Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 8 May 19, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Sunset girl
Imagineer

Mobile Make sure you have consent letter on you..

We took 2 of our grandchildren back to Florida 3 was ago
Landed yesterday back at Manchester
Immigration insisted on talking to the kids asking about their holiday and asking to see the consent letter
I had the letter and birth certificates ... in the case dh fault ggrrrr I thought he had them in his hand luggage...
I always have them in the hand luggage
They have never asked to see them before on previous trips or going into mco
But apparently now they take the safeguarding of children more seriously! And insist on a consent letter..
Old 8 May 19, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
sully301
Imagineer

i get that they take it seriously but how do they know a letter isn't faked?
Feb 2003 AKL, April 2003 Villa, June 2003 ASMu Nov 2003 OKW, Dec 2003 CSR & PVR, Aug 2007 Pop Century, Aug 2011 RPR & OKW, Dec 2012 POFQ & BLT. Aug 2015 Disney Magic, Sep 2016 ASsports, Sep 2019 OKW, March 2020, Holiday Inn Celebration. 2021 CSR, Sep 22 Pop Century, BLT & AKL. Feb23 Dockside US. Aug 23 Disney Dream, Jan 24 ASSp Sep 2024 ASSp
sully301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 19, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Bobbins
Imagineer

Bobbins's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Sunset girl View Post
We took 2 of our grandchildren back to Florida 3 was ago
Landed yesterday back at Manchester
Immigration insisted on talking to the kids asking about their holiday and asking to see the consent letter
Immigration at Manchester?
Bobbins is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 19, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
traleegirl
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by sully301 View Post
i get that they take it seriously but how do they know a letter isn't faked?
I have always said this!
Anyone can write a letter pretending to be the parent giving permission...but unless it’s done as an official document witnessed by a solicitor surely it would mean nothing?
Old 8 May 19, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by traleegirl View Post
I have always said this!
Anyone can write a letter pretending to be the parent giving permission...but unless it’s done as an official document witnessed by a solicitor surely it would mean nothing?
But that could be forged as well.
Dinglebert is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 19, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Powlay
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 4
We had ours checked at the check in desk at manchester in November.

Had two grand kids, and they asked them some questions. Read the letter etc.

Immigration at Orlando asked for the letter also, he then asked them both their names and who was I, the two year old was furious. Shouted her name really loud and then said thats my "awesome granddad super hero" pointing at me!
Old 8 May 19, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

When our friend took our daughter to Lapland she got stopped at LGW and asked for the letter and my passport number luckily she had a copy of my passport and my driving licence
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 19, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
traleegirl
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Chair1519 View Post
But that could be forged as well.
It could be! So how can a ‘letter of permission’ allow someone to take children who are not theirs, out of the country?
(I understand asking the children about who is traveling with them helps, but in custody battles wouldn’t this be a perfect way of getting children into a different country?)
Old 8 May 19, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by traleegirl View Post
It could be! So how can a ‘letter of permission’ allow someone to take children who are not theirs, out of the country?
(I understand asking the children about who is traveling with them helps, but in custody battles wouldn’t this be a perfect way of getting children into a different country?)
I know. The problem then becomes do you introduce a system which involves the authorities and interviews/appointments before an official letter is produced? That involves time, cost and general unneeded trouble.

The current system of a letter has worked to a greater or lesser degree for many years. The system really involves the officials spotting trouble and dealing with it.
Dinglebert is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 19, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Sunset girl
Imagineer

Mobile

Yes it was Manchester Airport
I know letters can easily be forged so that’s why I take their birth certificates too!
Funnily enough we weren’t questioned taking them out of the country.. only on the return..