Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 13 Jun 19, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
bernard301
slightly serious Dibber

Think of it this way. Credit cards have to provide protection by law and can be replaced in as little as 24hrs if lost/stolen (AMEX). Any cash or cash equivalent products (such as prepaid currency cards) offer very little protection if compromised with debit cards providing whatever protection your bank decides to offer.

I personally take a main credit card (with a back up in case of incident) and a small amount of cash for incidentals
bernard301 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 19, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Mobile

I always take my Santander zero credit card and about $100 a day in cash. I have backup cards if need be. The fees can really start to add up if you use your debit card for every little purchase.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 19, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Softy View Post
But the card would be linked to the hotel room, which is linked to the magic band. Disney will charge the credit card when you reach a certain amount, I forget how much.
Disney have changed their rules this year whereby they were taking a hold of $100 per day or above the balance. Plus they charge the account every 3-4 days instead of at the end of your stay.
There was a long thread running about this earlier in the year.

disneyworld.disney.go/en...t-card-policy/
Old 13 Jun 19, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
sasperella
Apprentice Imagineer

sasperella's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I’d better not say I take credit card, $$ and ... Travellers cheques.
Heard it all before! I’m old fashioned, it’s what I like and they were widely accepted in Sept/Oct last year.

Rosen Inn @ Pointe Orlando. Easter 2013, Sept/Oct 2015, Nov/Dec 2017
Wilderness Lodge 2018
AKL 2019, 2020, 2022. Beach Club 2023
sasperella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 19, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by sasperella View Post
Heard it all before! I’m old fashioned, it’s what I like and they were widely accepted in Sept/Oct last year.
Why do you hesitate

We used TCs regularly up until maybe 7 or 8 years ago but started to feel that "younger" servers and shop assistants didn't know what to do with them.

Always used them just like cash. $74.25 bill in Walmart - give them a $100 TC - get $25.75 cash in change.

Mick
Old 13 Jun 19, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
bernard301
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by sasperella View Post
To be fair, acceptance issues asides travellers cheques are still a secure way of taking money, as long as you keep all numbers they can be stopped, replaced and if someone does try to dishonestly redeem them, the place doing so is likely to remember them!
bernard301 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 19, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
talk talk
Getting Excited

Always take a $US currency card ( Fairfx), a credit card and about $300 cash for Disney Parking and tipping.
Lindfields Villa - November 1998
Terra Verde Villa - June 2019
talk talk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 19, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
WelshSara
Helping Mickey

Thanks Claudette - I could have sworn that I'd seen a hyperlink to connect a credit card to a magic band - brain is mush at the moment.

So I'm guessing we just put everything on credit card and pay hotel with that at the end of our visit? Same end point I suppose - it all get's paid by us!

Claudette - you've been a patient source of info for me - I doff my Disney headband/baseball cap to you. Thank you.
WelshSara is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 19, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
sasperella
Apprentice Imagineer

sasperella's Reviews
Originally Posted by mick View Post
Why do you hesitate

We used TCs regularly up until maybe 7 or 8 years ago but started to feel that "younger" servers and shop assistants didn't know what to do with them.

Always used them just like cash. $74.25 bill in Walmart - give them a $100 TC - get $25.75 cash in change.

Mick

Last time in Magic Kingdom one of the Cms said they’d all just had training how to deal with TC.
Just feels more normal to me.

Wilderness Lodge 2018
sasperella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 19, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
sasperella
Apprentice Imagineer

sasperella's Reviews
Originally Posted by bernard301 View Post
To be fair, acceptance issues asides travellers cheques are still a secure way of taking money, as long as you keep all numbers they can be stopped, replaced and if someone does try to dishonestly redeem them, the place doing so is likely to remember them!
I knew there was a reason I liked them

Wilderness Lodge 2018