Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 1 Jul 19, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
JandMsdaughter2
New Poster (3)

Solo trip help

Hey I'm booking my first solo trip tommorow yayyyy

Just a bit scared thou

So have a couple questions has anyone eaten in buffets alone and if so how did you find it was it awkward

Do you find it lonely only ever been with my family?
How do you find walking back to the hotel at night alone do you feel safe I'm staying at the Santa fe

Any other tips and tricks

Thank you
JandMsdaughter2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 19, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

i can only answer one of those questions for DLP - yes, I'd feel perfectly safe walking back to the Santa Fe in the evenings at DLP.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 19, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarryb
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I found buffet restaurants easier than the table service, actually. They seem to be busier, and so no one really sees you're alone. Not that anyone seemed to pay any attention to that fact wherever you dine. Not that I noticed, anyway.

Only thing I worried about was leaving my bag. But I went when it was chillier, and my coat was over it. It's just one of those things you tend to fret about, but everything was fine. 😁 x
Sarryb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 19, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Mobile

Nothing to be scared about - you’ll have a great time 😊
I take my Kindle when I’m in the bar or a restaurant - stops me feeling lonely or awkward. I’ve done solo trips and semi solo (met up with friends when I was there) and the thing to remember us that everyone else is far too busy enjoying their holiday to notice you are alone, so don’t feel self conscious. The best bit is doing exactly what you want to do and when you want to do it!
I booked my next trip for November which will be a solo trip - can’t wait 😊

Duchess Adventures! - Trip report index
Melanie R is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 19, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
HFJohnson
Imagineer

Another solo trip fan here!

I pretty much echo what the others have said - I've never felt awkward at buffets or any of the restaurants, if I have a book/kindle with me then it's fine. Keeping an eye on your bag can be tricky but you can always ask for a seat closer to the buffet.

I don't find it lonely particularly - there's so much to do I don't really have time to think about it and when I'm having some down time I enjoy the peace and quiet!

I've never felt unsafe in any of the onsite areas - there are always lots of other people/families around plus there's a lot of security.
HFJohnson is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List