Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 15 May 19, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

I’ve not seen a full episode of JK but did see some of it whilst waiting in the dentist’s waiting room the other week. The bit I saw was JK bellowing ‘liar’ at a woman who had ‘failed’ a lie detector test. Psychological Associations around the world cite the accuracy of polygraphs at around 65-70%. Polygraph manufacturers claim 90%. Whatever the accuracy there is a significant degree of inaccuracy. The poor guy who killed himself could well have been telling the truth.

Edited at 01:02 PM.
Omega1 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 19, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitchfan626
VIP Dibber

I've got a suspicion that more is going to come out about Jeremy Kyle hence why they have taken the decision to cancel it so quickly.

I may be completely barking up the wrong tree entirely, but my feeling is more will come out about the lie detector results.
1995 WDW (offsite) , 1998 DLP (Newport Bay Club), 2001, 2002, 2003 DLP (Hotel Hew York), 2004 WDW (offsite), 2005 DLP (Hotel Hew York), 2007 WDW (Grand Floridian), 2008 DLP (Hotel Hew York), 2011 DLP (Hotel Cheyenne), 2015 DLP (Hotel Hew York), May 2016 DLP (Newport Bay Club), December 2016 DLP (Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest Room), April 2017 WDW (Animal Kingdom Lodge), June 2019 DLP (Hotel Cheyenne), August 2019 DLP (Vienna Dream Castle), December 2019 DLP (Magic Circus)
Stitchfan626 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 19, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Stitchfan626 View Post
I've got a suspicion that more is going to come out about Jeremy Kyle hence why they have taken the decision to cancel it so quickly.

I may be completely barking up the wrong tree entirely, but my feeling is more will come out about the lie detector results.
Depending on which research you read the accuracy if lie detector tests is between 70%-90%... so yes there could be more to come out about this
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 19, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Both programmes should be ditched because they are garbage along with the rest of these 'reality' tv shows.
The issue is that the suicide of the gentleman can be contributed to the results from the show and it happened so soon after filming.
The Love Island suicides were both a year after the show so it's difficult to say it was because of the show itself although I would add that if the correct screening had been done on Sophie she would not have been allowed to participate in the first place
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 19, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Reality TV = Cheap TV = Lazy production = utter crap
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 19, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Dougie
Imagineer

Dougie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

I don't watch JK/LI/ I'm a Celebrity/Strictly come dancing/Big Brother etc etc... but there are a couple of things that spring to mind.

1) No one has to go on this programme.
2) Its an established programme so people know what they are getting into.
3) Most importantly... it is a shame this gentleman has died.

As tragic as this is, it can't be blamed on the TV show. His friends and ex-fiance said he had other problems.

Whether it's cancelled or not doesn't affect me at all but to cancel it because of this is harsh.
Dougie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 19, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Dougie View Post
I don't watch JK/LI/ I'm a Celebrity/Strictly come dancing/Big Brother etc etc... but there are a couple of things that spring to mind.

1) No one has to go on this programme.
2) Its an established programme so people know what they are getting into.
3) Most importantly... it is a shame this gentleman has died.

As tragic as this is, it can't be blamed on the TV show. His friends and ex-fiance said he had other problems.

Whether it's cancelled or not doesn't affect me at all but to cancel it because of this is harsh.
My thoughts exactly you just articulated it better than I could lol
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 19, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Omega1 View Post
Psychological Associations around the world cite the accuracy of polygraphs at around 65-70%. Polygraph manufacturers claim 90%. Whatever the accuracy there is a significant degree of inaccuracy. The poor guy who killed himself could well have been telling the truth.
this needs amplifying. polygraphs are not a reliable form of evidence, and anybody using them (including law enforcement) should be stopped.

theres an interesting bit about it here

apa/research/action/polygraph

and a much more entertaining and palatable video here from adam ruins everything

wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 19, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

Given the physiological changes a polygraph measures, all that can be stated is that it is an accurate fear detector!
Omega1 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 19, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Omega1 View Post
Given the physiological changes a polygraph measures, all that can be stated is that it is an accurate fear detector!
sweaty palms and stuttering in your response? YOU MUST BE LYING!

nothing to do with being confronted on tv or by the police asking aggressive questions because they are convinced you murdered someone, even though you have reliable witnesses to say you were out of the country or something. If the US military say it isnt admissible as evidence, why should a law court or even a tv show?!

POLYGRAPHS ARE HOKUM. same for myers-briggs tests and homeopathy
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List