Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 17 Jun 19, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

A week in Florida next year no parks which month

Well ok the title is slightly misleading, I'd try to stretch it to 8/9 days and maybe do one park Hollywood studios.

DH is 60 next June and he wants to go back and we agreed to do a cheaper shorter trip. We don't feel we can justify staying in Disney again and doing all the parks , due to the increasing crowds and poor exchange rate.
DH really wants to go to Star Wars land and suggested we go in June for a week and stay at a LBV hotel. As we normally have a city break abroad somewhere end of Feb I think we'd be better switching the two trips around , Orlando end of Feb and our other break in June.
I can see flights with Virgin for under £400 in Feb and could get the Clarion hotel for under £500 for nine nights. A one day Magic your Way ticket would probably be around £100 per person I'm guessing.
We'd maybe add in a trip to Kennedy space centre as we've never been and perhaps Sea World. Probably wouldn't hire a car but Uber or use the bus. A more relaxed trip..I'm confident I could bring all of the above in at under 2k. That doesn't sound too bad as we just came back from a weeks cruise with P&O to Norway and that cost around £2400 in the end.
I'm guessing if we go in June I'd be talking nearer 3k and the crowds would be higher...
This is all for two adults. If anyone wants to comment on my rambling feel free 😀

Edited at 09:23 AM.
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Missin_Disney
Apprentice Imagineer

We are doing 8 days next march (end of) just me and DW (no kids)

Staying at The Grove, no parks, just some chill time

Chose March as its before Spring Break and should be warm but not too hot

May is also a nice time to go if you avoid half term as we have found the temperatures really start to rise but the humidity isn't too high and the chance of rain is less too
Missin_Disney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

Mobile

We've been twice in May years ago, and of August into September three times and October once. Had varying weather although October was the best. Leave at work is another issue. I have to book almost a year ahead to be sure of getting the days! I have already requested June next year and it's approved. DH can't book his leave until January for that year, so if we go Feb he'd had to hope it would be ok..
93 94 03 2023 DLP
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
stupet11
Imagineer

We are thinking of doing similar next year, with no kids for first time. 25th Wedding Anniversary and my 50th ;-(

Doing our first cruise this year, so depends if we like that as to what we do.

I am thinking May (anniversary month) and September - for prices and weather (we do love the intense heat!). My b'day is in December, but not sure about the crowds and coming home to cold weather - would be more depressing than usual!

Good idea to do 1 day at HS - might be worth seeing in the do an After Hours Event. We are doing this this year at MK - only day at a Disney park, s owe can do the rides without crowds. I don't think we'd do any parks otherwise...maybe DC.
2012 Fairfield Inn IDrive 2013 Highland Reserve 2014 Old Key West 2015 Old Key West / Fantasy World 2016 New York / Cypress Pointe 2016 Cane Island 2017 Old Key West 2018 Port Orleans Riverside 2019 Keys / Cruise / Rosen Inn IDrive 2022 Port Orleans Riverside 2023 Idrive / Cruise 2023 Universal Dockside
stupet11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
If it was me I would do the very first week of May.

However. Not that I intend doing it but yet again Thomson have been pushing their late deal. Fly in June from Bristol or EMA or Gatwick into Sanford. 2 x Economy seats. 7 night duration but some are 10. Disney's Art of Animation resort all for £1100+

All that needs adding on is tickets. Bargain.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
If it was me I would do the very first week of May.

However. Not that I intend doing it but yet again Thomson have been pushing their late deal. Fly in June from Bristol or EMA or Gatwick into Sanford. 2 x Economy seats. 7 night duration but some are 10. Disney's Art of Animation resort all for £1100+

All that needs adding on is tickets. Bargain.
That is a good deal, but we are from Manchester and would need to add on an internal flight or drive down and stay over which bumps it up

I was thinking around 4th May would be even crazier with the Star Wars thing. Maybe from mid May, I'll check out flight and hotel prices for then.
Old 17 Jun 19, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by JudyC View Post
That is a good deal, but we are from Manchester and would need to add on an internal flight or drive down and stay over which bumps it up

I was thinking around 4th May would be even crazier with the Star Wars thing. Maybe from mid May, I'll check out flight and hotel prices for then.
Maybe an early start and pick East Midlands?

Edit. Just checked, they fly from Manchester as well but not brilliant prices sadly.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Just responding to your thread headline question generally rather than the detail if that's OK?

Apart from MVMCP in 2014 we haven't done WDW since 2010 but maybe 15+ trips since without contributing to their bank account. Although to be fair we always visit DS a couple of times every holiday.

We are lucky to visit twice a year usually and our preferred months are mid-April into early-May or mid-Nov into early Dec.

The weather in those two general periods tends to be warm enough for us, low humidity and low rainfall. Averages of course as we've had overnight frost in December and low 90s in early November.

Only been in February once and that was to celebrate our Golden Wedding in 2017.

We tend to tour the State in day trips a bit now so park crowd projections don't interfere with our plans - we even go to DS at 10am and have the place to ourselves.

Mick
Old 17 Jun 19, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

We did a no Disney trip earlier this year flying out Easter Monday. If you are only planning on one day at Disney you'd probably get more bang for your buck staying on I Drive rather than LBV and with better no car eating options within easy reach.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 19, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
taffs travels
VIP Dibber

We go every year,last week April 1st week may,its warm not scorching,very little rain (if any)the prices are also very good and spring break has ended ,more room for the Brits.
taffs travels is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List