Notices

View Poll Results: Where is MH?
Too busy to update us as he happily enjoys his holiday with the long suffering Mrs MH 24 17.78%
Still at immigration declaring all that stuff he had in his case 28 20.74%
Too tight to buy Wi-fi 83 61.48%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Old 1 Sep 19, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
MH has abandoned us, MIA since his UK departure. Where do we think he is? Vote now
MH, Mickey's House, I... wait... no, yes... nope, never heard of him...

Old 1 Sep 19, 11:54 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

He obviously feels he is too good for us now and has joined the Costa appreciation club and deserted us lowly Dibbers
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 01:12 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Guys you are my family and I will never leave you. I joined the dibb for better or worse, and that's how it shall be (even for those of you who travel germ class).

Having a really good time so far, and we went to HS yesterday (Saturday) at 7.15am (it opened at 6am) and amazingly we parked in the first few rows and was on the star wars ride with about a 60 minute wait which a shock as we thought it would be absolutely manic and it wasn't, and then did slinky dog with a 20 minute wait, and on toy storia mania in about 5 minutes. We then went onto the Disney shopping centre (epcot), and that wasn't too bad crowd wise. So the best disney day in many years.

Went to discovery cove this morning (Sunday), but doubt I will go back for a good few years if at all, as I've now done it 3 times. We went to universal for a few hours this afternoon and wait times were very short, and at 4.30pm we walked straight into Despicable me, and I mean walked straight in. Just come back from cheesecake factory, and food okay, but service not as it once was (not terrible, but not really good).

Disappointed with Longhorn, and we thought our bad service and not so good food was just bad luck twice in December, but we didn't enjoy the food, so looking for new places.

Went into walmart at 6.30am on Friday and all the 24 packs of water sold out and bought some 8 packs, but went to publix and they had loads (they had none the previous evening).

Haven't been at all stressed about Dorian as what's to be will be, but a big improvement on how it looked the other day when it was forecast to go through Orlando. I went into Starbucks this morning and a sign was saying they were closing at 2pm today (Sunday) due to Dorian which appears a little premature?

I haven't read all the comments, but was very amused to see the poll😀.

I will get round to reading all the posts, which I hope they are all complimentary, but in the meantime, please remember that in the words of Sister Sledge 'we are family.'

Edited at 01:15 AM.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 01:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
please remember that in the words of Sister Sledge 'we are family.'
Hope you've got all your sisters with you...

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 08:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Stay safe mickey . My sil and family are out there due to fly home tomorrow, we need you back to lift our spirits in the winter months! 🙃

Edited at 08:07 AM.
Sandra & co is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mickey

We voted that you'd be enjoying your holiday and it appears that we were right.

Another recent poor Longhorn experience and Texas is still to be avoided I guess. If you want red meat you'll need to head for Manny's at Haines City (not 192 ) or Logans opposite Old Town.

Stay safe

Mick
Old 2 Sep 19, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Mickey

We voted that you'd be enjoying your holiday and it appears that we were right.

Another recent poor Longhorn experience and Texas is still to be avoided I guess. If you want red meat you'll need to head for Manny's at Haines City (not 192 ) or Logans opposite Old Town.

Stay safe

Mick
Mick you know I have always praised Longhorns but last trip I was disappointed with my steak 😟 not only in Longhorns but Mannys in Haines was also well under par with me having to send my steak back , the second steak was just as bad 😟 however Texas was a lovely meal , our second meal there and I am now singing their praises. After several recommendations for Ovation we gave it a try and both me and Jo sent our chicken back , it was dry and chewy , my brother who had raved about Ovation visited there a few days after us and they also had horrible chicken , it’s getting to where you cannot depend on getting a decent meal now , Millers , a great meal there, a few days later we visited again and I had the same meal, the mixed meat fajitas , it didn’t come out sizzling and looked like it had been sat in the kitchen stewing in its own juices , to add insult to injury the waiter didn’t bother bringing out my wraps and accompaniments , I had to ask for them . things are definitely going downhill .
Aug 2018...Westridge. Aug 2019... Miami & Solterra Resort
Lindaelaine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
olgaandcoda
Imagineer

olgaandcoda's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Lindaelaine View Post
Mick you know I have always praised Longhorns but last trip I was disappointed with my steak 😟 not only in Longhorns but Mannys in Haines was also well under par with me having to send my steak back , the second steak was just as bad 😟 however Texas was a lovely meal , our second meal there and I am now singing their praises. After several recommendations for Ovation we gave it a try and both me and Jo sent our chicken back , it was dry and chewy , my brother who had raved about Ovation visited there a few days after us and they also had horrible chicken , it’s getting to where you cannot depend on getting a decent meal now , Millers , a great meal there, a few days later we visited again and I had the same meal, the mixed meat fajitas , it didn’t come out sizzling and looked like it had been sat in the kitchen stewing in its own juices , to add insult to injury the waiter didn’t bother bringing out my wraps and accompaniments , I had to ask for them . things are definitely going downhill .
Bonefish grill is good! Although longhorns did a lovely steak last trip! I usually get lobster at every opportunity in Florida. Nowhere here in my town knows how to cook it nicely!
Old 2 Sep 19, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by Lindaelaine View Post
Originally Posted by olgaandcoda View Post
Bonefish grill is good! Although longhorns did a lovely steak last trip! I usually get lobster at every opportunity in Florida. Nowhere here in my town knows how to cook it nicely!
Ladies

Us too have made no secret of being fans of Longhorn after we discovered them in Longboat Key back in 2003 and have always been happy so it will be sad if they've started going downhill. Texas has always been good as well.

We only discovered Millers a couple of years ago and have been to the Rolling Oaks and Champions Gate locations. Portions usually beat us though and we often have zingers each and share a side of loaded fries.

Bonefish is also probably our first choice for fish although we still do Red Lobster.

You really must give Carrabba's a go. In our opinions miles better than Olive Garden and, in consistency terms, will be vying for first choice for us now - especially for non-steak stuff.

Mick
Old 2 Sep 19, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
olgaandcoda
Imagineer

olgaandcoda's Reviews
Originally Posted by mick View Post
Ladies

Us too have made no secret of being fans of Longhorn after we discovered them in Longboat Key back in 2003 and have always been happy so it will be sad if they've started going downhill. Texas has always been good as well.

We only discovered Millers a couple of years ago and have been to the Rolling Oaks and Champions Gate locations. Portions usually beat us though and we often have zingers each and share a side of loaded fries.

Bonefish is also probably our first choice for fish although we still do Red Lobster.

You really must give Carrabba's a go. In our opinions miles better than Olive Garden and, in consistency terms, will be vying for first choice for us now - especially for non-steak stuff.

Mick
Mick, we went to Millers late afternoon and they do smaller meals, although still plenty to eat. It was quiet too, I can’t be doing with too much sport noise. I would avoid it like the plague on an event day.
We didn’t go to Olive Garden last year, we had so many new places to try. Red lobster is a must for the cheddar bay biscuits.