Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 13 Apr 19, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
IlDivoette
Imagineer

IlDivoette's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile Restaurant recommendations for Prague

Hi
We are off to Prague in May, a 50th birthday present from my DD, does anyone have any restaurant recommendations or must do's and see's.
Many thanks 🤗

Highlands Reserve-03/West Haven-04/Calabay Park-06/Aviana-07/Legacy Park-08/Watersong & HRH-10
Marco Island 12/SSR 12/Lake Berkley12 / PBH 2015 / SSR 2015 / Solterra 2015 / YC 2018
IlDivoette is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 19, 06:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Glee Fan
Imagineer

Mobile

Also interested in this as I think this might be our next adults only trip 😊
Glee Fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 19, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
IlDivoette
Imagineer

IlDivoette's Reviews
Originally Posted by Glee Fan View Post
Also interested in this as I think this might be our next adults only trip 😊
There are so many, I'm not sure where to start, other than to just trawl through TA reviews

Highlands Reserve-03/West Haven-04/Calabay Park-06/Aviana-07/Legacy Park-08/Watersong & HRH-10
Marco Island 12/SSR 12/Lake Berkley12 / PBH 2015 / SSR 2015 / Solterra 2015 / YC 2018
IlDivoette is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 19, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Kolkovna in the Jewish Qtr, some great food & a massive copper of Pilsner Urquell with a chap whos sole job it is to keep them steins filled

kolkovna.cz/

cant recall for the life of me which one it was but looks to be a few to choose from

Edited at 03:08 PM.
novocastrian is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 19, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
elmspenguin
VIP Dibber

Can't help with restaurants as we ate in pubs and brewpubs but I recommend going to King Charles Bridge early in the morning as it get very busy during the day, I went about 730am and it was very quiet and surprisingly there was a few couples having wedding photos taken.

Also if you only going for 2-3 days get a 72 hour travel pass from the airport, they cost about £11 and you can use them on the metro, buses and trams they are great value for getting about, just remember to punch it in the machine on the first form of public transport you use to validate it.
Old 15 Apr 19, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
IlDivoette
Imagineer

IlDivoette's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by elmspenguin View Post
Can't help with restaurants as we ate in pubs and brewpubs but I recommend going to King Charles Bridge early in the morning as it get very busy during the day, I went about 730am and it was very quiet and surprisingly there was a few couples having wedding photos taken.

Also if you only going for 2-3 days get a 72 hour travel pass from the airport, they cost about £11 and you can use them on the metro, buses and trams they are great value for getting about, just remember to punch it in the machine on the first form of public transport you use to validate it.
No problem with pubs if you have any you can recommend. Thank you for your tips.

Old 15 Apr 19, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
IlDivoette
Imagineer

IlDivoette's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by novocastrian View Post
Kolkovna in the Jewish Qtr, some great food & a massive copper of Pilsner Urquell with a chap whos sole job it is to keep them steins filled

kolkovna.cz/

cant recall for the life of me which one it was but looks to be a few to choose from
Think DH would love this, I shall have a look thank you.

Old 17 Apr 19, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
elmspenguin
VIP Dibber

Klasterni Senk is worth a visit it is in the Brevnov Monastery grounds which you can have a look round as well, they brew the beer there as well. You need to catch the number 22 tram to get there.

If you fancied a trip to the outskirts of Prague, Pivovar Hostivar H1 is a very nice brewpub, it takes about 40 minutes to get there from the centre by metro and then bus.

There is some great places in the centre of Prague I would just wouldn't bother with Wenceslas square pubs.
Old 17 Apr 19, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

we went last may, and my personal recommendations are:

u supa - our first meal after we got there... spent the evening wandering around, so it was quite late by the time we wandered in, but damn, it was probably the best meal we had all week!

tripadvisor/Restau...e_Bohemia.html

johnny pizza - its more of a takeaway than a restaurant (there were two small tables in there) but wow... some of the best pizza i've ever had (and i've had a lot of pizza!)

restaurant bellavista - go visit strahov monastery and library, then if its a nice day, walk down to the castle via bellavista. amazing views. sit on the patio and have a beer, or maybe a sharing platter of meats and cheeses

hth
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 19, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
IlDivoette
Imagineer

IlDivoette's Reviews
Mobile

Thank you for your replies, I will have a look at all your recommendations, much appreciated 🤗