Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 7 May 19, 08:03 AM  
Link to this Post
jlbf06
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile Universal Seasonal Pass

Sorry I’m advance if this has been asked - I’ve read so many posts that I’ve confused myself though!

We’ve purchased 14 day 2 Park Universal Tickets and are going in December. We would like to upgrade to 2 Park Seasonal Passes. Part of the time that we are there will be “peak” season. If we were to use the 14 Day passes during what is effectively a blackout time for annuals, would we have to upgrade to Preferred Passes before coming home or would they still allow us to upgrade to seasonal after using them over a blockout period? One of our group will be upgrading to preferred, and we could do that earlier in the trip to get full use of discounts/parking etc.
jlbf06 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 19, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
JP81
Imagineer

JP81's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I would say you will be fine. They just won't be valid through further blackouts in future. Drop them a message on Twitter if you use it, @UniversalORL
They are generally very helpful.

I would upgrade the one preferred at the earliest opportunity for the free parking and discounts.
May 2023 Rosen Int'l

Edited at 07:20 PM.
JP81 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 19, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
jlbf06
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by JP81 View Post
I would say you will be fine. They just won't be valid through further blackouts in future. Drop them a message on Twitter if you use it, @UniversalORL

I would upgrade the one preferred at the earliest opportunity for the free parking and discounts.
Thank you! We are hopping back and forth between Disney and US but I would plan more US on the early part of the trip if we needed to avoid the seasonal blackout dates. I'll message them now
jlbf06 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 19, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
jlbf06
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by jlbf06 View Post
Thank you! We are hopping back and forth between Disney and US but I would plan more US on the early part of the trip if we needed to avoid the seasonal blackout dates. I'll message them now
They said no, if the 2 Park is used during seasonal blockout dates then it cannot be upgraded to that pass.
Old 9 May 19, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
rafjen
Apprentice Imagineer

rafjen's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
That really helpful to know- I a, thinking of doing something similar going August and next May- Volcano bay is the issue for us- but I think we will avoid Volcano bay until past the black out dates
rafjen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 19, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
jlbf06
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

The first ten days of our trip are clear then it goes to blackout, so we’ll just have to do more Disney later in the trip. I was hoping to do US on Boxing Day though - time for Plan B!
Old 9 May 19, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
jlbf06
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by rafjen View Post
That really helpful to know- I a, thinking of doing something similar going August and next May- Volcano bay is the issue for us- but I think we will avoid Volcano bay until past the black out dates
If you do ask the question out there and they say something different, I’d love to know!
Old 9 May 19, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
pooky1969
New Poster (4)

We’ve just been to Universal Orlando from April 23rd to May 4th. Seasonal Annual pass blockout dates ran until April 27th. We had the 3 park ticket and used it until the 27th and then upgraded to the Seasonal Pass which we used for the rest of the holiday (as we are going back in September).
We upgraded it at the end of the day on the 27th. Nothing was said about us not being able to upgrade the ticket because it had already been used during Seasonal Pass blockout dates. I know you have the 2 park ticket rather than the 3 park ticket and also upgrading your ticket would block you for the last few days of your holiday, but maybe it’s another one of those situations where you get a different answer depending on who you speak to on the day.
pooky1969 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 19, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Hootietootie
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by pooky1969 View Post
We’ve just been to Universal Orlando from April 23rd to May 4th. Seasonal Annual pass blockout dates ran until April 27th. We had the 3 park ticket and used it until the 27th and then upgraded to the Seasonal Pass which we used for the rest of the holiday (as we are going back in September).
We upgraded it at the end of the day on the 27th. Nothing was said about us not being able to upgrade the ticket because it had already been used during Seasonal Pass blockout dates. I know you have the 2 park ticket rather than the 3 park ticket and also upgrading your ticket would block you for the last few days of your holiday, but maybe it’s another one of those situations where you get a different answer depending on who you speak to on the day.
Can I ask what you paid? Just trying to get an idea of the 3 park upgrade. Need to upgrade at least one, but hoping for 3 so we can plan last day/night of holidays. We are in Titusville for a week, and trying to plan what days we can go using 14 day pass, but have a feeling we’ll want to go at start of holiday!
Hootietootie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 19, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
lottiesmum0
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by JP81 View Post

If you upgrade to the free parking pass- does that also include hotels?