dishonest scumbag! At least Barclays will sort you out. Contactless should also trigger a pin input after like 5 transactions or so, doesn’t always work like that annoyingly though!

Used to get cards handed in all the time when I worked in waitrose; but I guess for every few honest people there’s someone dishonest!
Leggibone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 20, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Kim so sorry this has happened, some people have no morals, contact less payments went up too I noticed in week I think it said to £45 instead of £30 to avoid contact which is good until some scumbag gets hold of your card... Where were they shopping apart from online cos I thought most places were shut. Hopefully if a lot of places shut or not many people about cctv might pick em up.
Fingers crossed its sorted soon x
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 20, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasarah
VIP Dibber

floridasarah's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Sorry to hear this. I have been a victim of fraud too. I hope they investigate properly and catch the little sod. They must have given an address for the online purchase.
floridasarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 20, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
lyn1
Imagineer

Same thing happened to me 2 weeks ago. I dropped my card in Asda but luckily for me someone handed it in.
Old 29 Mar 20, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Leyfy
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks everyone. Barclays have already refunded me for the transactions that have gone through, so hats off to them! A couple of transactions need to go through and then I have to phone up and get those refunded as well.

They’d used it in Boots, Poundland, a takeaway round the corner from me, Tesco, to pay for a bus fare and a coffee shop that is still open for takeaways!

Plus the two online transactions to Adidas. I hope whatever they bought doesn’t fit and if the bought trainers (quite possibly given the amount) then they are two tight and give them blisters! 😂

Then they tried to pay £29 for a taxi?! Which is a bit odd ... That was declined by the bank and the card blocked from that point.
Leyfy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 20, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Princesa
Imagineer

Mobile

How annoying that they have the cheek to put their address in for a home delivery and can and will get away with it. Can you contact the police? I’d want to try and stop Adidas from sending the stuff out too but I don’t know how you’d go about that. It’s not like they’re desperate and have got essentials, they’ve just gone wild.
Princesa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List