Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Community > DIBBing > General Chat
Forgotten Password?
Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.
Unread 17 Jun 19, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

A levels are done here - we made it !

Barely alive may I add . My word that was a stressful last few months and to be honest its not over yet . The long wait for us now to see if he actually gets the grades to go the the uni of his choice . Not the end of the World if he doesnt , as he has an second choice unconditional , but adds to the stress of actually finding a uni you like then finding out its off the list if you dont.
Anyway congratulations to all the A level students parents whove made it this far as its been testing to say the least. Your support on here was invaluable 💗
Good luck to all the kids now starting new career paths as well
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Infinity pool in Sicily :)
Unread 17 Jun 19, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Mobile

You took the words out of my mouth mexy! Stressful really doesnt cover it here, I have been driven slowly round the bend since May 😳. Final exam done this afternoon, verdict is still if I get to uni not when. I think we all deserve to treat ourselves 👍🏻 And thanks to everyone on the university visits thread, its been fabulously supportive all the way through 💋.
sammykitten is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
I'll be there for my birthday!
Unread 17 Jun 19, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Magic Mouse
Imagineer

Mobile

Yes, all done here too!

Its been very stressful but I have to say that once they started they do seem to have gone quite quickly.

I dont think DD really knows what to do with herself now! Shes going to try and find some work but it seems quite difficult. Not sure how many employers will take her on for just a couple of months. Shes applied for a couple but not heard anything yet.

Itll be a nervous wait now until results day. But she worked hard so Im proud of her whatever.
Orlando/Indian Shores - Aug 14 Emerald Island/RPR - Aug 16
Emerald Island/RPR - Aug 18
Magic Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Back to the Magic
Unread 17 Jun 19, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by sammykitten View Post
You took the words out of my mouth mexy! Stressful really doesnt cover it here, I have been driven slowly round the bend since May 😳. Final exam done this afternoon, verdict is still if I get to uni not when. I think we all deserve to treat ourselves 👍🏻 And thanks to everyone on the university visits thread, its been fabulously supportive all the way through 💋.
Its Going to be a long summer
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Infinity pool in Sicily :)
Unread 17 Jun 19, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Well done all!

We, in Scotland, have finished Highers two weeks ago and now it's just the wait for the results!

There must be some pretty relieved teenagers throughout the whole of the UK right about now! Well done to them all and good luck!

Florida - 04, 05, 06, 08, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20
Cruises - 17 - Caribbean, 18 - Canaries, Far East/India/Dubai, Caribbean, Mexico, , , 19 - Med, China/Japan/HK+more
Other USA - California Nevada Arizona Utah New York New Mexico Colorado
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Venice cruise - then Disney CSR in Jan!
Unread 17 Jun 19, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Magic Mouse
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by sammykitten View Post
Absolutely agree, its been a great place to chat with other parents in the same position and Im sure the support will carry on up to results day and beyond.
Orlando/Indian Shores - Aug 14 Emerald Island/RPR - Aug 16
Emerald Island/RPR - Aug 18
Magic Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Back to the Magic
Unread 17 Jun 19, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Never had the experience of helping my eldest with A levels she didn't do them, I fully expect my youngest to do them though and will read others experiences of how they and their kiddos coped... We've had year 6 SATs recently in this house that was stressful enough for daughter and me... The build up to it more than the tests... Good luck to all your sons and daughters and hope they go on to great things 😘
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
UK staycation
Unread 17 Jun 19, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Magic Mouse View Post
Absolutely agree, its been a great place to chat with other parents in the same position and Im sure the support will carry on up to results day and beyond.
That is fabulous!
I hope there is as good a support network on here for this upcoming year as we are a year behind you lot and it is tuning up to be a very busy year but many decisions to be made and deadlines to meet!

And there we were as mothers with our babies and toddlers thinking 'It must be so much easier and so much less worrisome when they are older!'

Florida - 04, 05, 06, 08, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20
Cruises - 17 - Caribbean, 18 - Canaries, Far East/India/Dubai, Caribbean, Mexico, , , 19 - Med, China/Japan/HK+more
Other USA - California Nevada Arizona Utah New York New Mexico Colorado
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Venice cruise - then Disney CSR in Jan!
Discount Florida Car Hire