Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 8 Jul 19, 01:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Joellybum
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

You have definitely done the right thing. Please watch this video - these are friends of ours and I would hate anyone to have to go through what they have xx
Joellybum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 19, 07:34 AM  
Link to this Post
CarolynU
Imagineer

CarolynU's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Joellybum View Post
You have definitely done the right thing. Please watch this video - these are friends of ours and I would hate anyone to have to go through what they have xx
I’m very grateful to you for sharing this because waking up I suddenly felt some guilt at reporting them, but it’s certainly gone now.
What heartbreak for your friends and how shocking to learn that we in the uk fall behind the safety standards of elsewhere.
My daughter and son in law still rear face my granddaughter aged three and I was wondering if this was still necessary but now I’m grateful.
Please say thank you to your friends for their courage in making and sharing this video. It’s certainly made me think.
Old 8 Jul 19, 08:04 AM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Joellybum View Post
That’s so sad and I’m so sorry for your friends. So very little is known about proper car seat safety in the uk. People walk into Halfords and mothercare and think just because these seats are for sale they are safe. The truth is many pass extremely low safety tests and people are attracted by price and colours. The injuries young children can sustain when FF is shocking - their little bodies are just not strong enough to take the forces in a crash. It’s 500 times safer to rear face and I only hope that people become more aware of this are time goes on. My children are both in extended rear facing car seats that will last until they are both around 7. It’s a topic I feel very passionately about as you can see and it’s because of stories like this that is so important word spreads. Luckily I do think most parents now research better rather than just relying on shop advice and times are changing, thank god.
2012 - Sept The 'anniversary trip' SSR. - 2013 - October the bonus trip to POR
2015 - 20th trip!September WLV first trip with DD!
2017 - Sept Poly first trip with two toddlers!
2018 - May AKV & POR the last before school trip.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2022 - April Poly, SSR, WLV
2023 - POFQ & AKL
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 19, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Sunset girl
Imagineer

Mobile

Without going into too much detail a family members ex used to do the same
So we phoned the police and told them giving the reg number. The ex was stopped and was given a warning
Old 8 Jul 19, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sunset girl View Post
Without going into too much detail a family members ex used to do the same
So we phoned the police and told them giving the reg number. The ex was stopped and was given a warning
That's what I would have to do. Otherwise if I didn't and anything bad happened I'd have it on my conscience
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 19, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Jack Daniel's
VIP Dibber

Any update on your neighbours, hopefully they have stopped leaving the baby unstrapped in the front.
2013 Aulani / Disneyland Hotel
2010/13/16/17/18/19 DLRP
2009 POR 2008 POR
2007 Caribbean Beach Resort
2004 Orlando International Resort Int` Drive
1994 Holiday Inn Int` Drive
1993 Comfort Inn 1992 Continental Plaza
1991 Howard Johnston 1990 Holiday Inn Int` Drive
Jack Daniel's is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 19, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
CarolynU
Imagineer

CarolynU's Reviews
Mobile

I went away on holiday for just over a week. Two days after I returned I had some friends from America staying.
Without me saying a single thing they remarked how they couldn’t believe their eyes as the parents got out of the van and the baby was loose on the mums lap in the front.
They said how that was against the law in America. I replied that it was over here too and I owned up to them that I had reported it.
Now I’ve no idea whether anyone did actually speak to them or not but if they did it doesn’t appear as if anything has changed.
Old 13 Aug 19, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mobile

Aww thats really sad to read 😢 I don't understand how any person can put a child knowingly at risk. Carolyn U at least you will always know you done the right thing by the child.
Minnie18 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 19, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
CarolynU
Imagineer

CarolynU's Reviews
Mobile

Thank you so much. It took a lot of soul searching before I reported it, but once having plucked up the courage I really hoped that it might have done some good. The parents plainly adore her and she is beautifully kept and yet they take this chance. Mystifying to me.
Old 13 Aug 19, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Anne
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by CarolynU View Post
Thank you so much. It took a lot of soul searching before I reported it, but once having plucked up the courage I really hoped that it might have done some good. The parents plainly adore her and she is beautifully kept and yet they take this chance. Mystifying to me.
Carolyn, good on you for reporting them. I've done it myself in a similar situation. If it was me I would just report it again in case they haven't been spoken to.
Anne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List