Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 1 May 19, 06:12 AM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
I had to do this when I had an internal ultrasound to diagnose my pcos but I drank too much too soon and was about bursting by the time I arrived at the hospital and had to run to the loo! I straight away downed another pint and the scan went ok so I would suggest drinking it later rather than too early!
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 19, 06:16 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsBigdog
Serious Dibber

I had an internal and external scan a couple of weeks ago. Parking is a nightmare at my local hospital so I arrived 1 hour before my appointment time and sod's law there were plenty of spaces. I had had a wee before I left home (about 1 1/2 hrs before my appointment time) and didn't start drinking until I got into the hospital. Had 2 bottles of water and couldn't wait to go after they did the external scan. Luckily they did this one before the internal as I might have had an accident on the bed!
MrsBigdog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 19, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Had to do this last Friday for 10am in the morning. I went to the toilet as soon as I got up, at 7am. Sat down with 2 pints of water at 8am and downed them. Had the scan and then ran to the toilet.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 19, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Twin mummy
Imagineer

Twin mummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

They are used to it. I had external and internal a couple of moths ago. Drank the water gradually over the hour before and wasn’t too bad. Had the external and then they wanted an empty bladder for the internal.
Old 1 May 19, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Hootietootie
Very Serious Dibber

I was told to go to the toilet 90 mins before, then drink 1 and a half to two litres straight after that. As it turns out my bladder was too full however that can happen. She ended up doing something very quickly then asking me to go to toilet and come back. Then I had to go again 10 mins later as it hadn't fully emptied for an internal scan
Hootietootie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 19, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I needed a scan a few weeks ago and was told to drink 2 pints an hour before. I was dreading it as my bladder doesn’t hold as much as it should anyway. I went to the toilet about an hour and 15mins before the appointment and managed to drink just over a pint. By the time it was my appointment I was bursting. Got to my appointment and told me they were going to do an internal one instead so I got to go to the toilet before they started!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 19, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Kd0758
Very Serious Dibber

The letter says they may do an internal one but I took it with a pinch of salt so thanks for the warnings - I’ve just shaved my legs
Kd0758 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List