Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 6 Apr 20, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Lucyjane45xxx
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
That's just for Americans and they make up the large majority of visitors. Once they're back we won't be needed.
While I agree that Americans make up the majority, I disagree that other guests won't be needed.

Disney has always offered free dining as an early booking incentive (so for the following year) for international guests. They do this because it shows to their lenders that they have a certain amount of guaranteed income the following year. This then gives lenders the confidence to give them money to invest in parks, etc.

I think some sort of early booking incentive will still be offered, but it may change in terms of eligibility criteria or someting
"The Superfan & The Skeptic" - Trip Report Index Here
Lucyjane45xxx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 20, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
100%, yes.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 20, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
I think they will deal with people rebooking from 2020 to 2021 before they think of offering anything.

Edited at 06:29 PM.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 20, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
I think they will deal with people rebooking from 2020 to 2021 before they think off offering anything.
I’ve read about a lot of people who have the free dining plan this year being told to wait (by Disney) to postpone their trip until the offer is announced (otherwise they loose the offer) I wonder if this will affect when they announce it?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 20, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Originally Posted by Mrs_O View Post
I’ve read about a lot of people who have the free dining plan this year being told to wait (by Disney) to postpone their trip until the offer is announced (otherwise they loose the offer) I wonder if this will affect when they announce it?
I think it must do. How can offer anything until they’ve dealt with anyone unfortunate to have to postpone.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 20, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Bertiebear
Imagineer

We've decided to wait until 2022 now. All the construction will be delayed and flight prices will be even higher next year I imagine?
Old 6 Apr 20, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Originally Posted by Bertiebear View Post
We've decided to wait until 2022 now. All the construction will be delayed and flight prices will be even higher next year I imagine?
Exactly the same for us. Too much uncertainty.
Old 6 Apr 20, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
That's just for Americans and they make up the large majority of visitors. Once they're back we won't be needed.
Really? Then why have they given it to us at all. Americans have made up the greater part of visitors since WDWs inception. Makes no sense. They offer different things to different countries. Regardless of the USA market.
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 20, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
MOUSEMARSH
VIP Dibber

Mobile

My guess is it will be offered, I think Americans are in a state far worse than ours financially and the income from overseas will be welcome.

If I added it all up I probably could have bought a 4 Bed Detached House
MOUSEMARSH is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 20, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
LizzyBear
Imagineer

LizzyBear's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

I think they will and the only reason for the delay is WDTC being snowed under with cancellations/rebookings currently.