Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 18 Apr 20, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
DFCH-Andy
DIBB Advertiser
- DIBB Advertiser -

"as per the reservation Terms and Conditions, no cancellation fee is charged up until 48 hours prior to the intended pick-up date. However, due to the higher cancellation volume generated by COVID-19, Auto Europe has introduced a small fee of £20 to cover payment fees and processing the cancellation"

Erm, thats called a cancellation fee isn't it?

www.discountfloridacarhire.co.uk
DFCH-Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 20, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by DFCH-Andy View Post
"as per the reservation Terms and Conditions, no cancellation fee is charged up until 48 hours prior to the intended pick-up date. However, due to the higher cancellation volume generated by COVID-19, Auto Europe has introduced a small fee of £20 to cover payment fees and processing the cancellation"

Erm, thats called a cancellation fee isn't it?
Andy

While you're on line have you noticed that, despite your best efforts to get them changed, Sunpass are still showing last year's Avis/Budget toll admin fees.

Mick

Edited at 06:59 PM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 20, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
DFCH-Andy
DIBB Advertiser
- DIBB Advertiser -

Yeah. Told them a couple of times now and despite them saying they'll sort it, still showing the wrong rates.

DFCH-Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 20, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by DFCH-Andy View Post
Yeah. Told them a couple of times now and despite them saying they'll sort it, still showing the wrong rates.
Haven't posted the link for ages now because I was fed up saying "ignore the Avis/Budget figures as they're now 50% higher"

Mick

Edited at 07:04 PM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 20, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
DFCH-Andy
DIBB Advertiser
- DIBB Advertiser -

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Haven't posted the link for ages now because I was fed up saying "ignore the Avis/Budget figures as they're now 50% higher"

Mick
I've submitted another request... Feel free to spam them with the same request... Might make a difference: sunpass/en/support/c...hatEnable=true

Old 23 Apr 20, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
sunny days
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by sunny days View Post
I’ve just checked Autoeurope site and they are now charging an admin fee to cancel your booking 🤬😡🤬😡
Quick update - contacted Auto-Europe today to cancel and they are not charging me £20 to cancel because my booking was made prior to the covid-19 outbreak. Thank you Auto-Europe!
Old 5 May 20, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
irvin38a
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by sunny days View Post
Quick update - contacted Auto-Europe today to cancel and they are not charging me £20 to cancel because my booking was made prior to the covid-19 outbreak. Thank you Auto-Europe!
Went to cancel mine online, yesterday for June but wouldn’t let me and was stating £20 cancellation fee was now in force. Called them, straight though, no mention of the fee and full refund showing back on my card now.

That’s the villa moved to next year, tickets extended til dec 21, car park refunded, lounge refunded, Royal Pacific night refunded (well, on its way) and Tesco points refunded. Just the flight to go now! 🤨
irvin38a is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 20, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Br'er Bear
Very Serious Dibber

Not sure if this was reported but Auto Europe's has offered a different option to a refund.

autoeurope/voucher-offer/
RECEIVE 10% ADDED VALUE ON TOP OF YOUR AUTO EUROPE BOOKING!

As the coronavirus has disrupted so many people’s travel plans, Auto Europe has decided to step in and increase the value of your car hire by an amazing 10% in order to help you through this difficult time. Whether you’re visiting friends in Frankfurt or an ageing aunt in Australia, you can still push ahead with your travel plans with extra money in your pocket!

Serving the car hire industry since 1954, Auto Europe’s vast experience and high level of expertise means that we know how to look after our customers in a crisis. With 10% more cash to spend you’ll be able to extend your stay by a few days or secure a better car once the pandemic is over, meaning that your trip will be an even more enjoyable one! There are so many advantages to travelling with Auto Europe, for instance we never charge any credit card fees and you can cancel your vehicle completely free of charge up to 48 hours prior to pick-up, however due to the higher cancellation volume caused by the Covid-19, Auto Europe will be charging a small fee of £20 to cover payment fees and processing the cancellation. Please call our reservation agents who are on duty every day from Monday to Saturday.

The value of this voucher is applicable to any future Auto Europe reservations the client named on the voucher makes after the date issued on the voucher.
The voucher is valid for 3 years from the issue date.
The voucher is valid for reservations made in the name of the client on the voucher only.
The voucher value can be applied to any rental inclusions offered in the rate as displayed by Auto Europe on its web site. It cannot be applied to extras that will be paid to the car rental company at the counter.
Any credit remaining after redemption of this voucher may be used against the purchase of future rentals.
The voucher can be redeemed by calling our reservation agents in the Auto Europe call centres worldwide and by quoting the Auto Europe voucher reference above.
Br'er Bear is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 20, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
toonmadlad
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Br'er Bear View Post
Not sure if this was reported but Auto Europe's has offered a different option to a refund.

autoeurope/voucher-offer/
RECEIVE 10% ADDED VALUE ON TOP OF YOUR AUTO EUROPE BOOKING!

As the coronavirus has disrupted so many people’s travel plans, Auto Europe has decided to step in and increase the value of your car hire by an amazing 10% in order to help you through this difficult time. Whether you’re visiting friends in Frankfurt or an ageing aunt in Australia, you can still push ahead with your travel plans with extra money in your pocket!

Serving the car hire industry since 1954, Auto Europe’s vast experience and high level of expertise means that we know how to look after our customers in a crisis. With 10% more cash to spend you’ll be able to extend your stay by a few days or secure a better car once the pandemic is over, meaning that your trip will be an even more enjoyable one! There are so many advantages to travelling with Auto Europe, for instance we never charge any credit card fees and you can cancel your vehicle completely free of charge up to 48 hours prior to pick-up, however due to the higher cancellation volume caused by the Covid-19, Auto Europe will be charging a small fee of £20 to cover payment fees and processing the cancellation. Please call our reservation agents who are on duty every day from Monday to Saturday.

The value of this voucher is applicable to any future Auto Europe reservations the client named on the voucher makes after the date issued on the voucher.
The voucher is valid for 3 years from the issue date.
The voucher is valid for reservations made in the name of the client on the voucher only.
The voucher value can be applied to any rental inclusions offered in the rate as displayed by Auto Europe on its web site. It cannot be applied to extras that will be paid to the car rental company at the counter.
Any credit remaining after redemption of this voucher may be used against the purchase of future rentals.
The voucher can be redeemed by calling our reservation agents in the Auto Europe call centres worldwide and by quoting the Auto Europe voucher reference above.
Think I might go for the voucher + 10%, Auto Europe have always seemed best for price when I've been looking, so with a 3 year window, I'd definitely use it.
Old 20 May 20, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
toonmadlad
Excited about Disney

Update:

Today I emailed Auto Europe abut cancelling the car hire but taking the voucher +10%..Their initial reply was I couldn't have that deal, even though my booking was made prior Covid-19, anyway I replied, but this time asking for an explanation and also sending them a link to their own website showing the voucher offer... I never received any explanation, but they did say they would now issue the voucher as specified on their website, which they have done ... So if you are planning on taking the voucher then don't let them fob you off.