Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 25 May 20, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Had some stinkers in the past, Torquay faulty towers, Tenerife And Lanzarote cockroaches, had breathing problems in Benidorm when I was 21. Best ones are 6 times to Florida as a family, had lovely Cyprus holidays, Barbados with gorgeous beaches, Lake District with with doggy was lovely. Last year Kefalonia was amazing. I had many lovely holidays with my parents as a kid because my dad worked for Pan Am and we got free flights. Australia going first class, Hawaii beautiful beaches and the best ice cream I have ever tasted to name a few.
Old 25 May 20, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
2waterford
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We have had so many great holidays, our best holidays have been family ski trips and the best one probably has been our most recent ski trip to Austria in February. Great weather, a week of bluebird days, great nights out with our now grown up kids.
Not had really any bad holidays, had one which I would call mediocre. A week in France, accommodation poor and expensive, tiny car rental for 5 of us, didn't really have the eating out experience we were used to and found the French abrupt bordering on rude, so much so don't think I would ever go on holiday to France again
2waterford is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 20, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Jet
Imagineer

Mobile

All the holidays we have had have been mostly fab..apart from 2 weeks in Rhodes ...cannot put my finger on it but I could not wait to come home.
Jet is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 20, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Best family holiday was last year Florida. Couldn’t really fault it. Even tho the youngest was a bit of a pain at the time it was still amazing.

Worst was two years ago. We both wanted to go to Great Yarmouth. We had fun these when we were teens 15 yrs ago. It was awful. The park resorts we went to was full of people making trouble. We were there one night out of 7. The office closed shortly after we arrived so no choice but to stay there till morning. Apart from not daring to go to the pub onsite as there was police raids the caravan was disgusting. I sent them pictures in the complaint it was that bad.
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 20, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

One of the best holidays I have ever had was as a child, camping in a caravan in the new forest, there was no pool onsite, but it rained and we swam in a huge puddle all week!

The worst, we went to a mobile home in Zelena Laguna, Porec, but on arrival it was a dingy caravan, everything we touched fell apart, it was ridden with huge red ants, and there was no shower that worked. The public outdoor showers were freezing, no privacy. It wasnt even big enough for all of us!
We complained to the Rep, who moved us, to an apartment, but not before taking our passports to keep, and Ł500. This was in 1982 so was a lot of money.

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 20, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
COL41
Imagineer

Worst was our holiday to Turkey two years ago when I ended up in hospital on a drip for five days with a parasite infection! DH and kids had to vacate hotel we were in after a week as were fully booked and hotel they were found was awful. Due to peak season had to wait another four days til we could get a flight home once I was released and thankfully then put up in a lovely hotel but food wasn’t great and I was too scared to eat or drink much anyway. Fortunately over the Years we’ve had some lovely holidays including Ł9.50 sun deals when kids were tiny and large % of my pay went straight on childcare
COL41 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 20, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
ginwithaslice
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post
Best family holiday was last year Florida. Couldn’t really fault it. Even tho the youngest was a bit of a pain at the time it was still amazing.

Worst was two years ago. We both wanted to go to Great Yarmouth. We had fun these when we were teens 15 yrs ago. It was awful. The park resorts we went to was full of people making trouble. We were there one night out of 7. The office closed shortly after we arrived so no choice but to stay there till morning. Apart from not daring to go to the pub onsite as there was police raids the caravan was disgusting. I sent them pictures in the complaint it was that bad.
That sounds terrifying!

I was on a hen weekend once in Ludlow which was a beautiful place and had fab restaurants but we went to a pub afterwards and it was so awful I didn't think we'd get out after a fight broke out! Such a shame as it's a lovely place.
ginwithaslice is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 20, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
StorybookCircus
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Worst was two weeks in Fort William, Scotland when I was 16. It rained 13 days out of 14 and I’d just turned vegetarian. It was around 2005 but vegetarian food clearly hadn’t reached the area we were staying in, all I could eat in EVERY restaurant was chips, microwaved veggie lasagne, salad and macaroni cheese. It was fun for a couple of days but by the end I was craving anything else!
Best was our first Christmas trip to Disneyland Paris. When I was 15 or so my nanny was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s and we knew we couldn’t have a big Christmas at home with our extended family any more. My parents made a big financial sacrifice to keep Christmas special for my brother and I, we arrived on Main Street at about 9pm on Christmas Eve just as the Castle show started and the fake snow started to fall 😭 I cried so many happy tears, it was absolutely what we all needed after months of darkness and uncertainty.
StorybookCircus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 20, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
missy E
Imagineer

missy E's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
Best holiday was our honeymoon in 1993, split stay Orlando/St Petes.

First time to Florida and the best (been back twice since with kids, last time in 2011 but wasn't as magical as that first time) Truly magical, never forgotten it.

Worst holiday

We went for just under a week over Xmas 1990 to Tunisia. DH & I were only together for a few months & he booked it allocation on arrival. We were the last 2 on the coach as people were dropped off to all these nice lively looking hotels on the way to ours.
Got to ours, clean but quiet. Dining room was shut so nothing to eat. Called a cab & asked him to take us to a restaurant. Bloke took us to a small pokey cafe run by relatives/friends /bandits lol who sat there watching us as we tried to eat some of the food they had made. Even DH felt uneasy we left thanking them for their hospitality & felt glad we were still alive. Entertainment was poor & geared to the Germans who practically over run the hotel. Poor DH was even told to move from an empty seat quite rudely, by one big burly man who decided we were in his spot he wanted (seats were empty all around & we got there early for a good spot) DH moved to keep the peace but it wasn't nice. Worst thing was one morning we came down to the lobby seeing our young rep crying being surrounded by other guests. Another guest had died in her room on Xmas day & she was told she had to take off her jewellery etc.
We have never been back to Tunisia & wouldn't if offered a free holiday.

Oh joint worst Butlins offered half price holidays. We had gone the year before with the kids & it was great. Decided on 2 weeks as it was cheap only to find not only the entertainment had been cut by half & finished early, there were lots of paid extras to make up for it such as sideshows/games for the kids.

Sadly being cheaper encouraged some really rough families to go. We had an entire family & their friends either side of our chalet & many of the chalets in our row. They were loud, sweary, arguing into the night. One of their little darlings spat at DD who was around 7 at the time.
Then came the pinnacle, first night in the entertainment venue the dj kept on having an in joke over the mike with another member of staff about her having the runs. Two days later I didn't know what end to put over the toilet first, I spent 2 days in bed. Later we found out a bug had been doing the rounds after DH asked a member of staff for direction to the nearest chemist.
We never did return.
Old 25 May 20, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsmickey
Very Serious Dibber

Worst was my parents offering to take us on our sons first holiday overseas. He had just turned 2 and they had booked a “luxury villa” in albefeira, Portugal. Trouble is, they hadn’t done their research at before booking the villa. It was less than 50 metres from the main strip and the luxury villa was actually a hen / stag party house, surrounded by other similar properties. There was no air con, so at night we either had the choice of drunk people and loud music, or being cooked in the room. The beds and soft furnishings were All stained, And walking about in the day felt unsafe - streets covered in glass and vomit. I’ve never felt so exhausted by being on holiday!
mrsmickey is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List