Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 23 Feb 20, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile MSC Seaview

Hi

Has anyone sailed on her? Seen an itinerary that would work for us next summer but only sailed on smaller ships before with P&O and Tui/Marella.

I have a few questions...

What are the drink prices like v getting the drinks package?

What are the expectations on tipping?

Are the kids (teens) clubs good?

It looks like there is a promenade deck - is this right (I like to be able to walk when on board)

Am I right in thinking they have different "classes" of passenger? If we go basic what aren't we allowed to access?

What is the food and entertainment like?
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Just_Pete
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Haven’t been on the Seaside Class, but the whole idea of her over the other MSC classes is to put you much closer to the sea and not to focus on internal spaces like a lot of modern ships. So plenty of opportunities for a good walk.

They don’t have different classes of passenger as such, although I’m sure some on board like to think they’re better than others. They have experience levels though, so:

Bella - Most basic, don’t choose your cabin, will get the least favourable locations or views etc. No dining time choice and charged room service.

Fantastica - Mid Level, can choose your cabin. Choose your dining seating. And free room service.

Aurea - Can choose your cabin from the “best” ones. And the other perks from Fantastica, and I think there’s other perks like maybe priority boarding tendering and spa access?

Then you also have Yacht Club which is there “Ship within a Ship” concept ala NCL’s Haven.
Just_Pete is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Just_Pete View Post
Haven’t been on the Seaside Class, but the whole idea of her over the other MSC classes is to put you much closer to the sea and not to focus on internal spaces like a lot of modern ships. So plenty of opportunities for a good walk.

They don’t have different classes of passenger as such, although I’m sure some on board like to think they’re better than others. They have experience levels though, so:

Bella - Most basic, don’t choose your cabin, will get the least favourable locations or views etc. No dining time choice and charged room service.

Fantastica - Mid Level, can choose your cabin. Choose your dining seating. And free room service.

Aurea - Can choose your cabin from the “best” ones. And the other perks from Fantastica, and I think there’s other perks like maybe priority boarding tendering and spa access?

Then you also have Yacht Club which is there “Ship within a Ship” concept ala NCL’s Haven.
Thank you that is really useful.
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Just_Pete
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Also if you make a UK booking then service charges are included. I would then probably just add a small tip to each drink ordered. And maybe something for my servers/Stewards at the end. But not sure what others would do.

Food is one of the points where people tend to gripe about MSC, a lot of people are critical. But some rave? So go figure!? It is very mediterranen though. So expect lots of pasta/pizza/fish.

And I believe the drinks are a lot cheaper than RCI for example if buying off menu. From 6-12 euro from basic to fancy. I haven’t worked out the math yet for the packages. But there are options.

Easy which covers up to 6.

Premium which covers to 10-12, I can’t remember which.

And I think a Premium plus which covers whatever you wanna want.
Just_Pete is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 20, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Mobile

It’s was €7.50 for a pint of cider! And they don’t fill the glass!
arielrocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 20, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by arielrocks View Post
It’s was €7.50 for a pint of cider! And they don’t fill the glass!
Oh heck. Hubby loves his cider so we had better look out for drinks package offers then!
Old 26 Feb 20, 01:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Rding
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

I booked on a Seaside cruise for this August yesterday and through an agent it was cheaper than direct with a drinks package thrown in.
Rding is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

We are booked on the sister ship the Seaside in September. Shop around, we got gratuities and premium drinks package included as well as a small cash discount from Hays . Unlike some other cruise companies the free extras meant it was cheaper to use a U.K. agent rather than a US one for MSC.

Also if you have status with another cruise company like P&O MSC will match your status . Even lowly status with Carnival got us an extra 5% off. Just google for MSC status match uK.

Edited at 11:46 AM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rding View Post
I booked on a Seaside cruise for this August yesterday and through an agent it was cheaper than direct with a drinks package thrown in.
Re the status Match comment above, if you’ve cruised before you can still do the status match and get the discount added after you book so long as it’s before you’ve paid your balance.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List