Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 10 Jul 19, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Joan and I celebrated 52 years of marriage in February.

We had our Golden Wedding dinner in Narcoossee's which was a double celebration for what Joan went through in 2016 and just making it back was fantastic anyway.

We've had our ups and downs health wise for both of us. After my 50+ years in the construction industry we've also had a few financial challenges which we've overcome.

If there is a secret it's the ability to discuss everything openly, never leave home on an unresolved argument and be able to laugh at yourselves.

Mick
Old 10 Jul 19, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa-72
Imagineer

Lisa-72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Mobile

I was with ex for 27 years, married for 24 years. It was a journey all right, lots of ups and downs.
Now with my DH of 4 weeks, together 5 years.
I can see now what I was missing and always had to compromise.
Some things aren’t meant to be.

Sssshhhh it was a secret, March 2010 Econo Lodge 1st Visit
Lisa-72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 19, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
How did you meet a country bumpkin - I bet he's not!
You should write a book about your dogs, especially the rescue, I'd read it.
He is ! He got transferred to the city from the sticks and a 16 year old East End girl started copy typing in the city firm. I was always a home bird and he was actually my first boyfriend as my Mum was my life. The office, I was working for, said he was absolutely besotted...…. my mum was more worried as at the time I was 17 and he was 30.

Then my mum and dad, fell absolutely in love with him. They saw how he would look after me the rest of my life.

I adore him, though I am a bloody moaner, spender, nightmare with dog rescue and he got me through the hell of never being able to hold my own baby, though I would never give up my babes for that now. Especially my Molly.

Too much info I suppose, but I know that man... is my life. I love him so. xx
Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate in its Hey Day ! Villa we won on "Big Breakfast". Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. POFQ/Sheraton Safari.The wonderful Al Qasr - Dubai. 2008 Luxury and Romance in the wonderful Maldives in a Water Bungalow. 2009 Burj Al Arab/Atlantis/Al Maha.Dubai WOWWIEEE! 2010 5nts Disney's Old Key West/Contemporary./7nts Universals Portofino. 2012 Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa,Dubai and Italy. 2014 -Norfolk, Sirmione Italy, Burj Al Arab/Al Qasr, thank you to my wonderful husband.x

Edited at 02:45 PM.
Nicksgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 19, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Lots of long happy marriages on here... it'll be our Ruby wedding next year,I met mine in Gretna Green of all places when I was 18 and married him 5 months later on my 19th birthday,10 years age difference,nobody expected it to last as they said we didn't really know each other. Like most people we've had ups and downs but mostly ups,a couple of health scares but we've got through them together.Life is very short and I feel very lucky to have him ♥️
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 19, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

With us it is that old-fashioned concept - we cherish each other.
WhereIBelong is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 19, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by WhereIBelong View Post
With us it is that old-fashioned concept - we cherish each other.
Beautiful. xxxx
Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate in its Hey Day ! Villa we won on "Big Breakfast". Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. POFQ/Sheraton Safari.The wonderful Al Qasr - Dubai. 2008 Luxury and Romance in the wonderful Maldives in a Water Bungalow. 2009 Burj Al Arab/Atlantis/Al Maha.Dubai WOWWIEEE! 2010 5nts Disney's Old Key West/Contemporary./7nts Universals Portofino. 2012 Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa,Dubai and Italy. 2014 -Norfolk, Sirmione Italy, Burj Al Arab/Al Qasr, thank you to my wonderful husband.x
Nicksgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 19, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

Married 29 years for us and together for 32. We have had our tough times, but our relationship has always been strong, we are a team and we are in this together. Some friends of ours recently separated and my dh when talking to the separated man, told him he couldn’t give him any advice on the breakup, as he had always been happy. Brought a tear of joy to my eye as I feel the same, we are very lucky.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 19, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

38 years married, together for 40, today is our anniversary.
We’ve changed together as we’ve got older. We’ve been friends since the day we met and that’s an enduring thing.
Old 10 Jul 19, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post

We have been together 27 years and married 18 this summer.

Life goes so fast and we have both changed but still love each other more now than I think we did 30 years ago. Friendship and forgiveness makes it last. Some days we really pee each other off but I know if I have had a really bad day all I want is a hug from DH to make me better. (I have put up with his snoring for 20+ years, I deserve a medal!)
Old 10 Jul 19, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Bluemoonno1
Trading Disney Pins

Married for 13 years this month but together for 30. Dont know if I should be annoyed it took him 17 years to propose or glad that he still wanted to marry me after 17 years and 4 children together
Bluemoonno1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List