Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 25 Feb 20, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
stormflm595
Very Serious Dibber

Quick service on the DDP

Hi guys

Hoping someone can clear this up as I am seeing (and experienced) a lot of contradictory information.

We have the DDP this August (same as 2018) and a bit confused on what you get at a quick service meal.

Last time it seemed to be a meal and a soft drink. Desserts seemed to have to be paid for out of pocket and we found in some locations a side was offered as part of the credit. For example at sunshine seasons I got a main meal, a side of green beans and a soft drink which counted as one quick service credit, yet in other locations you had to pay out of pocket for the side.

As far as I was aware, you can only get 1 alcoholic beverage per table service meal (any others you pay for) but I have seen a few trip reports where people on the DDP were able to also get alcoholic beverages with their quick service meals as well as table service.

Is anyone able to clear this up once and for all as I obviously would like to ensure I'm getting the best value of the plan this summer!
stormflm595 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 20, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Hopefully this will keep it simple for you:

A QS credit gets you 1 main meal and a drink, including alcohol.
Desserts aren't included.
Sides are included where it's written in the meal description. Anything that's not written in the meal description is extra.
So for example: Chicken nuggets and fries - that's all you get, or sometime's there's a choice: Chicken Breast Nuggets served with a choice of Green Beans and Carrots or French Fries
Some places just include a burger or pizza and you'd need to pay extra for fries, salad etc. So if it just says burger in the description, then that's all you get (D-Luxe Burger is a good example).

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31st Oct - 14th Nov 2012
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 2nd - 16th Jan 2014
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 7th - 21st Feb 2015
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 2nd - 15th April 2016
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29th March - 12th April 2017
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21st October - 4th November 2019
Food report - the unexpected Easter QSDP extravagana! April 2017
What do we want? FOOD! When do we want it? NOW! QSDP food report, Oct 2019
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 20, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Zellotape
Excited about Disney

Zellotape's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
With regards to the alcohol, you get one alcoholic OR non-alcoholic beverage, per QS credit and per TS credit.
There tends to be more variety on the alcohol front in TS places, as QS places sometimes only offer 1/2 types of beer for example.
However there are some QS places that offer specialty cocktails, which would be included in your alcoholic drink options. I believe that Woody's Lunchbox at Hollywood studios offers an adults lemonade which you can order as part of a QS credit at this location.
Old 25 Feb 20, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
stormflm595
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
Hopefully this will keep it simple for you:

A QS credit gets you 1 main meal and a drink, including alcohol.
Desserts aren't included.
Sides are included where it's written in the meal description. Anything that's not written in the meal description is extra.
So for example: Chicken nuggets and fries - that's all you get, or sometime's there's a choice: Chicken Breast Nuggets served with a choice of Green Beans and Carrots or French Fries
Some places just include a burger or pizza and you'd need to pay extra for fries, salad etc. So if it just says burger in the description, then that's all you get (D-Luxe Burger is a good example).
Thank you - this makes sense!

In regards to the sides, i found that in Sunshine Seasons I ordered chicken and rice and then added a side of green beans (it didn't say that sides were included so I assumed I would pay for it which I was happy to) and then a soft drink and when I got to the till to pay it was 1 quick service credit for the whole meal. Wonder why they do it differently there?
Old 25 Feb 20, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
stormflm595
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Zellotape View Post
With regards to the alcohol, you get one alcoholic OR non-alcoholic beverage, per QS credit and per TS credit.
There tends to be more variety on the alcohol front in TS places, as QS places sometimes only offer 1/2 types of beer for example.
However there are some QS places that offer specialty cocktails, which would be included in your alcoholic drink options. I believe that Woody's Lunchbox at Hollywood studios offers an adults lemonade which you can order as part of a QS credit at this location.
Thanks!