Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 3 Jan 20, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
P&O - some great prices

We have just booked onto their new ship IONA for October - £2800 for 2 of us for 2 weeks in a balcony cabin with £400 spending money.

Ok its Spain and Portugal but it should still be ok (going with the inlaws so not my first choice - plus we already had a Cunard cruise booked so we had to take into account the lost deposit)

The same cruise leaving on 3/1/21 is the same price for a suite! (only £300 OBC though)!

Might be worth a look?
katiec68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 20, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
macdonald88
Imagineer

That’s a really good deal, we are going on the Iona in October and are really looking forward to it, she looks amazing. We booked a balcony and are going with 4 other people and set a limit on what we would pay but kicking ourselves now as a suite was only £100 more and the new concept looks great. Have a fantastic time.
macdonald88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 20, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

I was pleasantly surprised by their prices when I was getting quotes for Alaska, though it may have just been that I was comparing it to Disney prices.
Iona looks fabulous, enjoy.
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 20, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by macdonald88 View Post
That’s a really good deal, we are going on the Iona in October and are really looking forward to it, she looks amazing. We booked a balcony and are going with 4 other people and set a limit on what we would pay but kicking ourselves now as a suite was only £100 more and the new concept looks great. Have a fantastic time.
On no! That would definitely have been worth the extra £100! Have you tried calling them to see how much an upgrade would be? Where are you off to?

Originally Posted by magickate View Post
I was pleasantly surprised by their prices when I was getting quotes for Alaska, though it may have just been that I was comparing it to Disney prices.
Iona looks fabulous, enjoy.
I always look at Disney prices - while we could afford it I can get 2 holidays for the same price - I really dont know how families can afford it other than living on baked beans for months!

Alaska is on our list but we could probably only afford that one holiday if we did it so I keep checking!
katiec68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 20, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

We are doing two weeks at Easter in canaries for £2900 window cabin 2a & 2c on ventura

Then we have booked Iona balcony for July ‘21 only for a week at fjords for £1900
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 20, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Thank you for sharing. I told my mum as she was looking for another cruise and wanted to visit Gibraltar as she has friends there so this is perfect for her.
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 20, 03:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Sweeney_Todd
Imagineer

Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post
Then we have booked Iona balcony for July ‘21 only for a week at fjords for £1900
We are doing that same cruise in June this year ... can't wait!

Originally Posted by macdonald88 View Post
That’s a really good deal, we are going on the Iona in October and are really looking forward to it.
If yours sails on the 31st Gary Barlow is on that one.

"Right love, shut up and listen - an ADR for two at Crystal Palace, name of Regan. Got it?"

40?...Face?...Bovvered? ...-...Our Feb 2008 Trippies
Sweeney_Todd is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 20, 08:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrs_Potts
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

I was looking at P&O from Southampton but I don't like the idea of leaving my car keys with someone who drives your car and parks it god knows where.

I normally cruise RC and you park your car literally in front of the ship!
2005 - Pop Century
2006 - Pop Century
2007 - Pop Century
Mrs_Potts is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 20, 08:10 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Originally Posted by Mrs_Potts View Post
I was looking at P&O from Southampton but I don't like the idea of leaving my car keys with someone who drives your car and parks it god knows where.

We parked in a small carpark (triangle?) just by the port and kept our keys. It was literally just outside the gates. We dropped of our luggage and then parked and walked back.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 20, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mrs_Potts View Post

We took the free parking offer from P&O. Dropped our bags off, left the keys and they moved the car about 200 yards to a secure parking area. We could see our car from the ship - no problems at all. It was a very slick, professional operation.
Omega1 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List